Morrissey Central "THE WORLD IS APPARENTLY LISTENING …" (July 29, 2020)

He's not a heritage act.

I'd sell him like an art house/exploitation film - he's too feel bad & off-kilter to be Sting.

Music marketing struggles with darkness unless it's packaged like Alice Cooper or Metallica. Or they bounce onto sofas to tell everyone about their coke habit & 500 girlfriends.
I took it that he/she was referring to a fan base that was still disposed to buy physical formats; they determined the charts in 2006, giving certain (more established) acts a fair advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it that he/she was referring to a fan base that was still disposed to buy physical formats. They determined the charts in 2006, giving certain acts a fair advantage.

There's really no reason he couldn't be big on streaming - in some ways his plaintive voice floating about the internet like a ghost on a telephone wire is his natural home.

He's just never had a team working on it & he's a luddite.

But it’s always the same pattern, new thread, he posts first , then most of the posts are about him getting a life ECT.. he’s just like most of the racist posters on here, it either for attention or to wind others up.... insult them then ignore them....as I do, and it’s fun...
That's true. I'd like to see the data on this, an analysis on who has posted first on, say, every forum topic this year. To be honest though, I don't think anyone could possibly have the time...oh hang on, there is one person...

There's really no reason he couldn't be big on streaming - in some ways his plaintive voice floating about the internet like a ghost on a telephone wire is his natural home.

He's just never had a team working on it & he's a luddite.
But in 2006, I didn’t know what streaming was. I was still coming to terms with the ‘compact disc’.

Between 40 and 50 seconds, Skinny loves it. And you can spot him throughout, dancing away.

That was a poor effort at rearranging that song. You have to have a modicum of respect for anyone who made it to their feet.

That was a poor effort at rearranging that song. You have to have a modicum of respect for anyone who made it to their feet.

Is it not deliberate because the original reminds him of the old days & upsets him? I'm sure I read something that implied that once.

Is it not deliberate because the original reminds him of the old days & upsets him? I'm sure I read something that implied that once.
When I saw him at Nottingham Rock City in 1999, someone in the audience requested it. He said something like “I’m glad you asked because I will never, ever, play that song again”. And yes, in a way he never did.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not a heritage act.
He wasn't but he is now, dude. Radio stations wont touch him (his new material) since he urged the world to vote for the far right and declared that he preferred his own race. When your songs are played on the radio, as his were up to Spent the Day, you are constantly exposed to a new younger audience. As soon as they stop playing you, your audience simply,y becomes a nostalgia seeking stump of aging fans with the occasional young ish indie fan who's just discovered the Smith's. But even most of the latter wouldn't be seen dead at a concert by someone widely believed to be a foolish bigot with deeply unpleasant far-right views.

Between 40 and 50 seconds, Skinny loves it. And you can spot him throughout, dancing away.

And that's the crux of it.
He loved Morrissey and probably still does, hence his constant presence on here.
Skinny can't cope with no longer being the number one fan ( Mastermind etc etc) - he's also probably uncomfortable with some things Moz has said. As a result he's gone FULL Mark Chapman.
He doth protest too much and makes himself look silly.
He also professes to be "in the know"
Boz has left - nonsense
The smiths WILL reform - nonsense
Moz/Joyce rumour - nonsense

I was at an evening once where he was but he would only speak to the celebrity guests.

Oh Jesus! My eyes! My eyes! You really do need to add a parental guidance warning to any visual images of SkinnyPeter...I've only just had breakfast and this is a new laptop.

Over the years we have read many accounts of his prodigious appetite and capacity for alcohol, including this:
if its MANY then you can share them with us.
is morrissey to live the life of an altar boy,i will be out boozing tomorrow night,why,because iv worked my arse off all week.

is morrissey to live the life of an altar boy,i will be out boozing tomorrow night,why,because iv worked my arse off all week.
Fascinating. I criticised neither Morrissey nor anyone else for being heavy drinkers. Yet you took offence, both for yourself and on behalf of Morrissey. You sound a bit defensive on the subject.

Fascinating. I criticised neither Morrissey nor anyone else for being heavy drinkers. Yet you took offence, both for yourself and on behalf of Morrissey. You sound a bit defensive on the subject.
you made out that it was an original sin for M to have a drink.stop sticking up for skinflint he aint worth it.

you made out that it was an original sin for M to have a drink.stop sticking up for skinflint he aint worth it.
No, I implied no such thing. You read something into what I wrote that I did not write. I described his appetite for, and consumption of alchohol as 'prodigious,' which implies nothing other than it has been reported on many occasions that he drinks a lot.
By all means have a go at me if it makes you feel better but making up stuff simply to have a go is a bit sad tbh.

He wasn't but he is now, dude. Radio stations wont touch him (his new material) since he urged the world to vote for the far right and declared that he preferred his own race. When your songs are played on the radio, as his were up to Spent the Day, you are constantly exposed to a new younger audience. As soon as they stop playing you, your audience simply,y becomes a nostalgia seeking stump of aging fans with the occasional young ish indie fan who's just discovered the Smith's. But even most of the latter wouldn't be seen dead at a concert by someone widely believed to be a foolish bigot with deeply unpleasant far-right views.

People who have become infamous are not heritage acts & don't get nostalgic audiences.

He'll get people who love the songs & who aren't easily swayed by media or social media & who don't care about out of context misquotes.

And that's the crux of it.
He loved Morrissey and probably still does, hence his constant presence on here.
Skinny can't cope with no longer being the number one fan ( Mastermind etc etc) - he's also probably uncomfortable with some things Moz has said. As a result he's gone FULL Mark Chapman.
He doth protest too much and makes himself look silly.
He also professes to be "in the know"
Boz has left - nonsense
The smiths WILL reform - nonsense
Moz/Joyce rumour - nonsense

I was at an evening once where he was but he would only speak to the celebrity guests.

I had no idea you could even be a number one fan.

Over the years we have read many accounts of his prodigious appetite and capacity for alcohol, including this:
is morrissey to live the life of an altar boy,i will be out booz
He's not a heritage act.

I'd sell him like an art house/exploitation film - he's too feel bad & off-kilter to be Sting.

Music marketing struggles with darkness unless it's packaged like Alice Cooper or Metallica. Or they bounce onto sofas to tell everyone about their coke habit & 500 girlfriends.
watched metallica - through the never last week,was on film 4,its a metallica concert with a waferthin plot running through it,blew me away,if theres anybody in the world who puts on a better stage show than metallica iv still to see it,not even my type of music,fantastic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom