The Very Best of Morrissey with Bonus DVD 25th April

Moonriver (extended 9:39 version) is in the approximately top 20 of his solo releases? I like it and all but is it really one of the best of the best? Time wise they could have added two or three other songs in it's place.

Does that mean vinyl only? Noooo! Why, oh why?

Yes, I'm equally confused. Am I to understand the CD single will not have both unreleased songs?! I'm not buying the new "Very Wonderful Hits" because I could burn a copy of it tonight if I so desired. I would buy the CD single, but not if it only has one bonus track. My days of spending $12 for an import CD single are over.

Any mention of remastering any of the material? I was burning a compilation for a friend the other day (proselytizing for Moz), and I noticed songs from his older albums the sound volume dips quite dramatically compared to the newer albums. If the songs were remastered, eh, I might buy it.

The whole thing is just bizarre. I like "Break Up the Family" as much as the next person, but to include it on "The Very Best of Morrissey" seems to be a real stretch. The 9 minute version of "Moonriver?" Really?

Also, I get it: vinyl is cool and trendy, but please meet the consumer half way: most of us don't have USB turntables, and I'm not buying one for a 7" single with a single unreleased track.

Oh, Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey... I'm not digging out my old turntable for one extra B-side! Like most people, I play all my music digitally now. I'd buy the vinyl if there was a download code for the track (as lots of other artists do), but as there's no mention of that, and it didn't happen with the 'Refusal' B-sides, I have no reason to believe this will occur now. Very disappointing... :(

Morrissey has always made some bizarre compilation tracklisting choices, even back to the days of The Smiths... I guess it's the price EMI paid for getting his 'approval' on this...

I'm sure that some people here have that vinyl only b-side on cd already. Maybe one of them could be persuaded to leak a wav rip of this track once the vinyl is out and the song no longer falls under the "strictly confidential" category.

Last edited:
I only didn't like that it has loads of songs which are on all Morrisssey's compilations - and even on Bona Drag.
Are there many other unreleased tracks?

The whole thing is just bizarre. I like "Break Up the Family" as much as the next person, but to include it on "The Very Best of Morrissey" seems to be a real stretch.

"I'm in love for the first time, and I don't feel bad." :blushing:

I predicted this months ago, but my idea was better. It feels like they've taken my idea as a fawning Moz fan and just taken a steamy EMI shaped shit on it.

Are these his VERY best songs?

I'm sure Kewpie will unearth that thread where I envisioned a nice plush legacy boxset with his very best songs.

Honestly, it's 2011. Why still release rare tracks only on vinyl? It's totally silly.

Because he's emotionally smitten with vinyl and can't understand why other people might not be.

Because he's emotionally smitten with vinyl and can't understand why other people might not be.
I'm emotionally smitten with Morrissey and can't understand why other people might not be ;)

Back
Top Bottom