Therapy Group for the Embittered and Disillusioned.

I just heard Sing Your Life on the radio today for the first time in I don't know how long, it was like hearing it for the first time it's been so long...God DAMN that's a good song.

It is indeed. The KROQ version nails it. The album version is too airy; doesn't do it justice.

By the way, what alternate reality are you living in where Sing Your Life gets played on the radio?

It is indeed. The KROQ version nails it. The album version is too airy; doesn't do it justice.

By the way, what alternate reality are you living in where Sing Your Life gets played on the radio?

I have an HD radio in the car that picks up commercial-less HD stations, KROQ's HD station is all 80s. You can hear it streaming live on KROQ.com so they say, never tried it since I hear it in the car. It's nice to hear Jed the fish in the morning, dude's gotta be permastoned.

Wow ! I had no idea you were knocking out such efforts . While the Buddhist intricacies aren't really my cup of tea (obviously, I don't mean to step on your toes in saying that), you've written a really detailed critique on Moz from such an unusual perspective.

Sorry all if I've accidentally derailed the thread...

Last edited:
;)
Morrissey seems to write about himself in an omnipresent fashion, as if he is removed from his own experiences. His songs maintain autobiographical air to it, but he has the unique ability to transcend that and meld his emotions with the plight others, without having to experience it himself. My favorite songs are the others about himself usually.

Great observation very well expressed!

Wow ! I had no idea you were knocking out such efforts . While the Buddhist intricacies aren't really my cup of tea (obviously, I don't mean to step on your toes in saying that), you've written a really detailed critique on Moz from such an unusual perspective....

Thanks very much 123xyz! For whatever reason I hadn't kept up with this thread since last posting on it. Reading through it now I find it full of lively, sincere and insightful comments, plus a kind scan of an old interview. I tackled the critique to try to get my head around some ideas by holding on to a familiar living sign as I groped my way through, which worked. It is, of course, as you say, not of massively general interest, but the picture; well, I did expect a few comments on that, primitive and all as it is. I even hoped that Crystal Geezer might do a Tarot reading on it! I think it, or something like it, might go down well on promotional material in Japan, Korea, Singapore etc during the next leg of the tour. Yes? No?! I'm sure others could come up with much better variations. What's the name of this tour, btw? Is it still the Greatest Hits? Reminders of relatively recent studio recording of new songs are promising too. There are explosive surprises in store yet.
Cheers : )

Back
Top Bottom