Things about you Morrissey would disapprove...

1. If he adores and respects his fans so much, why does he play for an hour and 15 minutes most nights and then refuse to do an encore on some occasions. The 23rd was an exception to this, I was impressed that he actually put in a decent length set and put a lot into the performances, fair play, but he should really have done that throughout the whole tour, not just on the last night, it just shows him up as being nd complacent.

2. I'm not upset by his opinions, I'm simply saying that he comes across, to me personally, as bit of a cock at times. It's bound to happen if you spend your life seperated from society, but a 47 year old man having a bicker about a TV chef is a bit embarassing when you think about it. It was a cheap laugh, I have no problem with anybody having a go at somebody publicly, but it just came across as a bit petty and childish. Plus he didn't mention why he has such a problem with him, it's almost as if he was just picking on someone to rub his own ego.

3. I'm just airing my opinion, I wouldn't stop anybody airing theirs, I'm just saying that when he comes out with certain things, I think he sounds like a tit. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think I sound like a tit (they're wrong, but that doesn't really matter). That's ok, as long as we can all air opinions openly and in peace, then it's all gravy. Baby.

232338~Bill-Cosby-Posters.jpg

1. According to Morrissey, his voice can't hold for that long. I really don't think it's from being lazy or just to f*** over his fans. His shows have always been this short.

2. I agree. though it is funny at times. He does what everyone from Manchester do...bitch.

CharethCutestory,

I think his shows are a suitable length and he did an encore at Wembley as well, so he doesn’t just do it at Manchester. There could be several reasons why Morrissey does not do encores at some of his performances. His voice might go towards the end, he could be unwell or he could be annoyed by the lack of atmosphere at certain performances. Morrissey is no different from any other artist, they get their energy from the crowd and if the crowd aren’t giving him enough energy naturally he will choose not to do one. I think he should encores at every gig, but sometimes he doesn’t. It could be worse, he could not turn up to his gigs, he could cancel at the last minute or even tour less, so he does a lot for his fans, your criticism of him for this unjust, naturally all fans of an artist want to see them play often and so forth but this isn’t always possible. Try being a Babyshambles fan (if you’re not) now that’s frustrating. I was supposed to go to one of their freebie gigs things in Shepard’s Bush and it was cancelled because Pete got arrested. I think his performances are a good length of time; you don’t want a performance to drag on and on. Most artists have several support acts before hand, which is deeply irritating, Morrissey has one and then he comes on, which is nice. You’re also forgetting he is middle aged, he’s not a spring chicken who cans performance for hours on end anymore, I’d imagine performing does tire you out, so be reasonable. You should feel pleased you got the chance to see him in his hometown; I would have bitten off your hand to have gone.

I would have to agree Morrissey does come across at times an arse, but doesn’t everyone? His opinions aren’t going to be liked by everyone, that’s life. Your comment has made me laugh, why does everyone get this view that Morrissey sits in a cold, dark room reading Oscar Wilde, only venturing out to get basics like milk and bread? I find it quite amusing, Morrissey might not be the most social or outgoing musician, but from what his two nephews said he isn’t a recluse. There are many celebrities who have had slanging matches at one another, most notably would be Charlotte Church and some old singer, Shirley something or another. Jamie Oliver is no saint, parading around in a fat suit picking food up off the floor is far worse and insulting then a lot of Morrissey’s comments.

I know you’re airing your view and I am glad for it, it’s been a good discussion, I agree with you at times Morrissey does come across as a twat, I’ve never said he doesn’t, but whilst I respect your views, you do sound as though you dislike Morrissey, you’ve slated him a few times from what I’ve seen, you don’t sound as if you are a Morrissey fan.

Thank you for agreeing!
He is not very tall. I had the chance to stand in the front rows during three concerts so I think he´s about (max.) 5'9''ft./175cm tall. And he has very, very short legs. (Although this is very cute)

:confused:

So Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke are midgets, and most people Morrissey has ever played with & worked with are just about 170, maximum 175 cm tall??! How did he manage to expand his legs and look tall on the photos and in videos? How does he always look taller than the people he's photographed with? :confused:

Morrissey is about 6'. Maybe 5'11", but certainly no less than that, and he certainly doesn't seem to have short legs. The only thing that could make you think his legs are 'short' is the fact that he has a big head.

What a weird thread. The idea that Morrissey should 'approve' this or that about any of us is very funny in itself, but I found most of the answers stranger than I expected.

I'll start:

I gave up meat about two years ago. But I do miss a good steak from time to time. I really do.

I enjoy silly music (at least when I'm drunk).

I just don't get what's so special about the New York Dolls.

I'd love to have sex with him.
What makes you think he'd disapprove of that?! I think he feels very glad whenever he learns that people find him sexy.

I'm fond of Robert Smith.
He has said he has nothing against Robert Smith.

Meat eaters don't bother me. I'll sit at the same table with them and not lecture them.
I haven't purchased a Kristeen Young album.
Nor have I purchased a NY Dolls album.
I have a leather jacket and shoes
I think that there actually IS good music currently being made by The Killers and Rufus Wainwright and Belle and Sebastian..
So does he, he included a Killers song on "Songs To Save Your Life" compilation.
I'm going into the legal profession
You might end up as his lawyer in another court case or if FBI/police decides to bother him again.

I would force him to see some good films, listen to some good music and read some good books that are not ages old and I'd force himto agree that not everything produced these days is rubbish.
If he believes anything produced these days is rubbish, why does/did he like The Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, etc. ... and did anyone force him to watch Walk On Water (I saw it a couple of weeks ago, BTW... I loved it).

1. I smoke cigarettes, but
2. I do NOT drink
3. I listen to strange music (I'm too ashamed to tell which kind of music)
4. I like sex
5. I am certainly taller than he is (But who is not?)
6. I have a tough business job in the so called "finance and legal"-sector and I AM indeed proud of that
7. I am neither Linder nor Nancy nor Kristeen
I don't see why he would disapprove of any of those things, except smoking.

And the answer to question 5 would be: most women and certainly over 50% of men, especially those his age. As far as I know, the average human height is NOT 190 cm. Yet. Maybe it will be in 100 years or so.

I eat meat.
I do not read as much as I should.
I totally love to gorge myself on magazines like Heat from time to time.
I have sex.
I don't get the New York Dolls thing.
I swear quite a lot.
What makes you think that he would disapprove either of these things? I especially don't get why so many of you say he would disapprove of you having sex?!

1. I worked for McDonalds for 3 years and I enjoyed it
2. I still eat meat and I enjoy it, but only organic, well looked after, happy meat
3. I am overly opinionated
So is he, and he says he likes people similar to himself, and that the thing he most admires in a person is courage to challenge authorities and stand by their beliefs.

I think he's probably be OK with everything else you've collectively mentioned as well, apart from eating meat. It's not like you have to have the same opinions on everything with someone in order to be friends with them?

I realize most of this was probably tongue-in-cheek, but it still seems like many of you have some rather stereotypical views of Morrissey. Well, at least nobody said "I am a happy and cheerful person, he would disapprove of that". :rolleyes:

Thanks Morrissey for permitting some of us to qualify in your affability test. When is the next single out by the way? Five from the same LP could be pushing it!

Oh you wouldn't like me. I only do the dishes when I can be bothered. Although I'd never let the sink area get THAT cluttered. Believe

Thanks Morrissey for permitting some of us to qualify in your affability test. When is the next single out by the way? Five from the same LP could be pushing it!

Oh you wouldn't like me. I only do the dishes when I can be bothered. Although I'd never let the sink area get THAT cluttered. Believe
Morrissey has made an affability test?! Where is it?? :p :rolleyes:

This thread is funny. You all start listing what you imagine Morrissey might dislike about you. With nothing to back it up really.

Then you get angry at him for fictionally disapproving of you and start telling him to f*** off. :D

:confused:

So Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke are midgets, and most people Morrissey has ever played with & worked with are just about 170, maximum 175 cm tall??! QUOTE]

You're right, Nightandday, Morrissey is around 6 feet from all I've read about him..not short at all.
However, I'd like to say I recently had the extreme pleasure of meeting Johnny Marr :)D !!) and he's tiny (still)! Slight build and I'd estimate the same height or even a fraction shorter than me, and I'm only just over 170cm.

What a weird thread. The idea that Morrissey should 'approve' this or that about any of us is very funny in itself, but I found most of the answers stranger than I expected.

Well, I started this whole thing (and no: I was not being serious) so I can't complain :D But I just wanted to say that my "I'd love to have sex with him" was of course somewhat facetious. My "serious" opinion on this vitally important subject ;) would be that Mozza would be extremely flattered and embarrassed at the same time. Flattered because... well, who wouldn't be? And embarrassed because it's in fact a bit callow - wanting to have sex with a popstar and all that. But I don't care too much about his opinions on such shit anyway. I love his music, I think he's a great artist, I like the fact that he's incredibly funny and smart, I listen to what he has to say... but when I'm thinking of, errm, well the Mozza-sex-issue the last thing that comes to my mind is what he'd have to say. It's my business really if you know what I mean :o

I realize most of this was probably tongue-in-cheek, but it still seems like many of you have some rather stereotypical views of Morrissey. Well, at least nobody said "I am a happy and cheerful person, he would disapprove of that". :rolleyes:

I forgot to add that I think it's those stereotypical views that make this thread so funny. Because as you said most of us were tongue-in-cheek so what we're creating here is basically a kind of persiflage or parody. We're either making fun of Morrissey, of ourselves or of people, who don't know nothing about Mozza but think they know ("music to slash your wrists to" and stuff). I think that's very nonchalant and cute :)

My not being a vegetarian and my wearing leather shoes... I just don't wear leather jackets anymore because my home got burglarized 6 months ago and the thiefs stole all of them I had... sobs! But I don't think I'm buying any again... because of Morrissey :D

Also, my liking some mainstream songs or TV programs from time to time. Guilty pleasures, they call it.

My wanting to possess him in body, mind and soul :p

Morrissey would never disapprove of me, because he'll never meet me. He'll never meet me because I don't want to meet him.

Actually, if I think about it... I really don't think that he would have anything to disapprove about me. I don't eat meat and try to avoid animal tested products, I'm also trying to become vegan. Since it's suspected he's asexual, I doubt he would disapprove of my sexuality, for I am asexual. All that I've read about him, quotes I've read about him, and all the lyrics I've understood really makes me doubt that he'd disapprove of anything about me.

And I'm also a New York Dolls fan, and I there's a possibility I'll be meeting one of them, so I really doubt he'd have problems with any of my ways.

Back
Top Bottom