The Very Best Of The Smiths

M

Martha

Hi I'm a new fan, and have bought this album today. The Smiths are great. Is there any fan club I could join? I live in Maryland.

Hi Martha

There is no "official" fanclub. This website is the closest thing that you will find. Welcome. I hope you have a wonderful time discovering all the things that make The Smiths so special. Morrissey's solo career has been going strong since 1988, so I hope you look into his catalogue as well.

Welcome Aboard, Martha

I sure hope you don't limit your Smiths/Morrissey exploration to that one CD - it may contain all their "hits," but there's SO much more.

I would also suggest clicking onto the link below: it's a website dedicated - in part - to nearly every Moz/Smiths interview/article ever published. There, you'll get a glimpse into the wit and personality of Morrissey, as well as a history of the band.

By the way: the link is for Smiths-era interviews; for Morrissey interviews after 1987, go to the bottom of the page and click (duh) "Morrissey Interviews."

Happy reading!

> Hi I'm a new fan, and have bought this album today. The Smiths
> are great. Is there any fan club I could join? I live in
> Maryland.

Opps, Well hello to a fellow MD fan, I'm in Baltimore.

> Hi I'm a new fan, and have bought this album today. The Smiths
> are great. Is there any fan club I could join? I live in
> Maryland.

Hi Martha!

"I'm here with a cause, and I'm holding a torch in the corner of your room, can you hear me?"

This song is in my head today.

"..and when your dancing, and laughing, and finally living, hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly.."

What is your favorite song on that compilation?

..and another thing

> Hi Martha!

> "I'm here with a cause, and I'm holding a torch in the
> corner of your room, can you hear me?"

> This song is in my head today.

> "..and when you're dancing, and laughing, and finally living,
> hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly.."

> What is your favorite song on that compilation?

Three of my favorite Smiths songs are not on there..
1. Handsome Devil
2. Reel Around the Fountian
3. Girl Afraid

I Love Morrissey. He's the butter on my biscuit...and I did it ALL for the biscuit...

Re: ..and another thing

> Three of my favorite Smiths songs are not on there..
> 1. Handsome Devil
> 2. Reel Around the Fountian
> 3. Girl Afraid

I'd like to see
)Jeane
)Wonderful Woman

I don't know about the rest of the world but all the Smiffs cds over here are on sale for mid price. I don't understand big record labels.

Re: Martha and the Greatest Hits.. Far away in time..

Hi Maryland Martha..

You will get countless pieces of advice and opinions.. but the sentiment for teh Old School Smiths fans is buy the original works.. The Greatest hits are all well and good but the real jewels in the SMiths (and Morrissey) crown can be found in the original albums..

'Rusholme Ruffians'
'What She Said'
'Barbarism Begins at Home'
'Pretty Girls Make Graves'
'London'
'Sweete And Tender Hooligan'..

If you are yet to meet these works of art.. you will be a very satisfied girl indeed!

You're not the Martha of the Muffins by the way are you!! Wouldn't that be something!

Welcome, Ruffian.

Re: Martha and the Greatest Hits.. Far away in time..

> You're not the Martha of the Muffins by the way are you!!
> Wouldn't that be something!

I would hope that such 80s mainstays as Martha and her Muffins would be well-versed in their Smiths knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom