"This Charming Man" cover by Two Minutes To Late Night

Watch David Wain Play A Punk Cover Of The Smiths’ “This Charming Man” With Members Of Thursday, My Chemical Romance, & PUP

Or don't if you prefer.
Regards,
FWD.

Watch David Wain Play A Punk Cover Of The Smiths’ “This Charming Man” With Members Of Thursday, My Chemical Romance, & PUP

Or don't if you prefer.
Regards,
FWD.

He lost me at 'Morrissey is bad'.

Or don't if you prefer.
Regards,
FWD.

This is better than the Moz version!

I think this is what Morrissey thinks his band's version sounds like. A boy can dream.

I actually hate when this channel covers songs that are dear and near to my heart because they do it just for clicks while their Gen Z fanbase shits all over the original artist and go on about how "tHiS VeRsIoN iS bEtTer". I know its a silly thing to be annoyed by, but it doesn't change that I am.

Its also quite astonishing to me how much denouncing Morrissey has become a badge of righteous wokeness. I'd never go through with covering a song by an artist I truly felt is a bad person, so I found there Moz bad Marr good message to be pandering patheticness in an attempt to not catch heat.

I was excited to hear this, but turned it off as soon as I saw the woke ass-covering "Morrissey is bad, Johnny Marr is good" disclaimer. It's pathetic and exhausting to see this shit every time there is any public acknowledgment of The Smiths or Morrissey in mainstream media/entertainment.

All the vocal melodies and of course the lyrics of the Smiths are Morrissey not to mention the icon record sleeves and on and on. Not sure what they mean by saying Morrissey is bad they should have just played the guitar part and left Morrissey completely out of it if this is they way the feel. Michael Jackson (a grown man) can sleep with children and he is the so called "King of Pop" and Morrissey wears a lapel (maybe not such a great idea) and advocates for jolly old England, but my gosh does this really warrant such an overreaction by even his old mate who sorta threw him under the bus? He is not a pedophile for gods sake just a rather old fashion chap who dearly loves his homeland as it once was and is no more.

I actually hate when this channel covers songs that are dear and near to my heart because they do it just for clicks while their Gen Z fanbase shits all over the original artist and go on about how "tHiS VeRsIoN iS bEtTer". I know its a silly thing to be annoyed by, but it doesn't change that I am.

Its also quite astonishing to me how much denouncing Morrissey has become a badge of righteous wokeness. I'd never go through with covering a song by an artist I truly felt is a bad person, so I found there Moz bad Marr good message to be pandering patheticness in an attempt to not catch heat.
EXACTLY

I might of pressed play if it didn’t look so unattractive.

If Morrissey is so bad why not cover The Draize Train or Money Changes Everything?

Why not cover one of J0hnny Marr's solo songs or something from The The and say "Morrissey Bad!" in those videos?

Because, if you took Morrissey out of the song you'd lose clicks/views. They NEED Morrissey to make their point.

This is awful - Morrissey would love it. Were it not for the fact that "Morrissey is a problem!!!" flashes up on screen. I guess these days any band has to publically denounce Morrissey, otherwise they'd immediately get cancelled by the Twitter hive mind. He's up there with JK Rowling in terms of being a mass hate figure.

Or don't if you prefer.
Regards,
FWD.

Ahaaa I saw two or three days ago because they sent it to me. Thank you and thank you for the video of Moz's documentary touring the south that I loved!!!. And I find adorable the photo that you are using Moz with his fist closed and his mouthful mouth jaaa.;) Bocazaaa!!!!

If so!!, what happens is that Moz is too good, that's why thousands of videos of his songs swarm, of all kinds, of quite acceptable people and total mediocre!!! How great is Moz please God:ROFLMAO:

All the vocal melodies and of course the lyrics of the Smiths are Morrissey not to mention the icon record sleeves and on and on. Not sure what they mean by saying Morrissey is bad they should have just played the guitar part and left Morrissey completely out of it if this is they way the feel. Michael Jackson (a grown man) can sleep with children and he is the so called "King of Pop" and Morrissey wears a lapel (maybe not such a great idea) and advocates for jolly old England, but my gosh does this really warrant such an overreaction by even his old mate who sorta threw him under the bus? He is not a pedophile for gods sake just a rather old fashion chap who dearly loves his homeland as it once was and is no more.
Well said!!. But don't get bitter!! It's all cheap politicking!! It's a matter of hitting Moz even though they know Morrissey is great! It's so big that there's an abysmal contrast between the songs of the real artist: Morrissey and the people who cover Moz. The video is unpleasant for my taste.those who could not see it because of the disgust it produces to be told that Moz is bad and Marr is good, they did not miss anything!!!!!

Well it doesn't sound very punk at all and the "Morrissey is bad. Johnny Marr is good." disclaimer is the antithesis of punk. Morrissey says what he thinks and couldn't give a toss what people think of him. Meanwhile Marr has sweet fuk all to say other than pandering to woke BS. Is this upside down punk world or what?

Well it doesn't sound very punk at all and the "Morrissey is bad. Johnny Marr is good." disclaimer is the antithesis of punk. Morrissey says what he thinks and couldn't give a toss what people think of him. Meanwhile Marr has sweet fuk all to say other than pandering to woke BS. Is this upside down punk world or what?
For sure, it reads like a being held hostage sign.

No, it's not upside down... it's simply DEAD. :ROFLMAO:

"And all you dirty druggies
Chicken shit, Sad Sacks
Rewriting history
Tampering in my story
Standing in my shadow
But still so pale, so shallow

Mother Nature's kind regards
Balancing the house of cards
Assuming and consuming
Of the peg commodities"

A great lullaby that put me to bed. Thanks for all the help, "David Wain".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom