Morrissey Central "THE WRITING’S ON THE WALL" (January 24, 2023)

Three record companies later, the words remain, 2023.

0-10.jpeg
0-11.jpeg

0-12.jpeg

Regards,
FWD.

Oui! Le jeune Sam est ce que nous appelons un «retard» en Angleterre et possède des compétences de Photoshop de très bas niveau. Comme vous pouvez le voir, pas saisi les principes de base de la perspective ou de la profondeur (ou de l'angle, d'ailleurs).

The writing's on the wall = the end?
I reckon Without Music might be Morrissey's last studio album. Sad, as that might be.
And BOT will remain Moz's 'lost', unreleased album. The subject of the title track was a subject too far.

You could have a point. Every album deal is such a slog that takes years and ends in calamity. I wouldn't blame Moz for washing his hands of it. Of course the self-release option might eventually become more palatable to him but I doubt it.

Oui! Le jeune Sam est ce que nous appelons un «retard» en Angleterre et possède des compétences de Photoshop de très bas niveau. Comme vous pouvez le voir, pas saisi les principes de base de la perspective ou de la profondeur (ou de l'angle, d'ailleurs).
Very true. Has to be said tho, whoever took that pic* got no help from the wall.;)

* "But I wasn't even in France!" ( like that time he wasn't in Italy)

Moz recording a new album makes me sooo happy. :)

Good times and fantastic recordings in France, Moz & band.

Please, post pictures!

My gut feeling tells me that Capitol could face potential liability from Moz's camp, hence the radio silence from them. Of course, they certainly would have had an artist development employee (A&R) assigned to the Bonfire recordings and were aware of the Miley recording. 2 years on, they would have had plenty of time to re-record the vocals and release Bonfire. Having not done so, an argument can be made that irreparable harm was done to Morrissey both professionally and financially. I hope it comes to fruition...

Good times and fantastic recordings in France, Moz & band.

Please, post pictures!

Pictures indeed. If Rayner is there in the capacity of photographer, then hopefully he will document the recording & living of the process like Dominique Tarlé photographed the Rolling Stones at Villa Nellcôte in the early 70s, during what Chrissie Hynde called their "elegantly wasted" period. Morrissey is now in what someone on here has aptly called his "Sunset Boulevard" period—equally as fascinating as the Stones at their most decadent.

Let us see the (alleged) daily haircuts, with Morrissey and Whyte reclining next to each other in barber chairs, lathered up for a shave. The vegan feasts, the glasses of expensive champagne and empty bottles of Corona, the vanilla candles, and the mysterious black curtain in the vocal booth where Morrissey pulls his disappearing act. And of course, to confirm Malarkey's suspicions: Morrissey seated at a laptop wearing a puzzled expression as he attempts to open an internet browser.

Pictures indeed. If Rayner is there in the capacity of photographer, then hopefully he will document the recording & living of the process like Dominique Tarlé photographed the Rolling Stones at Villa Nellcôte in the early 70s, during what Chrissie Hynde called their "elegantly wasted" period. Morrissey is now in what someone on here has aptly called his "Sunset Boulevard" period—equally as fascinating as the Stones at their most decadent.

Let us see the (alleged) daily haircuts, with Morrissey and Whyte reclining next to each other in barber chairs, lathered up for a shave. The vegan feasts, the glasses of expensive champagne and empty bottles of Corona, the vanilla candles, and the mysterious black curtain in the vocal booth where Morrissey pulls his disappearing act. And of course, to confirm Malarkey's suspicions: Morrissey seated at a laptop wearing a puzzled expression as he attempts to open an internet browser.

They were claiming he was in his Sunset Boulevard phase before Quarry.

They were claiming he was in his Sunset Boulevard phase before Quarry.

They certainly jumped the gun on that one; that was wishful thinking on the NME's part. This time I think it really is an isolated and delusional period for him, from which I doubt he'll ever emerge. It was when he said almond milk was outpacing dairy milk that I worried for his grip on reality. I could be wrong. I think he'll continue making music, though. He may even drop his antiquated fixation on record labels and self-release. Norma Desmond was working on her Salome project. All she needed was to ditch her antiquated fixation on the studio system and make it an independent production.

They certainly jumped the gun on that one; that was wishful thinking on the NME's part. This time I think it really is an isolated and delusional period for him, from which I doubt he'll ever emerge. It was when he said almond milk was outpacing dairy milk that I worried for his grip on reality. I could be wrong. I think he'll continue making music, though. He may even drop his antiquated fixation on record labels and self-release. Norma Desmond was working on her Salome project. All she needed was to ditch her antiquated fixation on the studio system and make it an independent production.

I think he's recovering.

He shouldn't self-release - it's not his skill set - but it's good that he's recording, touring & is reaching out to friends & mainstream journalists.

With a bit of groundwork it should be fine.

I think he's recovering.

He shouldn't self-release - it's not his skill set - but it's good that he's recording, touring & is reaching out to friends & mainstream journalists.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I m guessing the title is in quotes because it refers to a line in the song fill your heart on Bowies Hunky Dory LP (the only song not written by him),

I think he's recovering.

Time will surely tell. The most recent interview that I'm aware of was with the fawning Dodwell sycophant. By my standards, that’s the Sunset Boulevard sickness of aging celebrity isolation. And his recurring theme of "they're all out to get me" has been exponentially increasing. I don't know how he gets out of this twisted cocoon he's spun.

But as Dirk would say: "don't get me wrong. I love the man. I wish him well." I think he's as fascinating as ever. And I don't know if he needs to recover in terms of conforming to anyone's definition of normalcy or success. Gregor Samsa doesn't care for his "nastier, colder, more bitter, misanthropic" lyrics, but I love them. Kick the Bride Down the Aisle, Never Again Will I Be a Twin, What Kind of People Live in These Houses?, Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings—he's playing my song. He can recoil ever inwards, but he'll remain a poet and a singular phenomenon.

Last edited:
If Rayner is there in the capacity of photographer, then hopefully he will document the recording & living of the process
Ah but will he document another vanishing à la Agatha Christie, when nobody knew where M was for a couple of days, least of all M himself?
( looking for antique silver forks to pique Dayday's ...interest, he had accidentally locked himself in a cellar cupboard.doh:)

It's a joke - the writing is literally on a wall.
I was responding to the comment that it's a quote from a David Bowie song. Of course it's simply just a joke that the writing remains literally on a wall - three record companies later. Any secondary meaning is in the eye/mind of the beholder. As always.

He and Alain better pull a rabbit out of the hat! It's the only thing that could start to turn his deteriorating career around. The pressure is on. No more sour self-indulgent hate songs please.

4C875A7D-FA75-41AF-B90E-8D3AA2FD1F3D.jpeg

This must be how Morrissey feels, dealing with all these record companies.

This image would make a great album cover.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom