There Speaks a True Friend

motorways

i was just listening to the 'You're the one for Me, Fatty' single on my iTunes. and and it sounded like "there speaks a true friends" cuts off. i re-imported the CD and it still does it.
is everyone else's version of this song 2:20? or is my CD flawed?

photo-30.jpg

There is only one version of this song. Your cd is correct.
And the 12" has the same exact version. As well as the cassette.

I have an mp3 of an "outtake" of this, but I don't know how legit that is.

Your iTunes is looking good there :)

so, 2:20 it is?

how do you get that nice screen capture? like the ones you posted in the other thread? i'm on a mac.

so, 2:20 it is?

how do you get that nice screen capture? like the ones you posted in the other thread? i'm on a mac.

yes, 2:20.

to get a screenshot on a mac:

1) Entire screen: Command+Shift+3. This will immediately save a PNG file of the entire screen on your desktop.

2) Partial screenshot: Command+Shift+4. The mouse pointer will turn into a little cross. Then you select the area on the screen you want.

3) Window screenshot: Command+Shift+4, then hit the space bar. After hitting the space bar you'll see that your pointer will turn into a little camera. Then you just click the window you want to capture.

nice. thanks for all the info!

Picture1.png

No problem!

And by the way, since you like to put stuff in playlists, I recommend you try using "Smart Playlists".

You know the "+" button at the bottom? That creates a new, empty playlist.

If you hold your Option key, that "+" button turns into a little engine icon. If you click it, you should get a window asking about what kind of playlist you want to create.

Then you just create a rule and hit OK.

That way you don't need to select every single album from a certain artist and drag them to a playlist. You can just create a smart playlist that displays: Artist - IS - (name of the artist).

Slow down Tiger, you can't post info like that and get away with it! Any chance of a listen to this MP3 you mention?

Peter

It never crossed my mind that this could have been a mistake. I figured it was Moz driving home the lyrical content; "Oh where would I be, without my friends to help me?"

I worked at a record store at the time of release and some of my co-workers told me a couple of people wanted to return their copies because of the "error".

Slow down Tiger, you can't post info like that and get away with it! Any chance of a listen to this MP3 you mention?

Peter

Sure, I can upload it... but I'm in an airplane right now. But I'll post a link as soon as I have a chance :)

It never crossed my mind that this could have been a mistake. I figured it was Moz driving home the lyrical content; "Oh where would I be, without my friends to help me?"

I worked at a record store at the time of release and some of my co-workers told me a couple of people wanted to return their copies because of the "error".

I am with you here beau, I never thought it was an 'error'.
It was intentionally recorded in this way to make it sound as though the track was cut off.
The song is rounded off nicely with Moz asking "I just can't imagine where I'd be, can you?" and the alleged true friend responding "No"

Witty song with a nice quirky ending.

I took my copy back :crazy:

Mind you, I did the same with The Queen is Dead - Some Girls are Bigger Than Others fades a bit at the begining :lbf:

Dave

ps Thanks to Flax for his itunes tutorials tonight - do you work for Apple?

ps Thanks to Flax for his itunes tutorials tonight - do you work for Apple?

You're welcome :)

As for Apple, no, I don't work for them.
I am just a geek. And I'm a bit obsessed with keeping my music organized. That's pretty much how I started my website. Because I couldn't find high quality images online to put on my iTunes, so I decided to scan them myself. Once I had most of it done, I thought I should share that with everybody and created the website.

It is not a mistake, it was meant that way. I have a few studio outtakes of this song and it drags on another minute or so after that part. There's harmonica in there and it always reminds me of the theme to Sesame Street.

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom