Morrissey Central "THE WRITING’S ON THE WALL" (January 24, 2023)

Three record companies later, the words remain, 2023.

0-10.jpeg
0-11.jpeg

0-12.jpeg

Regards,
FWD.

I was responding to the comment that it's a quote from a David Bowie song. Of course it's simply just a joke that the writing remains literally on a wall - three record companies later. Any secondary meaning is in the eye/mind of the beholder. As always.
Yes, everyone's right. Happiness is happening/the dragons have been bled : )

I think he's recovering.

He shouldn't self-release - it's not his skill set - but it's good that he's recording, touring & is reaching out to friends & mainstream journalists.

With a bit of groundwork it should be fine.
You must not tamper with arrangements!

They were claiming he was in his Sunset Boulevard phase before Quarry...
Madonna's touring again soon, and I heard a commentator recall how people were dismissing her as a granny in the 90s. Looks like she may have the last laugh.

Madonna's touring again soon, and I heard a commentator recall how people were dismissing her as a granny in the 90s. Looks like she may have the last laugh.
I think it's great shes touring, and im genuinely happy tickets are selling. Lets hope she sticks to shouting about sex positivity and ageism, rather than encouraging her audience to invest in non fungible tokens -which, if we're being frank, is likely the reason she's having to get back on the road iykyk

Did you get into M around that time ?

I quite like the LP but first time I heard anyone say it's their fave. Good luck to you mate .
I was just thinking when this lp came out things at first we're still pretty good in M world .

Big audience , his autobiography was well revived .

A week after it came out things got sticky .
Thanks! No, I've been into Morrissey since I was little, but when that album came out I was pretty blown away by its sound, especially the song Istanbul! Yeah, watching the recent Joe Chiccarelli interview on this page, I'd agree that the sound of World Peace is indeed cinematic, and he did an Amazing job making it sound that way! Have a good day!

You could have a point. Every album deal is such a slog that takes years and ends in calamity. I wouldn't blame Moz for washing his hands of it. Of course the self-release option might eventually become more palatable to him but I doubt it.
As we never tire, UTTERLY TIRE, of pointing out, there is no reason at all for the tracks on BOT to never see the light of day.

The notion of a 'lost' album shelved because of problematic lyrics in ONE song fits a long-running narrative of duplicitous record companies, 'Guardian' reading woo-woo woakies and, er . . . probably everyone on this site.

Release it yourself.

Get SER with his MAGNIFICENT set of audio-visual technical skills to get the bloody songs into the public domain once and for all.

No?

Not very good songs, are they?

The end.

I think you might be confusing Morrissey for Chris Martin. When has he ever said anything like that in the past 40 years?

It is curious that a lot of people on here get angry because Morrissey is not what they want him to be; yet they originally liked Morrissey because he was different to everyone else.
This from just weeks ago: "I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact." - https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/page/2

He says things like that fairly regularly; selective amnesia being no rarity in these parts.

If WPINOYB tracklist was:

I'm not a man
Istanbul
Kiss me a lot
Bullfighter dies
Oboe concerto
Scandinavia
Staircase
Drag the river
Forgive someone
Art hounds

Would it be 2nd best solo album after Vauxhall?

If WPINOYB tracklist was:

I'm not a man
Istanbul
Kiss me a lot
Bullfighter dies
Oboe concerto
Scandinavia
Staircase
Drag the river
Forgive someone
Art hounds

Would it be 2nd best solo album after Vauxhall?
Swap the order around, drop Kiss Me A Lot in favor of Julie In The Weeds and I’d say it’d be his 4th best behind Ringleader, Viva Hate and Vauxhall. Very strong set of songs on that bonus disc.

WPINOYB according to GS:
I’m Not a Man
Istanbul
Smiler With Knife
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
Drag the River
Forgive Someone
Julie in the Weeds
Art-Hounds

Nine songs. Let’s call the album I’m Not a Man.

I hate how cynical it is. I hate how he calls the inmates human sewage.

But that accurately reflects how society views them: as refuse to be swept away. Cynicism is the only serious response to the cruelties & unfairness of life.

But that accurately reflects how society views them: as refuse to be swept away. Cynicism is the only serious response to the cruelties & unfairness of life.
That sounds really nice and all, but to me it’s just (modern day) Morrissey being cruel and weirdly insulting. He used to champion these people.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom