The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me have nothing but total sympathy for Moz. The left are fascists. If Jeremy Corbyn gets his hands on power - God help us all.

Morrissey has never praised Nazis, sorry to disappoint you. He is however an Islamaphobia c*** so you can carry on wanking to him.
People who show a phobia towards a crazy misogynistic cult that insists on the full veiling of women are very normal and very human.

Stoning? Beheading? Crucifixion anyone? It all happens in Saudi and Iran. And will in Britain if they get their way.

It is those who defend such a cult who are the mentalists.

notice the strategically placed scarf to cover the adams apple.

I bought Vauxhall and I in Spillers the day it came out. Wonder whether this boycott means I'll be able to take it back for a refund.

I feel for Morrissey in the fact that it's his birthday, celebrating being 60 years young entering the golden years of life, releasing a new record just to receive so much hate for really nothing

One little independent store not stocking his record won't affect the overall sales, so he shouldn't lose much sleep over it.
I hope he's happy at this very moment.

It’s a very strange stance to take and opens a can of worms about who else you “ban” based on morals. It’s a bit of publicity for the shop, but what will it achieve? Morrissey does well in the vinyl charts, so not stocking his material will only deprive them of sales. Fans will go elsewhere and Morrissey isn’t affected.

One little independent store not stocking his record won't affect the overall sales, so he shouldn't lose much sleep over it.
I hope he's happy at this very moment.
He'll be miffed that it might harm his chances in the South Wales student vinyl chart, though.

That’s not a very nice thing to say about someone you don’t even know. Good for her tho, f*** Morrissey.
That's precisely why I said it, knuckle dragger. Don't think you'll be winning any awards for being an altruistic sweetie. 95% of your posts are vile towards other members here.

I bought Vauxhall and I in Spillers the day it came out. Wonder whether this boycott means I'll be able to take it back for a refund.

I purchased the Interlude record in there. Alongside a Public Enemy single. And Scott Walker sings the songs of Jacques Brel. I still go in there occasionally but am equally baffled as to why Morrissey's politics will mean his records will not be stocked whilst gangsta rap, drill music and dancehall reggae with questionable lyrical content about shooting homosexuals will undoubtedly continue to be.

I think Morrissey actually bought some records in there back in the days of The Smiths

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom