The whole "love me oustide" thing...

I felt quite sorry for the lad, it kind of reminded me of a playground bully having his 'boy's' behind him goading.. And Boz's face! I know he seems quite protective over boss man but shit, he was practically jizzing testosterone into the audience.. "love me outside" was nice and sharp though, something the bullies in my playground would barely have the brains to muster up.

When I couple that with the "no sausage no show" bullshit, I'm really staring to not like this guy.
Again, the venue voluntarily took sausage off the menu for the day to lure Morrissey to perform.
If people come to see you perform, and they buy meat, you are indirectly responsible for the sale and consumption of meat. Take it off the menu and you are indirectly responsible for a teeny decrease in the sale and consumption of meat. It's a matter of personal ethics, and I really don't think it's that big of a deal. He's always asked his touring cohorts to refrain from meat eating; this just widens the circle. If you are that desperate for a sausage, buy one before you go or after you get home. Is the main artist not allowed to have any influence at all? Are we so politically correct that we can't stand up for what we believe in for fear of offending someone?

Again, the venue voluntarily took sausage off the menu for the day to lure Morrissey to perform.
If people come to see you perform, and they buy meat, you are indirectly responsible for the sale and consumption of meat. Take it off the menu and you are indirectly responsible for a teeny decrease in the sale and consumption of meat. It's a matter of personal ethics, and I really don't think it's that big of a deal. He's always asked his touring cohorts to refrain from meat eating; this just widens the circle. If you are that desperate for a sausage, buy one before you go or after you get home. Is the main artist not allowed to have any influence at all? Are we so politically correct that we can't stand up for what we believe in for fear of offending someone?

Great answer, it's not a big deal to not sell sausages.
I liked the 'love me outside' line, very quotable, very Morrissey.

RE:- The "Liverpool" incident......( WARNING...I DO Go on a bit....get comfy, and pull a chair up....)

I was actually there, and shortly before it happened, I had put eye-drops in ( I have Conjunctivitis...), and, as my vision was a bit blurred, it looked to me as if someone had threw a bouquet of flowers to him ( the stage lights illuminated the Liquid "Spray", as it hit his head..). I said to my mate "aww, someones just threw him some flowers"....

As Morrissey walked off stage, and the arena lights came on, about a million rumours spread about what had just happened ( Some Tosser even mentioned a shooting attempt, just because it was in Liverpool...).
Eventually, it was made clear that Morrissey was NOT going to come onstage again, and after a few boo's, and some spitting at the arena staff ( mostly decent sorts, who didn't have a clue what was going on themselves...tut tut to the so-called fans who did the spitting...( Mostly on their uniform Backs, as they all Bravely walked out........) we left, truly dissapointed indeed.

The general "talk" about the incident in the nearby bars later was, although it seemed a Harsh decision by Mozzer, it WAS the right one....he did not know just WHAT that "Liquid" was....It could have been anything...
I was nowhere near the stage front, so I cannot comment on how the "Security" handled things down there, but, It DID to me, seem to be the Arena to blame, for allowing the assault to happen. There was also "Talk" of someone being dragged outside, and being given a good kicking by the security staff, but Nothing has ever been proven for sure, to my Knowledge anyway, about that, or any charges being brought toward the assailant....

The "Hamburg" incident,( although I was not present, ..I have only saw Youtube clips..) however DID seem to me to be a massive over-reaction by Morrissey, as, in my opinion, he was taking the Piss anyway out of the city he was playing in...If he hates all things "meat" so much, why play in a city called Hamburg???...I genuinely felt sorry for the fan who was ejected, and felt a little less respect for morrissey over that particular "handling" of the situation....

...If his own vegetarian "beliefs" are being offended so much by Carnivores attending his concerts, he should REALLY have a good, long think before he announces further shows, and (Potentialy) Disappoints any fans who have bought tickets in advance, and possibly travelled a long way....I'm Just wondering if he will Play Glastonbury after all....I am quite sure they sell Burgers at that site.....To me, it seems He is acting like too much of a "Prima- donna " these days, for me to even consider ever going to another Morrissey gig....( I got offered a free ticket for Stoke....I politely declined it, but I hope, for my friends sake, that the show goes ahead.....). As Morrissey himself sings/sang..."I've been stabbed in the back So many, many times.....but that's just the way it goes"...
hope that wasn't too long!!
( P.s...I will still continue to buy any new Morrissey material that may arise...he is STILL , in my opinion, the best songwriter EVER....I just won't be bothering with any more "Live events"),

Last edited:
I'm just going to say this even though it sounds crazy. I am not a Morrissey apologist, I think he is responsible for the words that come out of his mouth and the implications he makes and he isn't perfect. Nobody is. Having said that though, I think it's possible that if he's wired a little different, (read: sees signs) then sometimes due to the nature of that affliction, sometimes what appears to be something little to most people is an aggressive attack to a see-er. So imagine Morrissey "hears" God. Well he "hears" the devil too becasue God and the Devil communicate through the same channels. Regarding the Hamburg incident, it's possible that earlier in the day someone who was kind of acting devil-y was having a random conversation with him and he heard an allusion to "I'm going to attack you later and when I do, I'm going to defend where I come from." So this guy comes along later and starts yelling at Morrissey about Hamburg and Moz puts his foot down, remembering the previous conversation and senseing the presence of the devil who earlier taunted him, kicks him to the curb. In his head he has defended the sanctity of his stage and told the devil who is boss, in everyone else's mind he is being an overreactive diva. Again this is just a speculative theory and I'm not saying those were the signs he saw, but maybe something like that is going on.

I hate when this line is quoted, like Morrissey is a hard-ass or something.

It's always bothered me.

That's really bothered me for a long time.
I think you need some new priorities in life, my friend. For reals.

Call me thick but I don't understand why this "love me outside" is so great? What's so witty about it? I must have missed something in the story

So begs the question, why are you still here? Doesn't make much sense, honestly.

The same reason you're here, I imagine...to wait for someone to say something you can add a semi-witty or mocking reply to.

The same reason you're here, I imagine...to wait for someone to say something you can add a semi-witty or mocking reply to.

I'm actually here because I like Morrissey. I don't think the man's a god, and he's obviously made mistakes, but his music's alright. I've also learned of some pretty good new bands from the Other Music forum. So all in all, that's why I'm here. You and Skylarker on the other hand, I'm not too sure. You both seem fed up with recent Morrissey, so essentially every thread either of you contribute to or start on the general forum here turns into you two sucking each other off in a race to see who can ejaculate the most predictable pop culture references and "semi-witty" (a generous adjective in this case) digs at anyone who disagrees with your opinion. I'm not particularly phased by it in any way, it's not the first time I've seen other users act this way on this forum.

I'm actually here because I like Morrissey. I don't think the man's a god, and he's obviously made mistakes, but his music's alright. I've also learned of some pretty good new bands from the Other Music forum. So all in all, that's why I'm here. You and Skylarker on the other hand, I'm not too sure. You both seem fed up with recent Morrissey, so essentially every thread either of you contribute to or start on the general forum here turns into you two sucking each other off in a race to see who can ejaculate the most predictable pop culture references and "semi-witty" (a generous adjective in this case) digs at anyone who disagrees with your opinion. I'm not particularly phased by it in any way, it's not the first time I've seen other users act this way on this forum.

Read your post again, and then take a good look into this, bucko.
custom_mirror.jpg

I didn't realize I needed to fellate Morrissey's every nuance in order to participate here.

I love his music. As a person, though, his ego is absolutely absurd. He treats people like total shit...sincere fans who PAY to see his shows and buy his crappy re-releases of songs they already own three times over.

Cancelling a show because of sausage? The guy needs to grow up.

I've had it with the multiple copies of the same single, the contrived vinyl retro schtick, the anti-meat nonsense, the bodyguard entourage, all of it.

He isn't the same person anymore, since the court case. Somewhere in Los Angeles, lost in the hordes of his ass-kissing Mexican fanbase, he turned into a total deadbeat prick. And his money/court problems -which he COULD choose to address as a mature adult- have totally sent his artistic muse into the shitter.

Do I think he was wronged in court? Yes. But gradually now for 15 years he just BITCHES AND BITCHES AND BITCHES. He's become surly and bitter and boxed in. He doesn't write like he used to, he doesn't talk like he used to, and he doesn't treat his fans like he used to.

His "mistakes" are not mistakes...they are cold, calculated, self-serving manipulations of other people. I love his art to death, but I'm way past the point of letting that cloud my evaluation of him as person.

"Der. If u hate mozza soo much y dont u just leave? Der."

I didn't realize I needed to fellate Morrissey's every nuance in order to participate here.

Don't think you read quite clearly enough.

I don't think the man's a god, and he's obviously made mistakes, but his music's alright.

I love his music. As a person, though, his ego is absolutely absurd. He treats people like total shit...sincere fans who PAY to see his shows and buy his crappy re-releases of songs they already own three times over.

See, there seems to be the fans on your end of the ballpark, and there seems to be fans on THAT end of the ballpark, who make their own problems. I'm not talking about the guy who got told to "love me outside," I'm talking about those who buy said re-releases of songs they already own three times over. Who's got the gun to their heads? There IS a healthy medium between boring us all with how "MR. Morritthey shud get JOHNNY MARR BACK, SMITHS FOREVER YEAH!" and "I JUST BOUGHT 'EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY' SIXTEENTH ANNIVERSARY REISSUE ON WAX CYLINDER THE MAN IS A GENIUS!"

He's not going to. Whining about it isn't going to change anything.

I've had it with the multiple copies of the same single, the contrived vinyl retro schtick, the anti-meat nonsense, the bodyguard entourage, all of it.

Okay. Your point? I'm not saying I agree with any of that, I'm just wondering why you feel the need to voice it, as it's not going to change anything.

He isn't the same person anymore, since the court case. Somewhere in Los Angeles, lost in the hordes of his ass-kissing Mexican fanbase, he turned into a total deadbeat prick. And his money/court problems -which he COULD choose to address as a mature adult- have totally sent his artistic muse into the shitter.

Do I think he was wronged in court? Yes. But gradually now for 15 years he just BITCHES AND BITCHES AND BITCHES. He's become surly and bitter and boxed in. He doesn't write like he used to, he doesn't talk like he used to, and he doesn't treat his fans like he used to.

His "mistakes" are not mistakes...they are cold, calculated, self-serving manipulations of other people. I love his art to death, but I'm way past the point of letting that cloud my evaluation of him as a person.

I just don't seem to understand what you get out of shitting a thick layer of that out onto every post you make. I'm sure that many of us, myself included, share the exact same viewpoints you do on many of these subjects. By this point, it's sort of been discussed to death. Your posts sound like you're trying to organize a boycott or something -- nothing is going to change the way he is. He's going to do what he wants to do. And so are his fans. You don't agree with it. I don't agree with it. But bitching about it isn't going to serve any purpose.

"Der. If u hate mozza soo much y dont u just leave? Der."

Yeah, I thought that's the best you'd be able to come up with.

His "mistakes" are not mistakes...they are cold, calculated, self-serving manipulations of other people. I love his art to death, but I'm way past the point of letting that cloud my evaluation of him as a person.

I am utterly, utterly depressed by how much of this I agree with, especially the bolded. Thoroughly disheartening.

:blushing: If all of you listened to my theory, you'd know why he acts the way he does. He's different. He responds to the world around him differently because he has been, for the better part of the last 20 years, under attack. Not by lawyers and court appearances and obvious-to-most-people attack, but cosmic/spiritual attack. So he fights back in the way he can by being a "total deadbeat prick."

Back
Top Bottom