The Wall Remains - Morrissey Central (28 January, 2019)

45907_45905_20190126_163515_fzfzin.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-wall-remains

A suggestion of time passing?
A suggestion that they will record in La Fabrique?
(Who haven't updated their site or Twitter since 2016 - there's no indication anyone is near France right now either).
Who knows!?
From a post here in 2014 - confirmation that the image was not photoshopped (what, no clone stamps?).

20190128_215507.jpg

Central is in danger of becoming just a flight of ideas IMHO.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire thinking process of:
because Morrissey said X and X hasn't happened MUST be due to Y...
(Y = any fanciful explanation you create without evidence)
is a thinking style I've railed against for years.
Firstly, what actual real evidence of delay is there?
The concept that the album was due in March was penned by 2 writers called 'João' when interviewing Morrissey in the Folha article. Morrissey isn't directly quoted as saying it in any interview and English articles used the word 'rumoured' in connection with March.
Nor did Central allude to any date itself. March is within the usual pattern of release time from recording to mixing to mastering to sales, but to pre-explain what's happening with zero credible information to base things on probably isn't the best way to engage with the facts?
This is the exact same thinking where people assert some better understanding of BMG's relationship (and contract they've never seen) with Morrissey to know there's definitely issues with their relationship, promotion or marketing - when there is zero to indicate anything whatsoever other than silence.
The real issue with conjecture is that some people come here for information and end up leaving believing things that are merely feelings about something rather than actual fact.
I have no real issue with people who wish to discuss things in that manner, but the way they present their opinion and suppositions on things that haven't happened yet should probably done so in a way that takes ownership of their assertions rather than statements that imply some greater insight in to the topic.
'I don't know for sure, but I feel...' is always preferable to 'it must definitely be due to X...' when engaging with uncertainty is it not?
Anyway, I bore even me. Please don't personalise this observation - it is a general one - not targeted.
Just my humble view.
Boringly yours,
FWD.

:nogood:

:okay:

:raisinghand:

Aaah! Some kind of news...
Morrissey recording with a gilet jaune in the South of France.
Providing he doesn’t wear this yellow vest on the cover

Sam has a video from 1day ago of two "French kitties" play fighting
Actually, he posted 4 brief unrelated videos on his YouTube channel. One of which uses the term 'French'.
Does the fact he mentioned French cats 25% confirm he's in France taking pictures of dilapidated outbuildings...
Or 75% confirm he's not?
Perhaps 100%?
Can anyone explain how they know for sure where he is?
Regards,
FWD.

The entire thinking process of:
because Morrissey said X and X hasn't happened MUST be due to Y...
(Y = any fanciful explanation you create without evidence)
is a thinking style I've railed against for years.
Firstly, what actual real evidence of delay is there?
The concept that the album was due in March was penned by 2 writers called 'João' when interviewing Morrissey in the Folha article. Morrissey isn't directly quoted as saying it in any interview and English articles used the word 'rumoured' in connection with March.
Nor did Central allude to any date itself. March is within the usual pattern of release time from recording to mixing to mastering to sales, but to pre-explain what's happening with zero credible information to base things on probably isn't the best way to engage with the facts?
This is the exact same thinking where people assert some better understanding of BMG's relationship (and contract they've never seen) with Morrissey to know there's definitely issues with their relationship, promotion, funding or marketing - when there is zero to indicate anything whatsoever other than silence.
The real issue with conjecture is that some people come here for information and end up leaving believing things that are merely feelings about something rather than actual fact.
I have no real issue with people who wish to discuss things in that manner, but the way they present their opinion and suppositions on things that haven't happened yet should probably done so in a way that takes ownership of their assertions rather than statements that imply some greater insight in to the topic.
'I don't know for sure, but I feel...' is always preferable to 'it must definitely be due to X...' when engaging with uncertainty is it not?
Anyway, I bore even me. Please don't personalise this observation - it is a general one - not targeted.
Just my humble view.
Boringly yours,
FWD.

And even after these ideas are disproven and the releases happen still the same logic and conjecture go on

Rather tragically, this is the first time ever that I'm not looking forward to the prospect of a brand new Morrissey album. Ironically, the problem he had for nearly 20 years (dull, mediocre, plodding Alain Whyte chug-rock as the default musical setting) has been fixed, and we can look forward to some sprightly imaginative musical treats. But Morrissey's lyrics (and worldview) have become so dismal in the last 4 years, that any brilliant musical compositions are likely to be ruined by his words. Oh well, at least he hasn't written the words to the covers album, so that might still be half decent.

Why Don't YOU (remember that was a TV show back then...….)
just ASK SAM.

OOPS. Spot the issue ?

Hazard
x

Rather tragically, this is the first time ever that I'm not looking forward to the prospect of a brand new Morrissey album. Ironically, the problem he had for nearly 20 years (dull, mediocre, plodding Alain Whyte chug-rock as the default musical setting) has been fixed, and we can look forward to some sprightly imaginative musical treats. But Morrissey's lyrics (and worldview) have become so dismal in the last 4 years, that any brilliant musical compositions are likely to be ruined by his words. Oh well, at least he hasn't written the words to the covers album, so that might still be half decent.

Trust me, after looking at this wonderful photo, I just cannot allow such an idiotic post, from an anonymous fool, to be the very last post on this story of love, of walls and of glorious France.

Vive La France.
Hazard
x

I believe the band is in the Studio with Moz again as various social media stuff from some band members indicate. Fingers crossed.

Reckon please. The closest Uncle Steve is going to be to Italy is Aunt Nancy's hot tits tonight on Valentines Day in The California Son Suite at The Sunset Marquis. Why do you foreigners always have to make everything so un-American while stuffing your inbred bloated faces with Big Macs and KFC and wearing everything Nike idolizing a guy who is more American than apple pie and basketball (his favorite sport). You people are lost.

Preface: all publicly shared info and easily found if you pay attention (excluding one tweet).
A picture via Central of La Fabrique posted on the 28th of Jan.
SER: no evidence he was ever in France. The airplane picture was Nashville to New York. He's now back in Nashville
Moz: not spotted or pictured anywhere.
Boz: was in the UK before flying with Lyn to Spain on the 8th-11/12th for the Rockin' Race Jamboree.
Appears to be in the UK or at least: no evidence of travel yet - is in Vinyl Boutique all day on 15th of Feb.
Mando: IG video of Mando in LA on the 12th of Feb & was in LA on the 15th - nothing else.
Jesse: nothing apart from the French tagged tweet.
Matt: a video titled 'Bologna, Italy' and some scenic pictures of said on the 14th of Feb - nothing prior of note.
Gustavo - nothing since Chile.

Two of the band have musical commitments coming up in early March too.

If the above helps people think they are recording together - well done.
Personally, I'd wait for something that joins the dots up a bit better.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
Currently - 19 Feb. (since above info).
Boz has remained in the UK.
Mando has remained LA.

I hope having better information to base guesses on doesn't get in the way of anyone trying to just focus on myself...

Last edited:
Preface: all publicly shared info and easily found if you pay attention (excluding one tweet).
SER: no evidence he was ever in France. The airplane picture was Nashville to New York. He's now back in Nashville
Boz: was in the UK before flying with Lyn to Spain on the 8th-11/12th for the Rockin' Race Jamboree.
Appears to be in the UK or at least: no evidence of travel yet.
Mando: IG video of Mando in LA on the 12th of Feb - nothing else.
Matt: a video titled 'Bologna, Italy' and some scenic pictures of said on the 14th of Feb - nothing prior of note.

Regards,
FWD.

:rolleyes:

:straightface:

SER is not in the band
Moz not spotted outside of France either
Boz -whereabouts once in SPAIN (conveniently close to FRANCE) UNKNOWN
Mando- no evidence of NOT being in France.
Jesse- FRENCH TWEET!!
Matt- in Italy!! in the CONTINENT of which FRANCE is part of.
Gustavo- no evidence of NOT being in France whereabouts UNKNOWN meaning no proof he has
not been in France.

connect YE OLD Dots peeps!!

:rock:

Appears to be in the UK or at least: no evidence of travel yet - is in Vinyl Boutique all day on 15th of Feb.
Mando: IG video of Mando in LA on the 12th of Feb - nothing else.

Regards,
FWD.

Jesus.
Wow.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom