This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
back on the road with a lengthly world tour?

back on the road with a lengthly world tour?

Yes very lengthy with shows in Brasil, Argentina and Chile, and several other stops.
Dates in the USA will also take place, most likely in Orlando, Atlanta and Miami.:thumb:

Brilliant!!! Maybe it's a relative of jonny riggers. If he keeps making up sicophant style interviews can we get him sectioned under the mental health act.
Does Fiona Dodwell even exist or is it nephew Sammy in disguise. I mean, she's read List of the Lost 3 times....!! Does such a person exist?

Having read the interview from beginning to end I can say I love it, it's one of the best Morrissey's interviews I've read. I would add you can notice the quality of the output when the person who writes an article is a good writer and has intellectual independence. I guess that's one of the advantages of being a freelance writer. Congratulations Fiona Dodwell.

calm down!

Ironically this actually makes morrisseys comments about the use of the word racist being a hollow accusation ring true. He doesn’t know Gordy or his thoughts and actions about people of a different race but will call him racist because he likes morrisseys music

Morrissey and Marr both on tour in the UK - who needs Classically Smiths?:popcorn:

I see this as a career progression. The only people left who like him are racist scumbags. Maybe he's finally reached his target audience when it actually doesn't matter anymore.

All you who are left admiring him- you're welcome to this racist shell of a has-been.

So because I and others like an artist who has and still does provide us with such joy we are racists??

You are the biggest fascist around Skinny, anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong....that's how Hitler started.

Try living in the real world instead of your deluded righteous shell.

MSR

Having read the interview from beginning to end I can say I love it, it's one of the best Morrissey's interviews I've read. I would add you can notice the quality of the output when the person who writes an article is a good writer and has intellectual independence. I guess that's one of the advantages of being a freelance writer. Congratulations Fiona Dodwell.

f*** Morrissey,

714lDZ2vGoL._UL1500_.jpg

It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic. The album is so full of life, and worthy questions, and great choruses, and quite playful. It's a very underrated catalogue, but perhaps everyone feels this way about their own songs.
agreed, i listened to it a couple of days ago and find it amazing how the songs adjust to each new situation like season, day, mood, etc and thus can emit a completely different light or appear in a different shape, so, yes, they are very much alive for me.

Would really love to see a video of the process of one of Moz's songs being recorded.
Sounds like he sings to a basic track and then they fill music around it.
Johnny just had that video were he said all those extra guitar parts on Smiths records were filled in after Moz would drop a vocal.
I'm tellin' ya, this stuff is a real key to why Moz has a unique style.

I was thinking the very same thing. Most songs are written and then the lyrics are laid on top, or the the lyrics are written with the music created underneath, but it seems that Moz doesn't do anything the easy way, but what a challenge it must have been for Johnny to fill the lyrical voids. I am sure as intelligent as he is it must have been enriching and rewarding to create what to us seems seamless.

Freedom to have ideas is one thing but to be encouraging people to vote for a party that consists of a policy of hatred and comprising of holocaust deniers is not a freedom that is acceptable.

What's shaming for some people it's pride for others. People can agree or not with Morrissey ideas, but he shouldn't be insulted or bullied just for expressing them during an interview. If we had to make a hateful statement every time we listen or read someone who thinks differently from us, we should be insulting people 24/7, and that is not healthy. Besides, why do some people show their annoy for what they say it's a huge change in Morrissey's views? First, I'm not so sure he changed at all, maybe a little with respect to some matters. That's how people grow up. Second, do you really think he should ask for your permission if he changes his opinions about different matters? Did you buy his soul and his mind when you bought his albums and his tickets? Of course not. Let the man express himself and be the person he wants to be, not the person you imagine he should be. He doesn't owe you anything.

Dear God, where to start. Here are my thoughts, sidestepping the politics since others have pretty well exhausted it.

1. Fiona Dodwell is a nauseating sycophant
2. He really isn't vegan. But he's pulling the 'humasexual' stunt to try and muddy the waters ('I'm not anything, I'm just me')
3. The ego has detached from the mother ship and has a trajectory all of its own - 'The live concerts are magnificent'; 'It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic'
4. Now we know why the songs have got so shit - 'A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record'
5. 'My album World Peace was dropped after 10 days because it was too political' - er, no, it was because it was shite and you fell out with Harvest
6. He's got really, really boring and repetitive: modern music all sounds the same/nobody in popular music has anything to say/nobody will play my records, ever... blah blah blah, rinse and repeat

I've said it previously but I think we're looking at a man unravelling.

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info
Back
Top Bottom