The Wall Remains - Morrissey Central (28 January, 2019)

45907_45905_20190126_163515_fzfzin.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-wall-remains

A suggestion of time passing?
A suggestion that they will record in La Fabrique?
(Who haven't updated their site or Twitter since 2016 - there's no indication anyone is near France right now either).
Who knows!?
From a post here in 2014 - confirmation that the image was not photoshopped (what, no clone stamps?).

20190128_215507.jpg

Central is in danger of becoming just a flight of ideas IMHO.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
its a wonder that bike has never appeared on ebay.
Yes, especially as it was a bespoke bike created exclusively for Moz and forged in the bowels of Mount Doom by welding together bits of the bikes from the Stop Me video. 'Bespoke' get it?

45907_45905_20190126_163515_fzfzin.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-wall-remains

A suggestion of time passing?
A suggestion that they will record in La Fabrique?
(Who haven't updated their site or Twitter since 2016 - there's no indication anyone is near France right now either).
Who knows!?
From a post here in 2014 - confirmation that the image was not photoshopped (what, no clone stamps?).

View attachment 47403

Central is in danger of becoming just a flight of ideas IMHO.
Regards,
FWD.
A Flight Of Ideas. I like it. That could be a good album title.

I would check your house for a gas leak. :crazy:
It is a picture of a wall in the south of France.
It has nothing to do with Friedhof Grunewald-Forst in Germany where Nico is laid to rest.
Have you ever considered trying to type in English? o_O

berlin, folks. the lush greenery is that of the nico cemetery pix. they recorded something in berlin at that time, if i remo correctly. the wall is THE wall but could also be a gravestone. there was some sacrilegious talk and laughing here on solo amongst the retardedly funny guys that the gravestone in one of the pix looked as if it was used as a public toilet for people doing "their" business there.
there are "wall remains" in berlin, of course.
i cant remo what they were recording in berlin, but maybe there is some final work done at the moment.
the heap of deadwood in the foreground is very revealing too.
The recording in Berlin idea came about from supposition here in May 2018.
It was based on no more than Morrissey & Damon being photographed in a Berlin restaurant being added to a picture of a beer glass picture taken by Jesse with 'LA-NY-Berlin' written on the image. Boz then posted a picture of himself mentioning 'Team Vienna' on his birthday. The rest of the band were nowhere near. There's no evidence Boz made it as far as Berlin and no evidence of any recording/studio time.
Joe Chiccarelli had chipped in a couple of months prior with his comment about recording a 'second half' of Low In High School, but that clearly turned out to be the recent Sunset sessions that brought about the LIHS deluxe.
Regards,
FWD.

Well, clearly, you didn't take Geography at school !!! La Fabrique studios are in the South of France where you enjoy a Mediterranean climate .

Ok genius. Then explain how if this picture was taken in France then why are the words written in English? Didn't you take linguistics in school?

Presumably somebody wass there on 28 Jan...

Nope - the photo was taken at
Date Time: 2019:01:26 16:35:15
Model: SM-G965F (Samsung S9+)

Some additional meta data information are available but no hint about the phone owner...

What was up with that clone stamp tho?

I’ve been binging YOR lately. That album gets better and better w age.

Maybe this post is not meant to be taken literally. Maybe "the wall" is some sort of a setback with the covers album, touring plans, recording plans, etc.

There does seem to be some sort of delay with this covers album. You'd think we'd have a release date, cover art, and a song or two by now.

The entire thinking process of:
because Morrissey said X and X hasn't happened MUST be due to Y...
(Y = any fanciful explanation you create without evidence)
is a thinking style I've railed against for years.
Firstly, what actual real evidence of delay is there?
The concept that the album was due in March was penned by 2 writers called 'João' when interviewing Morrissey in the Folha article. Morrissey isn't directly quoted as saying it in any interview and English articles used the word 'rumoured' in connection with March.
Nor did Central allude to any date itself. March is within the usual pattern of release time from recording to mixing to mastering to sales, but to pre-explain what's happening with zero credible information to base things on probably isn't the best way to engage with the facts?
This is the exact same thinking where people assert some better understanding of BMG's relationship (and contract they've never seen) with Morrissey to know there's definitely issues with their relationship, promotion, funding or marketing - when there is zero to indicate anything whatsoever other than silence.
The real issue with conjecture is that some people come here for information and end up leaving believing things that are merely feelings about something rather than actual fact.
I have no real issue with people who wish to discuss things in that manner, but the way they present their opinion and suppositions on things that haven't happened yet should probably done so in a way that takes ownership of their assertions rather than statements that imply some greater insight in to the topic.
'I don't know for sure, but I feel...' is always preferable to 'it must definitely be due to X...' when engaging with uncertainty is it not?
Anyway, I bore even me. Please don't personalise this observation - it is a general one - not targeted.
Just my humble view.
Boringly yours,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom