The Virtue of Selfishness

I just got home from a punk show and I'm pretty drunk so forgive me if I'm not up to par.. Yes, it is complicated to try and understand human nature, but difficult does not mean impossible. If this is still not totally known how can I advocate my social policies? Well, I take it like anything else, if you go back to the seven (Or was it six? I'm too smashed.) basic questuions of Socrates, think about epistemology, metaphysics, most of what we understand about reality is second hand, the only thing we actually know exists is our own thoughts and we can only prove it to ourselves. Our general understanding of reality is based on leaps of faith, the purpose of science, and reason being to minimize those leaps of faith, or to come to the most sound arguments we are capable of producing. It is my firm belief, and I think science and philosophy bear this out that humans are naturally cooperative, creative, animals, otherwise I could not be an Anarchist. As for Nietzsche, I am not really a "Nietzschean", either. I am merely inspired by his work, the way he thinks, the way he writes. Nietzsche said all great works are written with blood, he certainly holds up to that standard. although his work has been an influence in modern Anarchist theory. As for Chomsky I guess everybody's taste is different, I was refferring more to his political analysis than his work on linguistics, of course, for analysis of US foreign and domestic policy he's the best there is. Bar NONE. Not to mention probably the greatest living Anarchist today. Hope that covered it, if not blame the liqour. I'm gonna feel like crap tomarrow.

do you still work at the fish store? Cuz you could also tell us about the virtue of shellfish. Get it?

It's amazing to me, in a Morrissey forum, that no one has mentioned Morrissey's recent quotes about how he advocates selfishness. Either people no longer read the interviews or they are pretending they do not exist. Morrissey sounded like an Ayn Rand follower in a few of them.

It's amazing to me, in a Morrissey forum, that no one has mentioned Morrissey's recent quotes about how he advocates selfishness. Either people no longer read the interviews or they are pretending they do not exist. Morrissey sounded like an Ayn Rand follower in a few of them.

Morrissey says stupid things all the time. I still love him.

Tags
jellyfish no poll? me want voting! oh chica *sigh* :p sex yawn
Back
Top Bottom