"This Is Morrissey" compilation released (UK - July 6, 2018, US - July 13)

The new compilation is available from today on CD in the UK (Vinyl - Aug. 31), and I can see it’s already on Spotify too.

Posted by an anonymous person:

US version will be release on 13 july.

Link to Amazon.com release.

43206-8faf73716b9e1d9db71f4c9cc70ccc02.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that suedehead remix.

The album has one of my most favourite songs on it so that’s good, Jack the Ripper. But my all time most hated Moz song, you’re the one for me Fatty! Why the f*** is that on there.

What a load of horseshit encomium. He would have been braver getting a detractor to write the notes rather than a hired-hand from a right-wing website who he has wheeled out previously to take the flak.

Yes, totally... 'cause every artist wants a detractor to write notes for their album. Every arist really wants that.

Not.

For all the new fans that will be introduced to him because of Ant-man and the Wasp and discover this "new" release it isn't a bad list. Too bad when they do a search on him they will probably see more about his alt-right sympathies which will immediately turn off a significant portion of them.

Yes, totally... 'cause every artist wants a detractor to write notes for their album. Every arist really wants that.

Not.

Depeche Mode had a whole list of quotes on the sleeve of their first singles compilation, some complimentary but many not so. Stuff like 'I've heard more melody coming out of Kenny Wheeler's arsehole - Paul Weller'. I actually think it sends a strong message that they felt secure enough to do that. It would be pretty cool, IMO, for Morrissey or anyone else to have sleevenotes that were just unremittingly savage from beginning to end. The standard isn't-this-artist-just-the-best-thing-ever is a bit pointless and cringe-inducing.

Have you gone mad?
Which artist has ever had a "detractor" write notes?
Also,tremr is not a right wing site,appears pretty libertarian to me.
And,if it was "right wing",what would be the problem?

In the US, the libertarians and the far right travel hand in hand.

Depeche Mode had a whole list of quotes on the sleeve of their first singles compilation, some complimentary but many not so. Stuff like 'I've heard more melody coming out of Kenny Wheeler's arsehole - Paul Weller'. I actually think it sends a strong message that they felt secure enough to do that. It would be pretty cool, IMO, for Morrissey or anyone else to have sleevenotes that were just unremittingly savage from beginning to end. The standard isn't-this-artist-just-the-best-thing-ever is a bit pointless and cringe-inducing.
They included this too ;)

It’s certainly interesting to speculate what he would have played off this record on the July dates. Would Kill Uncle have returned to the setlist? And more specifically Harsh Truth?
The I don’t want to be judged anymore, I would sooner be loved, I would sooner be just blindly loved lines certainly ring more true now than ever. He must have had that in mind when he compiled this.

That and Frankly, Mr Shankly

I See where you're coming from and it might be kinda cool, but with practically EVERYTHING out there being written about him being negative (all the time - yawn) I can see why he wouldn't want to kick himself down just to prove a point.

Makes me wonder if the canceled UK tour for LIHS would include promotion for this release? A bit odd strategy wise, but if so, then we might have seen more variety in the set lists.

In the US, the libertarians and the far right travel hand in hand.

I think libertarians are just right wing in terms of economics with a passion for having lots of guns. A lot of them are probably a bit on the left in attitudes to things like race, sexuality and drugs. They just don't like paying taxes. Old Moz fits in there with being a tight wad and sexuality but that's about it.

Dear Fiona Dodwell
We need Morrissey like a reindeer needs a hat rack.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Dear Fiona Dodwell
We need Morrissey like a reindeer needs a hat rack.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Surely you DO need him, though? I mean, what on earth would you do if you didn’t have Moz?

They included this too ;)

There are two key differences between Morrissey and Depeche Mode. Depeche Mode pack stadiums all over the world and don’t mind taking the piss, even when it’s directed at themselves. Morrissey can’t sell out a stadium anywhere except the 3rd world - where they don’t speak his native tongue - and he has about as much humour as a whiny little bitch toddler, in a candy aisle who’s been shut down by mommy.

Check the stats for gross-touring revenue for both. Its not even fair to compare one of the most highly successful touring bands on the globe to a whingy, weak-kneed hack shit-sack like Steve-O.

What a load of horseshit encomium. He would have been braver getting a detractor to write the notes rather than a hired-hand from a right-wing website who he has wheeled out previously to take the flak.
you back,i thought you f***ed off and werent coming back.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom