The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely vile stuff to say, let alone think. You must be utterly and thoroughly depressed and at war with existence.

Like someone said, it's one small shop (in bloody Cardiff!). Banning and silencing artists (and the media, for that matter) is awful, but this hate mongering and sickening insults being thrown around here is just f***ed up. It won't help nor affect Moz in the slightest. He could care less about this shop.
I find it scurrilously funny actually.

Other than that, if you're going to be virtuous about the artists you sell you'd have to exclude the whole rap section and most of classic rock because of their views and behaviour. Which she won't, so she's a hypocrite and an attention seeker. Business must be bad.

:rolleyes:

o_O

the guardian is a slight left leaning rag and you never heard of Skinny.
WtF, its Skinny, again with a new puppet name. I should have known.
doh:

saying that the Guardian is slightly left is akin to saying Ocatavius was slightly
a Roman Emperordoh: Very bad form, Skinny.

you click on the cluck guardian and immediately a pop up springs up
demanding money: please help us we are going out of business any time
help us please with any money you have that you dont need. very embarrasing
then you give them a coin or two and they hate you for it, they are the proleteriat
after all:nomouth:
its best not to feed them.:grimacing:

Sorry I've no idea who skinny is?!

If the Guardian was as left leaning as you say then they would back Corbyn, however they have made it clear they don't, they would rather have a Blair type left politician which we all know is not left wing at all.

Learn some basic politics.

Other than that, if you're going to be virtuous about the artists you sell you'd have to exclude the whole rap section and most of classic rock because of their views and behaviour. Which she won't, so she's a hypocrite and an attention seeker. Business must be bad.

Apples and oranges my dear. Maybe gangsta’ rap isn’t an issue that resonates with her or really bothers her. Keep on track will ya. He’s been banned for his far right endorsements, not his gangsta lyrics, boi! Dunno why you keep comparing two unrelated subjects.

Which makes it even more vile. I hope and believe that life will catch up with you sooner or later.

And we’re all hypocrites. You, me, Moz, the record shop lady, your grandma, the mailman.

HYPOCRITE.

Let me explain something douche bag, to you and the 80% of hypocrisy cryers on here. The only way this is hypocrisy, is if, another artist comes out, mirrors Morrissey’s behaviour, publicly endorses For Britain, and Miss Spiller does nothing about it. Then and only then will she be a hypocrite.

Apples and oranges my dear. Maybe gangsta’ rap isn’t an issue that resonates with her or really bothers her. Keep on track will ya. He’s been banned for his far right endorsements, not his gangsta lyrics, boi! Dunno why you keep comparing two unrelated subjects.
Because the lyrics in gangsta rap are a hundred times more offensive than anything Moz has ever said or done. That's why. But because rappers are mostly black they get a pass.

She's an indoctrinated fool. The whole of the modern Left is a laughing stock. Nye Bevan must be spinning in his grave.

How does it feel

What ideas exactly? For Britain is a Nationalist party, i don't believe they consider themselves right wing. ASls, what statements do they hold that gives credence to Morrissey supporting racism?

I can agree to an extent that For Britain appear to be nothing more than a nationalistic party however their support of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon says otherwise to me. He is quite clearly anti islam which for me makes them a party that are opposed to a person or group based on their culture, colour or race. Just because they don't consider themselves right wing doesn't mean they aren't.

I'm not against nationalistic parties, as a Scot I'm more than aware of the power and influence that a national party can have but I do have an issue with parties who make some of the claims about immigration etc that For Britain, Britain First, UKIP and The Brexit Party make.
The UK needs immigration otherwise the public services would be on it's knees (although it is probably there already).

Because the lyrics in gangsta rap are a hundred times more offensive than anything Moz has ever said or done. That's why. But because rappers are mostly black they get a pass.

She's an indoctrinated fool. The whole of the modern Left is a laughing stock. Nye Bevan must be spinning in his grave.

It’s not about lyrics douche bagggggg. God, you’re thick as f***.

Which makes it even more vile. I hope and believe that life will catch up with you sooner or later.

And we’re all hypocrites. You, me, Moz, the record shop lady, your grandma, the mailman.
Can you elaborate? I don't have clue what you're talking about.

Sorry I've no idea who skinny is?!

If the Guardian was as left leaning as you say then they would back Corbyn, however they have made it clear they don't, they would rather have a Blair type left politician which we all know is not left wing at all.

Learn some basic politics.

o_O

Skinny, Corbyn is a formal cuck, not even the ghost of Lenin would want him.:lbf:

I think he’s felt sympathy for people but I don’t think hes flirted with there ideas at all. He’s also flirted and outright supported many left wing ideas. If anything Morrissey would probably be called a libertarian here. Singing songs about people isn’t agreeing with them. Any party that’s against immigration at this point will attract a large group of racists but it doesn’t mean that the party is found on racism anymore than Bernie Sanders party was anti feminism despite attracting at lot of female harassers. I think he agrees with waters on a lot of things but possibly not all and I think he hates most of the other candidates. I don’t think he’s judging the party based on who else is voting for them

I agree with that to an extent, I don't think he has particularly said anything that would make one say 'oh he's a proper racist' but I do think that by backing a party that supports certain people and their racist views then you run the danger of getting caught in the firing line. I've always considered Morrissey to be more of a 'leftie' than a 'rightie' but I think your description of libertarian probably sums it up.

WtF?
the grandma and the mailman are hypocrites.o_O
have you been snacking on the mushrooms again?:lbf:

I think he’s felt sympathy for people but I don’t think hes flirted with there ideas at all. He’s also flirted and outright supported many left wing ideas. If anything Morrissey would probably be called a libertarian here. Singing songs about people isn’t agreeing with them. Any party that’s against immigration at this point will attract a large group of racists but it doesn’t mean that the party is found on racism anymore than Bernie Sanders party was anti feminism despite attracting at lot of female harassers. I think he agrees with waters on a lot of things but possibly not all and I think he hates most of the other candidates. I don’t think he’s judging the party based on who else is voting for them
Quite right. People vote for parties because of their own reasons.

I can agree to an extent that For Britain appear to be nothing more than a nationalistic party however their support of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon says otherwise to me. He is quite clearly anti islam which for me makes them a party that are opposed to a person or group based on their culture, colour or race. Just because they don't consider themselves right wing doesn't mean they aren't.

I'm not against nationalistic parties, as a Scot I'm more than aware of the power and influence that a national party can have but I do have an issue with parties who make some of the claims about immigration etc that For Britain, Britain First, UKIP and The Brexit Party make.
The UK needs immigration otherwise the public services would be on it's knees (although it is probably there already).

But being opposed to Islam doesn't equate them as being opposed to a race. Demographics are an issue though. Many Arabs are Christian(and persecuted for it). But i think the case is easily made that Islam as an ideology does not align with western values and culture. Forcing the mix of water and oil is asking for a reaction and that is exactly what mass immigration and open borders people are creating; conflict. Not to mention all these immigrants being imported come from countries that are not willing to accept mass immigration of westerners in their home lands

Soy boys and children of the quorn in heavy debate. Bring all the soy boys to the yard.

But being opposed to Islam doesn't equate them as being opposed to a race. Demographics are an issue though. Many Arabs are Christian(and persecuted for it). But i think the case is easily made that Islam as an ideology does not align with western values and culture. Forcing the mix of water and oil is asking for a reaction and that is exactly what mass immigration and open borders people are creating; conflict. Not to mention all these immigrants being imported come from countries that are not willing to accept mass immigration of westerners in their home lands

Difficult to argue with your point. However I think some of the recent hatred and race crime is not as well thought out as your very valid points. I have personally seen racism in my line of work and in various other places in the last few years and for some there is a tendency to only see the colour of the skin or name of the person to form an opinion that is nothing short of sickening to a fellow human.

Tags
california son info morrissey
Back
Top Bottom