The World Cup Thread

I'm not watching cos England are out. I don't give a frig who wins...
I made the effort to watch, seeing as it was the final. It made a change to enjoy the football without any stress. The game was just as good as the rest of the tournament and it was fitting that there was open play and a sprinkling of goals cos that's how the whole tournament seems to have been.

Lol. U mad.

smvuo2.jpg

How do you photoshop 10 pages of downvotes? All you need is me ya mad c***.

Anytime France go ahead they’ll shred any team with that counter attacking, but that was not as impressive as you’re making out. Croatia had them in their pocket for the entire first half. Couple of iffy decisions turned that game, not saying France wouldn’t have won anyway, but 4-2 is flattering.
They cruised their way to becoming world champions, not impressive at all.

LOL

Last time they won it Man United won the treble the following season!

I am a fan of the female croatian president and she was the highlight of that medal and trophy presentation and that was real pride and dignity. Zagreb will welcome them home like champions.
Never seen a better presentation and it always rains in that stadium when they hand out trophies but for Chelsea it was tears more than rain 10 years ago as Man United lifted the CL trophy in there.

I'm throwing my arms around France today. Very happy they are the new football champions.

I only hope that during the next world cup the national team of Argentina can be formed by actual Argentinian players who play the sport in our country, not by European starlet players who merely were born here and don't give a shit for the results. The curse of this sport are the multimillionaire contracts that are good for some people's pockets but ruin everything else, especially the experience of the fans.
I was happy for them 20 years ago and I am happy for them now. Deschamps is a genius and only the third one in history to win the world cup both as a player and a manager.
They always labelled him the water carrier but it is always underrated players and managers that seem to end up with big prizes.

With this world cup done and dusted I am taking a break from Solo and going on holiday cause the last few weeks if not months have been hectic on here with all the politics and everything else going on.
See all you great people in a near future (I know you wish I won't turn up again and who knows?).

Lovely scenes in the french studio packed with fans in stands not to mention the scenes in Paris. Gonna watch that now so bye all and thanks to Charlie for this thread!

They cruised their way to becoming world champions, not impressive at all.

LOL

Last time they won it Man United won the treble the following season!

Partly because everyone else was shite! Bored the socks off everyone in all three group games, blitzed the worst Argentina side of all time while still managing to concede three goals. They played decent in the last 3 games, nothing more. But, no one flukes a World Cup, so well done to them, on being the best of a bad bunch, of so called world class sides.

Belgium, France, Brazil and Croatia played well, the rest will easily be forgotten.

Looking forward to the new season!

Zagreb 1 Paris 0 Full Time

Not even a contest and the croatian flag on the ground is the largest flag I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom