The Venues - what kind of places are these?

You can use ignore function for users you don't like.

Actually you're the one mentioned about a woman's remark about the subject.

I mention someone's opinion/attitude (a negative opinion) and its ok for someone to nod and type at the same time in agreement.

Some (relatively new) users do not aware of TOS, better inform them before the things got worse.

It is an awful shame that some British users tend to use such crude words so casually.

What the hell is this? Based on the remark handed down I decided to call him a c*** as I was suitably unimpressed with his post. I apologise for not following the guidelines...as for the language, and oversensitive ears...not knowing the TOS, being british....WTF?

Chill out mate, you said that you knew he's only kidding.

There was a question mark at the end of that sentence (so i assume he's kidding...and not being rude?)
would you mind if I went back to watching In Bruges on Film4? There might be a version for delicate ears you could watch on Nickelodeon if you don't like dialogue such as

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/quotes?qt=qt0477219

see you at Inverness and York, maybe Hawick as well

Okay, I'm considering Hawick now too. Is there a train station there? If not, does anybody know what the best (and cheapest!) way of getting there is? Also, if any kind soul out there knows of a (cheap!) place to stay there as well, that would be brilliant. I think if I can sort it out I'll definitely go, I reckon it'll be an epic night.

Okay, I'm considering Hawick now too. Is there a train station there? If not, does anybody know what the best (and cheapest!) way of getting there is? Also, if any kind soul out there knows of a (cheap!) place to stay there as well, that would be brilliant. I think if I can sort it out I'll definitely go, I reckon it'll be an epic night.

sistasheila kindly posted info on page 23 of 2011 Tour thread:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/113478-2011-Tour?p=1986630004#post1986630004

If I go to Hawick I am gonna need a ticket for Dunfermline too. It would be rude to just pass thru between Inverness and Hawick.

Thanks for the link Kewpie, I think getting there and back will be a case of getting the National Express coach from London Victoria to Edinburgh, and then a bus from Edinburgh to Hawick. Unless anyone from daaaan' saaaaf' is driving there at all? I'd give monies, of course :)

Edit - Coach from London to Melrose overnight seems like a good idea, then Melrose to Hawick on the bus (presiming there is a bus running). Waiting on some emails back re: cheap places to stay in Hawick, if not, might get a taxi to Melrose again and stay at the youth hostel there. Hmm, it's gonna be a bloody hassle and I'll no doubt be knackered, but I reckon it's gonna be a quality night.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Kewpie, I think getting there and back will be a case of getting the National Express coach from London Victoria to Edinburgh, and then a bus from Edinburgh to Hawick. Unless anyone from daaaan' saaaaf' is driving there at all? I'd give monies, of course :)

Edit - Coach from London to Melrose overnight seems like a good idea, then Melrose to Hawick on the bus (presiming there is a bus running). Waiting on some emails back re: cheap places to stay in Hawick, if not, might get a taxi to Melrose again and stay at the youth hostel there. Hmm, it's gonna be a bloody hassle and I'll no doubt be knackered, but I reckon it's gonna be a quality night.

you could also stay in jedburgh , not too far away , or selkirk . I got a b&b for 3 attendees for 80 english pounds just out of hawick . I am drivin up from newcastle and have room for 2 more in the car but accomodation would be up to you . lookin to leave about 1pm if anyone needs a ride .

Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

Hawick exile here.

The 95/X95 is the last bus north out of Hawick at 2310 (I think!) on a Tuesday but terminates in Galashiels. Nothing goes south at that time of night.

Glasvegas played the same venue earlier in the year and local B&B accomodation sold out. It's a town of 15,000 or so, so hardly awash with accomodation options. Your other options are to maybe get a taxi to Selkirk or Galashiels for B&B there, or search for B&B options in some of the villages just outside the town. Try Denholm, Ancrum, Lilliesleaf or here:

http://www.mosspaulinn.com/

Be wary of any London > Hawick bus routes, etc. There's def. nothing direct. All terminate at either Carlisle or Edinburgh and require an additional journey onwards. There did used to be a London bus that passed through Jedburgh (ie. about 10 miles away) but no longer sure of its status.

So in summary, just check you're not stranded in the town after the gig. Public transport out is v. limited (one bus just after 11) and it won't get you back to Edinburgh or Carlisle.

I'll suggest pubs, etc nearer the time.

There speaks a true fan.Good luck

Cheers for all the help guys. I've booked the ticket so no going back now. Does anybody know if there is a regular bus from Jedburgh to Hawick on a tuesday? I've found accommodation in Hawick and can get a coach from London to Jedburgh, so as long as I can get a bus from Hawick to Jedburgh on the tuesday and on the way back to Jedburgh early on the wednesday then I'll be sorted! Thanks again!

Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

Be wary of any London > Hawick bus routes, etc. There's def. nothing direct. All terminate at either Carlisle or Edinburgh and require an additional journey onwards. There did used to be a London bus that passed through Jedburgh (ie. about 10 miles away) but no longer sure of its status.

So in summary, just check you're not stranded in the town after the gig. Public transport out is v. limited (one bus just after 11) and it won't get you back to Edinburgh or Carlisle.

I'll suggest pubs, etc nearer the time.

theres one right next door

Is Perth really all seated? Say it ain't so. Also, is City Hall the actual name of the venue, or is it the Perth CONCERT hall? All I've been able to find on the Perth CITY hall are a bunch of articles on it's apparently imminent demolition...

Back
Top Bottom