Morrissey Central "THIS CHARMING LIFE" (February 9, 2023)

full

Burt Bacharach, RIP

He mentioned Burt Bacharach in this interview back in 2017...

Q: Is there a song in the history of music that you wish you had written?
A: Many! There is a Bacharach-David song called "Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets," which is quite a mouthful and pacy yet tender, and is obviously about the agony of almost. But really, this question is so difficult because there's probably 700 songs that I'd wish I'd written. My main interest in life is the construction of the song.

Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forget - Youtube

Morrissey ended up recording it for California Son within a year of the interview:
Morrissey's version of Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forget

QUOTE SOURCE

A: Many! There is a Bacharach-David song called "Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets," which is quite a mouthful and pacy yet tender, and is obviously about the agony of almost. But really, this question is so difficult because there's probably 700 songs that I'd wish I'd written. My main interest in life is the construction of the song.

QUOTE SOURCE
I remember this quote quite well!

He always picks what seems like rare, unique photos of people. I think it's really nice he does this.

Rest In Peace.

Burt Bacharach's contribution to music is truly awesome and I have always loved his songs. Far too many to pick a favourite, but this clip illustrates a charming life quite well I think.

musically not for me but still sad nonetheless,sad when anyone dies because everyone has some sort of family.

Passing away at 94 quietly in your sleep. Not a bad way to go. What a career of song writing. What a life. RIP.

Screenshot_20230209-210713.png

Burt was one of the greatest composers of all time. Morrissey did a fantastic version of "Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets", but Johnny Marr has also covered a Burt tune...

Morrissey ended up recording it for California Son within a year of the interview:
Morrissey's version of Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forget

QUOTE SOURCE
he also offered this song as a potential duet with Siouxsie Sioux back in 1994!

an excerpt from Autobiography:

“I do not know Siouxsie, but I ask around to see if she would have any interest in duetting with me. Her manager responds, and I send her four covers to choose from, being Happy (Nancy Sinatra), Loneliness remembers what happiness forgets (Dionne Warwick), Interlude (Timi Yuro) and Morning starship (Jobriath). I call Siouxsie at her home in Condom in France, and each time she recognizes my voice there comes a small, impatient sigh as if I’d just interrupted her evening prayer. ’Can’t we do something off Ziggy Stardust, like The prettiest star?’ she suggests. 'The prettiest star wasn’t on Ziggy Stardust,

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom