This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people change for the better, some people change for worse. In Morrissey's case, he was the soft-boy poster child of the sympathetic left, champion of the poor and lonely, etc. I think he takes more shit (and deservedly so) for leading people along thoughtful, kind, and introspective path, and then making the change into far right grumpy uncle. It's sadder than most cases, and I don't blame myself and others for feeling let down.

Well pop did write the song bragging about it years after it happened so I don’t know how much he changed but people still post his songs here and this is for actual sexual assault of a minor and not just commenting on a case in the news. I also don’t think morrissey really did much to make himself the poster child of the left but rather had it projected onto him. He in many ways is unchanged, maybe less humorous and less attractive, but he has always talked about how he mourned the loss of British society etc. and on issues like animal welfare he’s evolved further by giving up things like leather which he used to wear but I see mostly spitful people who want to criticize him more so now than they ever did then. He didn’t make it clear about veganism but it’s not like he owes people an answer. Maybe he’s not sure l. All he’s done is say who he’s voting for and who he thinks is be not treated fairly and I see people celebrating his albums pulled from shelves like some crazy mindless reactionary mob caught up in an outrage frenzy taking joy in self righteous anger and in many cases child like pettiness. People don’t want pops album bragging about child sexual assault taken off of shelves and will post his songs here but cheer when morrisseys are pulled for. Lying for a right wing party. Gordyboys a racist for still listening to morrisseys music but Bowie is great though he was friends with and financially supported a child
molester. I feel like people have gone off the rails not by disapproving of morrisseys decisions or opinions but by the extreme hateful reaction and glee they seem to take in it. It’s an ugly look imo and not a very reasonable one

Yeah, how can people be so ignorant. It's like getting confused between the Jacksons and the Jackson Five.

Seeing that the Jacksons contain nothing but members of the Jackson 5, and that For Britain and Britain First contain completely different and distinct individuals I am hereby authorized to inform you that, once again, you make 0 sense.:rolleyes:

He was filming people , which could have been the jury and he coped to it. I guess Tommy is just misunderstood , he wasn't really in BNP and isn't in the EDL he isn't quite obviously trying to make his name trolling any muslim crime - never white crime .
Man you are a knob and ugly as well shave that beard you look like yours mums 70s vagina
Its horrific people like you would even defend Tommy and Moz trying to use them to be seen as a rebel and get in the papers.
I mean seriously look how far the guy has fallen. Its a now way beyond a joke , he always used to court thugs but he had enough about him to be beyond them. Not now , now hes an old fart who will do anything for press . I can't see how its improved his sales (not that that's any excuse ) , he would have sold out all gigs at one point , not now and there were fellow mancs (he roses , real lads not a gay pretend one, selling football stadium after stadium.

Thanks for the personal insults, not sure what it has to do with argument but I'll take it all the same :lbf: As for the filming part please feel free to tell me how this impacts on the jury anymore than say the BBC actually publishing their names. But annnnywayyyzzz wasn't Tommy arressted for causing a public distrubance?

Oh is that the same lead singer who was gushing over Morrissey on Later With Jools Holland a few months ago - even dedicating one of the songs to him - but Morrissey blanked him when he came over and tried to talk to him? I'm sure Morrissey's heartbroken that he doesn't like him anymore, since Morrissey was so enthralled by him when they met in the flesh -- NOT!! :rolleyes:

The National is a rubbish band for boring people.

Yes yes, that same lead singer who used to gush over Morrissey is now denouncing him (perhaps something to do with Morrissey's right wing assholery?) But you’re right, The National's output over the last decade can’t match the greatness of Morrissey’s… I mean stuff like Pink Rabbits ain’t no Kiss Me A Lot.

Also, you are the Holocaust denier from the politics thread. Bye!

So basically what you are saying is he's bending the rules for the touring crew !
Despite the fact that in the past he has made the Glasgow audience go on full vegan menu ? :rolleyes:
There is a BIG difference between Vegan and Vegetarian, you can't have it both ways, he's NOT a vegan. Look at the rider, page 2 line 2.
Me and BrummieBoy have outed him for being a lying Crank so many times :thumb:.
Steve even outed himself online wearing Wool and £Cashmere FFS ! :tiphat:

He's a gay, racist, crank, who has lost touch with reality and can't write a song for a glass of horse piss.

Legacy 4ckd good n proper :clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

"Oooo shut that door ! " :laughing:
I’m simply saying a rider isn’t hard proof he’s either this nor that. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying we can’t know for sure. And yes it’s a bit suspicious that he might bend the rules for the crew and/or band members. But to be fair, a lot of shows have only been vegetarian - even the upcoming Manchester show, right?

But what has being gay to do with anything? And I doubt, with all due respect, that you and that loudmouthed lout from Birmingham have any power or capacity to “out” Moz in any way at all. This is So-Low, not Newsweek.

Seeing that the Jacksons contain nothing but members of the Jackson 5, and that For Britain and Britain First contain completely different and distinct individuals I am hereby authorized to inform you that, once again, you make 0 sense.:rolleyes:
Not true. The Jacksons were Mike, Marlon, Tito, Jackie and Randy. Jermaine wasn't part of their original line up (although he did join them in the mid 80's and was a founding member of the J5). What’s right is right! And i’m sure there are as subtle differences between the two parties.

Last edited:
Oh you. I hope you're getting some fresh air. I did. Went out, played in the park and got some delicious ice cream. I know they make vegan ice cream. Go get some. It's good for the soul. Do something good for yours.

Don’t be silly, he can’t go anywhere without his mummy.

Wow. Interesting development. Could get messy if that snowballs.

The Trouble With Morrissey

In recent days, months and years, the words and opinions of Morrissey have become harder and harder to stomach. Whether you first heard his thoughts on the Norway massacre, where he compared the death of 97 to KFC and McDonald’s like we did, or to something all the more recent. It’s clear that his statements have been making heads turn.

In recent headlines, Morrissey has been in the news when he discussed accusations of racism and alleged connections between Halal meat and ISIS. He also referred to Hitler as ‘left wing’ and said that London Mayor Sadiq Khan “can not talk properly”.

Only recently, Morrissey condoned the treatment of Tommy Robinson, who was sentenced to 13 months in prison after a broadcast on Facebook which went viral, and contempt of the courts.

Whilst everyone here at RetroHQ knows and considers Morrissey’s music with The Smiths to be considered timeless and iconic, we feel that it is no longer a priority to stock or deal with Morrissey’s solo work. This means that we will no longer be sending out any Morrissey solo LP’s or cassettes to our subscribers.

We feel that this boycott is not only necessary, but serves as a way to preserve our stance and values, against a man who seems to be becoming more and more outspoken as time goes on.

https://theretro.co.uk/the-trouble-with-morrissey/

13d112a10820a5369650bc4db709f0c8

The Trouble With Morrissey

In recent days, months and years, the words and opinions of Morrissey have become harder and harder to stomach. Whether you first heard his thoughts on the Norway massacre, where he compared the death of 97 to KFC and McDonald’s like we did, or to something all the more recent. It’s clear that his statements have been making heads turn.

In recent headlines, Morrissey has been in the news when he discussed accusations of racism and alleged connections between Halal meat and ISIS. He also referred to Hitler as ‘left wing’ and said that London Mayor Sadiq Khan “can not talk properly”.

Only recently, Morrissey condoned the treatment of Tommy Robinson, who was sentenced to 13 months in prison after a broadcast on Facebook which went viral, and contempt of the courts.

Whilst everyone here at RetroHQ knows and considers Morrissey’s music with The Smiths to be considered timeless and iconic, we feel that it is no longer a priority to stock or deal with Morrissey’s solo work. This means that we will no longer be sending out any Morrissey solo LP’s or cassettes to our subscribers.

We feel that this boycott is not only necessary, but serves as a way to preserve our stance and values, against a man who seems to be becoming more and more outspoken as time goes on.

https://theretro.co.uk/the-trouble-with-morrissey/

Apparently they don't know what "condoned" means.

Despite me condemning many of Moz"s views he's entitled to have them. This recent thing with record shops refusing to stock his music is a tad OTT. It plays into.the arguement of freedom of speech
Before long his music will be only available on the dark web and only cows and pigs can buy it.

They're lucky most artists keep their mouths shut for fear of being demonised by the radical left, otherwise they'd have a lot less stock. I've never heard of this store but I'll make a note not to bother buying anything from them if this is their attitude. I find it unbelievable anyone can find anything controversial in that interview. This is some Orwellian nightmare.

Last edited:
Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom