The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the biggest rappers, Jay Z who among other things; sold crack to his mom, shot his brother and was caught on camera punching a woman square in the face back in 1998. I am sure his records are still on their shelf. Meanwhile, Morrissey wore a pin on vanilla popsicle Jimmy Fallon's show, the horror:rolleyes:
Jay Z should be exterminated and his pulped pureed remains used for bio-fuel.

And his pig of a wife.

That way they would finally be contributing to society.

Last edited:
Anyone in the history of rock who has ever behaved badly would have to go because their actions would now be deemed dinosauric...

Maybe this progressive political stance as it's called is more than just politics? There seems to be a religious zeal to it(though as others have pointed out, has a seemingly warped and inconsistent moral compass). The new world religion being promoted by the likes of the EU...At either rate they started a slippery slope that makes me wonder how many others will jump on board with or disavow. Judging by these music rags as of late it seems uncertain

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

That's not Ashli. It's Hayley Cropper int it. Must be looking for publicity for a Corrie comeback.
Boycotting is a two way street thó luv, int it.

that’s a bandwagon being jumped on

as others have posted do it for one artist and you have to do it for others

I feel for Morrissey in the fact that it's his birthday, celebrating being 60 years young entering the golden years of life, releasing a new record just to receive so much hate for really nothing

you have to separate the artist from the person.gary glitter was a right pedo but I still love his songs.when they ban an artist like glitter they are denying the glitter band any royalties from sales and to my knowledge none of them ever done anything wrong.

Hmm, mixed feelings on this, I worked in the record biz for years and my main job was pushing records for many a year, at different times some of the bands I had a hard time getting ordered were "Electric Hellfire Club" who were Satanists, "Christian Death" cuz of their name, "Alien Sex Fiend"(until Beavis and Butthead showed a video of there's) and others. However, a buddy of mine at the same time worked at Metal Blade records doing the same thing, he had the same problem as me, except for this one band, "Cannibal Corpse" after they were widely publicized and calls for them to be banned, that literally lead to millions of sales.
Banning records is not the answer, let the consumer decide, which is probably the case here anyways, Mozzarellas dont sell like he use to, hell, records of any kind don't, people don't ask for them, then don't order them, its simple, no need to "ban" :rolleyes:

another thing,how the f*** do they know they are the worlds oldest record shop,there could be one in Timbuktu that opened the week before.bullplop.

f***ing hell, chill out. It's just one little shop. Enough with the hate-mongering!

Agreed. Just because I find this to be hypocritical and self righteous doesn’t mean I’m on the side of hate mongers. This point also applies to thoughts on immigration

banging 15 year old girls,bowie will always get a pass on many things.
You've got to remember, banging young groupies back in the day was thought as cool and rebellious and part of the image and lifestyle. John Bonham was known to have sexed a 13 year old and it was scurrilously laughed off as 'What an animal you are.' If you apply today's sanctimonious standards to yesteryear you run into very difficult ground. To sum, don't sell records if you have to approve of an artist's morals. But she will because she is a hypocrite. Morrissey bad, everyone else gets a pass.

You've got to remember, banging young groupies back in the day was thought as cool and rebellious and part of the image and lifestyle. John Bonham was known to have sexed a 13 year old and it was scurrilously laughed off as 'What an animal you are.' If you apply today's sanctimonious standards to yesteryear you run into very difficult ground. To sum, don't sell records if you have to approve of an artist's morals. But she will because she is a hypocrite. Morrissey bad, everyone else gets a pass.
totally agree reel,they were all at it.

you have to separate the artist from the person.gary glitter was a right pedo but I still love his songs.when they ban an artist like glitter they are denying the glitter band any royalties from sales and to my knowledge none of them ever done anything wrong.

But in their eyes Glitter did nothing wrong, especially compared to the most evil of all evils... Morrissey! doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Most people get their music online.

This all has to do with publicity, just another parasite trying to make a buck
off Morrissey’s ‘radical’ views.

Low life’s, and they’re Welsh too!

BOYCOTT SPILLERS !!!

:rock: :thumb:

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom