This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many more interviews does he have to give, before you Islamic f***tards give up the ghost and find a new idol? I googled Islamist twat and here are a couple of suggesions:

images

images

Now goodbye, no need for the lot of you to darken our existence.:thumb:

Sigh.

His descent into public self-destruction would almost be admirable if it were not founded on such bollocks.
The ‘Tommy’ quote is particularly hurtful, as is the ‘Anne Marie is a humane Thatcher’ tripe, but its just plain stupid with Morrissey seems to have swallowed the propaganda that ‘Tommy’ is a working class robin hood against the evils of the middle east, which is definitely not.

This however, has always been the problem with Morrissey, he on the outside seems political and seems to strive towards a truth no matter what controversy awaits him (which is somewhat admirable) but actually, like many of us, doesent really have a clue what he is on about a lot of the time.

Whilst I agree that he has the right to present his own political ideals, he must surely be aware how it is killing his core fanbase, which has always been something to marvel at. What happens when there is nobody left?
Hopefully he will get a shock at the gigs next month, though I will still be there at the Castlefield Bowl, I dread the mid-song patter, fearing which diminishing opinion will rear its ugly head.

And the whole ‘we just turn up and press record...’ if that truly is the case (i call bollocks again) then its a wonder that ‘Life Is A Pigsty’ ‘Isreal’ ‘One Of Our Own’ and ‘Mountjoy’ ever made it at all! But like i said...bollocks.

There are people left in his fanbase, twats like Thewlis, Reelfountain and Vegan.Cro.

He really is a disgusting human being. If I even tried to imagine myself saying this ten years ago, there is actually no way... You ‘For Britain’ freaks can have him! He has lost it, and I certainly don’t want to being one of the desperate old-timers sticking around, clinging to the shit he is churning out on albums and in interviews.

Well did he ever say he was vegan or did fans just think he was. A lot of people don’t fall in between vegan and veggie, it’s not that unusual. The shows I attended were good and people had a good time and of course he loves his own work and has trouble choosing between them. He even admitted to probably having some bias. Apparently he’s always worked and recorded this way so I don’t think it has to much to do with why you don’t like the songs. True about harvest but I loved world peace. It’s extremely true about top forty music being very bland and interchangeable. More so than ever. Also the comments about how things chart has a lot of truth to it

Personally I couldn't give a rat's arse what he eats but since he's made a career out of being so sanctimonious, I think the hypocrisy deserves to be pointed out.

You don't love the way Islam is taking over your country? You must be mad!

My post was about Masters and Johnson asking him about his sexuality. I love all people regardless of religious belief, or their lineage. Good and bad is not black and white or yellow and brown it is in fact not a color at all. My judgement of people is color blind, actions speak louder than words, and certainly more than colors, and even louder than bombs.

why is it when theres an interview theres a new influx of people on here,HIPPIE,INNES,MUSICIAN.would love to see how many posts they have between them.

I post very rarely because I'm not interested and above the usual hysteria, the non-stop "racist/c***" from one side and blind Moz fans on the other side. Simple.

3. The ego has detached from the mother ship and has a trajectory all of its own - 'The live concerts are magnificent'; 'It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic'

I don't really understand your problem with these statements. So you accuse someone of having a big ego because he thinks that many (not all) of the 200+ songs he wrote are fantastic? Most fans would say that. And, you know, it's a stretch, but maybe the live concerts really ARE magnificent ... for Morrissey. It's subjective. Just because SOME people think they are shit, doesn't mean that Moz dislikes them.

I don't really understand your problem with these statements. So you accuse someone of having a big ego because he thinks that many (not all) of the 200+ songs he wrote are fantastic? Most fans would say that. And, you know, it's a stretch, but maybe the live concerts really ARE magnificent ... for Morrissey. It's subjective. Just because SOME people think they are shit, doesn't mean that Moz dislikes them.
It is not generally how artists speak about their own work, since it indicates either a) raging ego, which is quite distasteful, or b) a lack of objectivity.
I would also add that I don't think it's for any artist to decide their own genius - that can only be decided by others, since it's their reaction to the work which determines its place in history. This is true of any art.

I post very rarely because I'm not interested and above the usual hysteria, the non-stop "racist/c***" from one side and blind Moz fans on the other side. Simple.
fair point mr Switzerland nothing wrong with that.

And a couple of 100,000 others, thank you very much.
What music do you like exactly? You don't come accross as someone who enjoys anything at all very much I must say.

If there are a couple of 100,000 others, they should pull their fingers out and buy a copy of his last album.

My post was about Masters and Johnson asking him about his sexuality. I love all people regardless of religious belief, or their lineage. Good and bad is not black and white or yellow and brown it is in fact not a color at all. My judgement of people is color blind, actions speak louder than words, and certainly more than colors, and even louder than bombs.

Right you LOUUURVEE ALL PEOPLE LOL:rolleyes:
Except the bunch you been harangue the mod to be banned. Anyone that doesnt kiss up to you as being
the end all. LOL this has to be THE post of the millenium.
:rofl:

Dear God, where to start. Here are my thoughts, sidestepping the politics since others have pretty well exhausted it.

1. Fiona Dodwell is a nauseating sycophant
2. He really isn't vegan. But he's pulling the 'humasexual' stunt to try and muddy the waters ('I'm not anything, I'm just me')
3. The ego has detached from the mother ship and has a trajectory all of its own - 'The live concerts are magnificent'; 'It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic'
4. Now we know why the songs have got so shit - 'A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record'
5. 'My album World Peace was dropped after 10 days because it was too political' - er, no, it was because it was shite and you fell out with Harvest
6. He's got really, really boring and repetitive: modern music all sounds the same/nobody in popular music has anything to say/nobody will play my records, ever... blah blah blah, rinse and repeat

I've said it previously but I think we're looking at a man unravelling.

Pep, G23 and Evennow= The Golden Twat Girlso_O

Always dissing all of humanity while they spend all day in bed while on assistance.doh:

It is not generally how artists speak about their own work, since it indicates either a) raging ego, which is quite distasteful, or b) a lack of objectivity.
I would also add that I don't think it's for any artist to decide their own genius - that can only be decided by others, since it's their reaction to the work which determines its place in history. This is true of any art.

Only others can decide about me? WTF are you on calcium?:crazy:

THIS IS TRUE OF ANY ART!!!!!!:swear:swear

I AM THE GHOST OF ANDRE MALRAUX:swear:swear

DONT BELIEVE ME???? HOW DARE YOU????

LOL some nutty peeps on this forum!

I SPEAK ON BEHALF OF ALL ART:swear:swear

Why would you even make music or art if you don't feel that the art you make is fantastic?

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom