"This Is Morrissey" compilation released (UK - July 6, 2018, US - July 13)

The new compilation is available from today on CD in the UK (Vinyl - Aug. 31), and I can see it’s already on Spotify too.

Posted by an anonymous person:

US version will be release on 13 july.

Link to Amazon.com release.

43206-8faf73716b9e1d9db71f4c9cc70ccc02.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swords charted at 55 I think and 2011’s Very Best Of even lower, so with no new material I don’t expect this to enter the top 40.
There has been no promotion of it either since he’s retreated, whilst both of those had U.K. tours to accompany them (either at the time or shortly afterwards)

Swords charted at 55 I think and 2011’s Very Best Of even lower, so with no new material I don’t expect this to enter the top 40.

Greatest hits N05 in 2008 so who knows lets wait and see, however Marr after putting the boot into Moz oh highest chart position 7 hmm yea

There has been no promotion of it either since he’s retreated, whilst both of those had U.K. tours to accompany them (either at the time or shortly afterwards)

Malcolm was well publicised before the scum wanted to portray him as a racist, sure he will still have enough sales to make him smile , however hope Marr,James and has-beens book does as well Not, good luck to all the jump on the wagon twats

OK been on sale for over a month granted a few sold out great, barrowlands yes nearly the same as Edinburgh, however again remember all the cries of Moz not sold out tickets work out his audience on his last tour and come back to me as all apart from Aberdeen were 98 % sold good going Moz, However again nobody knows the sales for these gigs and people who pretend they do. SHUT UP OR PROVE THE SALES SIMPLE
Crikey, you’re an angry little man, you need to take a chill pill

Malcolm was well publicised before the scum wanted to portray him as a racist, sure he will still have enough sales to make him smile , however hope Marr,James and has-beens book does as well Not, good luck to all the jump on the wagon twats

Crikey, you’re and angry little man, take a chill pill, wonder where James new album will chart in August, last one was number 2. What was Lihs again?

Number 4, which was reasonable, 11th successive UK top 10 album.
Comps are more for the long haul though, they don’t usually chart as high.

Angry man not little certainly not ,when you come on to a site which always makes Moz out as terrible what does one expect , no need for any chill pill as when on here you cant abuse swear or keep putting people down as you try and control .

We all have a right to say as we wish on this site , do not call me a little man till you meet me and you chill out as your language on other posts to me is shocking, if we get the pleasure to meet would be happy to have an adult conversation with you without you trying to bring people down, good luck

NO 5 however vinyl top spot and that's all I buy so plus points, good luck james hope you manage it, can wait and see however stop your pish im an angry man, always stick up for what I believe are you going to the shady event on sunday

Loads on HMV shelves this morning (single too).
FB Official video advert:

20180706_092646.jpg

(above pictured link resolves to iTunes).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Number 4, which was reasonable, 11th successive UK top 10 album.
Comps are more for the long haul though, they don’t usually chart as high.

Well put sorry thought 5 but again important 11th successive top 10 hmm, sure James be similar in amount of released albums ?

Regardless of what you may think of his opinions, Morrissey's recent statements on political issues will have garnered him interest among a potential new fanbase who might not have heard of or had an interest in him previously. The timing of this compilation means that at least some of those potential new fans will come to This is Morrissey as their introduction to the man's music. The thought that this piece of rubbish will be anybody's introduction to a discography that is so important to me might very well be the most depressing bit of Morrissey-related information I've heard in a long time.

It’s certainly interesting to speculate what he would have played off this record on the July dates. Would Kill Uncle have returned to the setlist? And more specifically Harsh Truth?
The I don’t want to be judged anymore, I would sooner be loved, I would sooner just be blindly loved lines certainly ring more true now than ever. He must have had that in mind when he compiled this.

The only reason for me to buy it, it is simply to ad it to my Morrissey records collection. I like the retro design of it. It reminds me to those nice 70s compilations you can still find in some charity shops. However, musically speaking, it doesn't bring anything new as I've got all the tracks already. Just one more Morrissey compilation, nothing else.
I wonder why the vinyl format is coming out so much later. What a palava!!

43206-8faf73716b9e1d9db71f4c9cc70ccc02.jpg

Last edited:
Tags
this is morrissey info
Back
Top Bottom