"There is a Light..." (live Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, August 15, '86) posted on Spotify

40846_thereisalight_live.jpg

Sadly, this has just appeared with no fanfare or (as yet) link on the Official Smiths site.
4 wonderful minutes!
Probably would have been a better idea to release this Monday instead of Take 1. It is presented as part of the box set pre-release promotion - so may appear on the 'memories' site yet.
Available on Deezer & iTunes too
(thanks to GMS, Anon & a friend for the info).
Regards,
FWD.
*not showing on Spotify USA*
From Autobiography:
"Of course, I have always loved the Aragon Ballroom, with its gangster slop of menaced glop. When I first played here many lifetimes ago, I sneaked a peek at the queue – confrontationally all over the street, disrupting traffic, shouting back, unctuous and effusive, and there stood an army of male blond quiffs, tattooed arms and Hatful of Hollow t-shirts. Nothing, now, could hurt me. By contrast, the life of a politician looks hopeless."

Related item:

Last edited:
Listened in Google Play

Link
'Album currently unavailable' - UK. :D
I'm sorry to hear the US Spotify isn't showing it too.
Either this track has been stumbled across prematurely or Smiths HQ is a blundering mess since Monday.
I'm not a betting man, but...
Regards,
FWD.

since I live in my new appartment,groudfloor,....have the same provider,but now using a laptop, while having a spotify acount,or had?,it doesn't direct me to Spotify anymore,the 30 sec. clip was sadly but honoust magic.

Brilliant - someone at Smiths HQ must have spent the past 3 days in bed. Better late than never!

Also - I thought there was a digital glitch for a second at around 1:17 when Moz sings "crashes into us" - but upon further investigation, it's just the incongruous double-bass drum beat that Joyce puts into the choruses that isn't on the record. (you can hear it again around 1:31, 2:47 and 3:01)

I checked the other live recordings I have of the song from 1986 and he does it on every one -with varying degrees of success - just that on this SB recording it's really clear compared to some of the others so I never noticed it before.

Why Mike Why??

Last edited:
since I live in my new appartment,groudfloor,....have the same provider,but now using a laptop, while having a spotify acount,or had?,it doesn't direct me to Spotify anymore,the 30 sec. clip was sadly but honoust magic.

Well over here it does play :grinning:

https://open.spotify.co m/track/0pPgJglDxAOHYOj0nNQGbQ

(broke the link on purpose so it wouldn't get auto-converted to a Spotify media box)

The 'official' Smiths page posted a one minute clip of it (why!?):

Regards,
FWD.

FWD, are you able to post a wma rip to the regular thread at all, following Vicar In A Tutu? Cheers.

FWD, are you able to post a wma rip to the regular thread at all, following Vicar In A Tutu? Cheers.
After much searching...
Our generous benefactor came through!
The only version of this to buy was a .flac version.
I have added a .wma and .wav made by myself and included the .flac for anyone who wants to do it themselves.
So all 3 formats now available in the downloads section.
Regards,
FWD.

A full length version has surfaced on YouTube:

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom