Things I Was Promised that Never Happened = WTF?

Buzzetta

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Things that they said would happen that never really happened.
  • 1984 - Totalitarian State makes the clocks strike 13. My watch still says 12.
  • 1996 - Aliens invade Earth - Will Smith was supposed to kick their asses. WTF?
  • 1990's - Eugenics War - KHAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!
  • 200X - According to the Jetsons Movie it takes place at the turn of the century. Where the hell is my flying car?
  • 2001 - Hal 9000 was supposed to explore a signal sent to Jupiter
  • 2005 - Unicron the Planet Eater was supposed to try to take over the Universe- at least that's what Transformers the Movie told me back when I was 11.

Things that have yet to happen
  • 2009 (May) - Giant Monster eats NY (Cloverfield - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2009 (Fall)- Vampire virus (I Am Legend - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2010 - Jupiter becomes a star (2010)
  • 2011 - Judgement Day occurs (According to Sarah Connor - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2012 - December 22nd - Aliens invade the Earth (X-Files - Hopefully I am still away)
  • 2013 - The X-Men try to overthrow the Sentinels and Kurt Russell tries to Escape from L.A. THAT I want to see.

What am I missing?

I thought I'd never prefer tea and crumpets to sex but it happened.:(

Things that they said would happen that never really happened.
  • 1984 - Totalitarian State makes the clocks strike 13. My watch still says 12.
  • 1996 - Aliens invade Earth - Will Smith was supposed to kick their asses. WTF?
  • 1990's - Eugenics War - KHAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!
  • 200X - According to the Jetsons Movie it takes place at the turn of the century. Where the hell is my flying car?
  • 2001 - Hal 9000 was supposed to explore a signal sent to Jupiter
  • 2005 - Unicron the Planet Eater was supposed to try to take over the Universe- at least that's what Transformers the Movie told me back when I was 11.

Things that have yet to happen
  • 2009 (May) - Giant Monster eats NY (Cloverfield - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2009 (Fall)- Vampire virus (I Am Legend - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2010 - Jupiter becomes a star (2010)
  • 2011 - Judgement Day occurs (According to Sarah Connor - Hopefully I am away)
  • 2012 - December 22nd - Aliens invade the Earth (X-Files - Hopefully I am still away)
  • 2013 - The X-Men try to overthrow the Sentinels and Kurt Russell tries to Escape from L.A. THAT I want to see.

What am I missing?

Apparently, you've missed THIS radio program... :D
I love listening to it at night.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/07/25.html

OMG,i used to love to listen to coast to coast,i recall one time driving from nyc to boston around midnight to one in the morning and the whole i had it on and they had a 4 hour conversation about chupacabras,it was great.

Ha! I listen to it almost everynight...in the middle of the night, it all seems so much more believable than if casually listened to during the day. A few weeks ago, I woke up and was certain that Bobby Kennedy had been elected President in a parallel world. :confused:

Last night, it was about "mythical" lands and creatures. ;)

Harry Shearer is on tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom