There Is A Light - The Music Of The Smiths & Morrissey Promo CD Questions

Ann Coates

I wonder if anyone ITK could shed any "light" (no pun intended!) on the above Gatefold promo CD set?

1. Can anyone who has one confirm if their version has any catalogue number/cd matrix details on the cd's themselves?, and

2. Can anyone tell me if their version has a strange 'fluttering' sound that lasts for 17 seconds towards the end of track 11 on 'The Smiths' disc ('Back to the old house').

Just trying to work out if I have a dud.

Many thanks.

1. My CDs say "The Music of the Smiths CD1" and "The Music of Morrissey CD2" in small print on the matrix area of the CD. Each CD also contains a small "IDM" in the same area. Additionally, these seem to be pressed CDs, rather than CDRs.

2. There's definitely a fluttering noise in Track 11: "Back To The Old House", that starts with about a minute left in the track.

Drop me a line if I can be of further assistance.

yes , the cd's are pressed and have the markings as grlmopz descibes them, as for the "fluttering" on one of the tracks, i really dont know if mine has it or not because i dont listen to my promo's. but it's interesting that these little gems have mistakes or non common things on them.

Back
Top Bottom