Morrissey Central "The World Won't Listen" (April 22, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "The World Won't Listen" - April 22, 2020

Links to:
COVID-19? MORRISSEY CALLED IT

by Ray Jackson via Felten Ink

MOZ-1536x1024.jpg

In recent weeks, there’s been a deluge of musicians and artists coming out and being vocal in their condemnation of China’s ‘wet markets’, and the impact, basically, the reason behind, the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Both Brian May and Paul McCartney have voiced their distain over the history and continuation of these practices, practices which, lets call them for what they are: a medieval and barbaric gathering of human beings buying food which often still breathes and struggles in captivity. Let us be clear: ‘Wet markets’ are where live beings are forced to be caged until they get respite of being bought and taken to be chopped for dinner.

Morrissey has always spoken about the horrors of eating animals, and he has been clear about the dangers for years. In a 2004 documentary, ‘The Importance of Being Morrissey’, he said: “I feel quite smug about Mad Cow Disease and Foot and Mouth and so forth, what do you expect? people have been saying it for years.”

Much has been written and said about Morrissey’s now seemingly infamous interview back in 2010. When talking about China’s horrific animal welfare record, he referred to the Chinese and the Government as a ‘subspecies’. Speaking to The Guardian, he said: “Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” It’s a reactionary but justified statement given the context.

Time has found Morrissey to be totally correct, especially in his comment about the lack of Chinese regard for animal welfare.

He recently said: “I offer loud applause to Paul McCartney and Brian May, both of whom I love and respect greatly, for calling for a complete ban on China’s so-called ‘wet-markets’ … which is just a gentle name for hell on earth. There is enough footage of China’s ‘wet-markets’ on You Tube to enlighten you and sicken you at the same time. As with the British abattoir, such places are an evil torment that have no excuse in a civilized world. But is this world civilized? If I, on the other hand, made a comment on China’s ‘wet-markets’ the British press would set fire to my mother’s hair.”

Morrissey was right, but as usual the world won’t listen.

Regards,
FWD.

Vegan First:

"The Chinese Are Gradually Switching to Vegetarian and Vegan Foods

In the last few years, China, and other Asian countries, have seen the mushrooming of vegan restaurants. A report by research firm, Euromonitor said that although China is still the world's biggest market for pork, beef and poultry, the demand had showed a decline in recent years. But it was not until the Coronavirus outbreak in China that the government banned the trade and consumption of wild animals. For the past two weeks, China's police have been raiding houses, restaurants and makeshift markets across the country, arresting nearly 700 people for breaking the temporary ban on catching, selling or eating wild animals. "The scale of the crackdown, which has netted almost 40,000 animals including squirrels, weasels and boars, suggests that China's taste for eating wildlife and using animal parts for medicinal purposes is not likely to disappear overnight, despite potential links to the new coronavirus", said a reuters report.

Since the WHO officially declared COVID-19 as a pandemic which has infected close to 2,00,000+ people and claimed the lives of 8200+ people, people globally are concerned about their health more than ever. The Chinese population is no different and according to Bloomberg, there has been a reported sharp rise in the number of people opting for non-animal protein sources in China.

'Just Egg', is a San Francisco-based vegan egg start-up that also sells its product in China. They have reported increasing enquiries from big, established and state-backed Chinese food manufacturers. Chinese, especially the younger population are slowly opening upto alternate sources of plant-based proteins sources.

This is not the first instance of human epidemics being linked to animal origins. "The WHO says 70% of global disease-causing pathogens discovered in the past 50 years came from animals”, reported the South China Morning Post. Be it the African swine fever which led to a decline in pork sale, or the H5N1 bird flu, Ebola or SARS.. all have been linked or declared to have originated from animals bred for human consumption. And with all these outbreaks, there has always been a sharp decline in the consumption of animals.
China's restaurant industry over the past few years is reporting growing number of entrepreneurs looking to capitalise on the popularity of healthy eating, which usually means a meatless, organic and environmentally-friendly diet. (PTI)

A report by Chinadialogue.net said that the sales of pork declined from 42.49 million tonnes in 2014 to 40.85 million tonnes in 2016. A new dietary guideline issued by China's health industry two years ago also suggested eating less meat, poultry and seafood. The Chinese meat industry adds around 150 million tonnes of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere every year, according to one study. The growing trend of vegetarianism showed more Chinese turning to fruit and vegetables. China currently consumes 40 per cent of the world's fruit and vegetables, indicating the growing trend of vegetarianism in China.

Will this interest of the Chinese populace going meat-free just be temporary or is it here to stay? To avoid similar outbreaks in the future, we hope it's the latter. Leave a comment with your thoughts."

I am guessing the Felton of Felton Ink is Dickie Felton? I note with interest that the site has an exclusive interview with 'writer and journalist' Fiona Dodwell.

I am guessing the Felton of Felton Ink is Dickie Felton? I note with interest that the site has an exclusive interview with 'writer and journalist' Fiona Dodwell.

Sends a shudder through me that name
Attention seeking prick that Felton is.
The man is a nuisance

course he was right.to people who are cruel to animals I hope your next shit is a hedgehog.

COVID-19? Morrissey called it

April 21, 2020 | 9:50 pm | by Ray Jackson

In recent weeks, there’s been a deluge of musicians and artists coming out and being vocal in their condemnation of China’s ‘wet markets’, and the impact, basically, the reason behind, the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Both Brian May and Paul McCartney have voiced their distain over the history and continuation of these practices, practices which, lets call them for what they are: a medieval and barbaric gathering of human beings buying food which often still breathes and struggles in captivity. Let us be clear: ‘Wet markets’ are where live beings are forced to be caged until they get respite of being bought and taken to be chopped for dinner.

Morrissey has always spoken about the horrors of eating animals, and he has been clear about the dangers for years. In a 2004 documentary, ‘The Importance of Being Morrissey’, he said: “I feel quite smug about Mad Cow Disease and Foot and Mouth and so forth, what do you expect? people have been saying it for years.”

Much has been written and said about Morrissey’s now seemingly infamous interview back in 2010. When talking about China’s horrific animal welfare record, he referred to the Chinese and the Government as a ‘subspecies’. Speaking to The Guardian, he said: “Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” It’s a reactionary but justified statement given the context.

Time has found Morrissey to be totally correct, especially in his comment about the lack of Chinese regard for animal welfare.

He recently said: “I offer loud applause to Paul McCartney and Brian May, both of whom I love and respect greatly, for calling for a complete ban on China’s so-called ‘wet-markets’ … which is just a gentle name for hell on earth. There is enough footage of China’s ‘wet-markets’ on You Tube to enlighten you and sicken you at the same time. As with the British abattoir, such places are an evil torment that have no excuse in a civilized world. But is this world civilized? If I, on the other hand, made a comment on China’s ‘wet-markets’ the British press would set fire to my mother’s hair.”

www.feltenink.com/covid-19-morrissey-called-it (Posted by Morrissey Official and then deleted)

He was right about what? All he did was call the chinese a subspecies? So you are saying he was right about that? Cause nowhere in that interview did he predict covid.
ALL HE DID, how much more do we need, moz probably got the info from peta.....that's his main source of info....,.China.... worse meat eaters than us ......PROBABLY.? the rest is now relevant....

He was right about what? All he did was call the chinese a subspecies? So you are saying he was right about that? Cause nowhere in that interview did he predict covid.
No, Bill Gates predicted Covid.......Morrissey was sceptical from day 1 and received criticism from here(usual suspects) for having his Wembley concert.
Interestingly the CDC numbers from this year from their own website for Flu deaths is the lowest since CDC started making these estimates. Draw whatever conclusion you will.

Morrissey Central: "The World Won't Listen" - April 22, 2020

Links to:
COVID-19? MORRISSEY CALLED IT

by Ray Jackson via Felten Ink

View attachment 56067

Regards,
FWD.
I heard you loud and clear Morrissey. The majority of people are just to self involved to listen to anyone but ego.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom