There speaks a true friend - with SesameStreet-style harmonica

Dave2006

Looking over some old threads, I found a conversation about the sudden end of "There Speaks a True Friend"

It took over a discussion about Some Girls are Bigger Than Others... It starts half way down this page and over on to page 2 http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=92990

Sounds like Stephane has a copy, or has heard a copy of the full version of the song - it isn't chopped off, but apparently goes on for another minute with "SesameStreet-style harmonica"

Does anyone have a copy to share? Stephane, are you feeling generous (more generous than usual :) )?

Dave

This would be soooo good.

this is one of my fave moz songs, but i hate that end - horrible. i'd rather have a boring end no matter how bad the quality. Please share!!!! :)

Hmmm ... It's fading out, but it's ending at the exact same point. What is more interesting is the beginning, which is different from the released version (the drumsticks etc.).

Where did you get it?

i don't remember and i don't know its origin. :(

got a feeling that this is fan-made. i remember somrthing on this site saying so a while back.

There was a user here called Qonox who did some quite superb remixes of official releases (about 4 to 5 years ago). The ones I have are:

How Can Anyone Possibly Know How I Feel?
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Black-Eyed Susan
It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
November Spawned a Monster
The Operation
There Speaks A True Friend
You Must Please Remember
Reel Around The Fountain
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

They're all bloody excellent. The version of There Speaks A True Friend does not have the drum stick/tom stuff at the beginning, but it does go on after the normal cut-off point.

Peter

There was a user here called Qonox who did some quite superb remixes of official releases (about 4 to 5 years ago). The ones I have are:

How Can Anyone Possibly Know How I Feel?
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Black-Eyed Susan
It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small
November Spawned a Monster
The Operation
There Speaks A True Friend
You Must Please Remember
Reel Around The Fountain
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

They're all bloody excellent. The version of There Speaks A True Friend does not have the drum stick/tom stuff at the beginning, but it does go on after the normal cut-off point.

Peter

POST 'EM!!!!!!!!

please

By the way, listening to How Can Anyone Possibly...again, I'm struck by how fantastic the guitar line is, and also the sheer anger of the song. It's brilliant.

Peter

What do you make of them? I like I Have Forgiven Jesus and You Must Please Remember. He's chopped and juggled those very well. In my opinion.

Peter

By the way, listening to How Can Anyone Possibly...again, I'm struck by how fantastic the guitar line is, and also the sheer anger of the song. It's brilliant.

Peter

I like them. I don't have a photographic memory when it comes to listening to songs (if you know what I mean) so I couldn't tell you where the changes are in most of the songs...
In "How can anybody know..." when Moz sings "the voices of the real..." It sounds like a different sound effect...but it might just be the lap top I'm litening on.
I've always loved the anger that he sings "I've had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit."
I think the remixer must have taken Some Girls are bigger from the "I started something CD" because of the "on the shop floor calendar" line

But, yes, I like them. Thanks for posting. And to the original remixer :clap:

Now, we just need to prise "There Speaks a True Friend" from Stephane... :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom