Morrissey Central "THE WRITING’S ON THE WALL" (January 24, 2023)

Three record companies later, the words remain, 2023.

0-10.jpeg
0-11.jpeg

0-12.jpeg

Regards,
FWD.

I saw it as being similar to when he sang November Spawned A "Monster".
The love was so much more obvious in that song than in Mountjoy.

But hey, maybe it’s just me.

That sounds really nice and all, but to me it’s just (modern day) Morrissey being cruel and weirdly insulting. He used to champion these people.

But the narrator is one of the inmates himself. Morrissey is sympathizing with the prisoners, not the judges in their wigs or the “nice” people thankful to be sitting in their homes. The mention of Brendan Behan should lay all doubt to rest.

But the narrator is one of the inmates himself. Morrissey is sympathizing with the prisoners, not the judges in their wigs or the “nice” people thankful to be sitting in their homes. The mention of Brendan Behan should lay all doubt to rest.
I think you might have changed my mind. I just read through the lyrics with your interpretation in mind and was quite moved. It really is a beautiful song.

Not very good songs, are they?

The end.
Nobody cares about the songs: at this point recording is just a pretext for bosom:rolleyes:-buddy bonding...

Don't know why he didn't pick a studio with a sauna in Sweden. Choosing one in Provence when you hate onions and garlic seems cret-....counter-intuitive somehow. :p

Plus, I'm sure there's all the canned Bloody Mary you need to sing, in Sweden...

Nevermind the sh1tty-looking wall: I know Sam is on strike today but tomorrow I do hope we'll get pictures of Grandma's good silver ( if there's any left).

Is this silver rush M's "Far and Away" plan to re-emigrate to America?
"Forget about the land! I have enough silver forks in this here bundle to buy a record company in Oklahoma."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom