There Speaks a True Friend (alternate/full version)

• Thread starter Nobody of importance
  • Start date
I wasn't offering a full list - it would be nice if the person asking the question was to interact with the information and post here.
I'd add to the ones already mentioned that: "Trash" (live Irvine), "That's Entertainment" (live Irvine) on their respective disc have always been mislabelled (and 'official' releases too).
Irvine wasn't played in 1991.
It's highly likely to actually be Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa, June 1, 1991.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for sharing. I always thought this would contain additional lyrics, instead this was probably Morrissey asking for ‘something that sounds like Groovin’ with Mr Bloe’
Still, nice to hear it as nature intended

Nice to hear, but the end with the harmonica adds nothing much. I prefer the original version.

I want to hear some new music. Release Bonfire allready!

These Rhino releases were remastered, correct? I'd like to know what V&I sounded like. The original sounds a little muffled, and the 2014 reissue didn't improve upon it.

Thanks. To truer friends 🥂

Just to point out:
Trust is everything.
That said, this track is 1 minute longer than the cut version and matches the running time for the reference CD Stephane plucked from thin air many moons ago.
Looking at it in Audacity - there's nothing blatant to suggest it's anything other than a studio track.
Regards,
FWD.

Just to point out:
Trust is everything.
That said, this track is 1 minute longer than the cut version and matches the running time for the reference CD Stephane plucked from thin air many moons ago.
Looking at it in Audacity - there's nothing blatant to suggest it's anything other than a studio track.
Regards,
FWD.
Fair enough

Just to point out:
Trust is everything.
Regards,
FWD.
You know FWD is the boss when you (in this case, me) don’t understand a word that was just said but you trust it 100%. Props.

this song brings back memories of being a teenager and discovering all of his rare songs and feeling like i had just stumbled upon a treasure chest full of diamonds. i love you morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom