The Vatican says that Darwinism is compatible with Christianity

So that proves that evolution didn't happen at all then.

Of course Darwinism is compatible with Christianity...it just isn't compatible with Bible literalism. Or do you have to believe that everything in the Bible literally happened in order to be a Christian? That wasn't my impression, but maybe I'm wrong.

Of course Darwinism is compatible with Christianity...it just isn't compatible with Bible literalism. Or do you have to believe that everything in the Bible literally happened in order to be a Christian? That wasn't my impression, but maybe I'm wrong.

The basis of Christianity is that the Bible is the word of God.
So as much as the Christians like to pretend that the Old Testament was a mistake that baby Jesus came to fix, the basis of Christianity still means that the whole Bible is the word of God.

Luckily, even though "The law of the Lord is perfect - Psalm 19:7", people still ignore most of them and they make some up, like "no boys kissing" or "thou shall not commit abortions" and they focus just on those. They forgot all about the stoning of people who work on the Sabbath, or the killing of those to believe in other gods, or the killing of those who commit adultery.

So be careful... if you doubt the word God, you might be denying the existence of the Holy Spirit, which is the only unforgivable sin. ohhhh scawwy

It's nice to see the Catholic Church enter the modern era. OK, they're only up to 1850 but still...

Modern era? The Catholic Church only accepted the fact that Galileo Galilei was right about the Earth being round and revolving around the Sun in October 1992.

That puts them sometime in the mid 1600's.

Around here, the way the catholic church has handled child molesting priests: move the
priest to a new church in a new town. End of.

It's only been in the last few years that they've been held accountable. But who knows
how many are really...we only know about the ones they choose to expose.

Modern era? The Catholic Church only accepted the fact that Galileo Galilei was right about the Earth being round and revolving around the Sun in October 1992.

That puts them sometime in the mid 1600's.

It was a sarcastic reference to On the Origin of Species being published in the mid nineteenth century. But your point still stands.

Yeah. Duh.

:thumb:

I find that science has always supported Christianity. Yes, physics and all.

How???

Btw, I actually think that Intelligence Design is a good theory, I just don't like that it's used by certain extremists to try to impose their views on others (mainly children) ... but yeah, definitely don't think that everything just happened out of chance like the Athiests claim :straightface:

How???

Btw, I actually think that Intelligence Design is a good theory, I just don't like that it's used by certain extremists to try to impose their views on others (mainly children) ... but yeah, definitely don't think that everything just happened out of chance like the Athiests claim :straightface:

Yeah exactly. I love math. And I like odds. And the mathematical odds of that happening..... :rolleyes:

Children grow up. They eventually make their own decisions. You did. I did. We all did. If you wanna look at it like that, I would like for teachers to explain to students that life is never fair from the very beginning of school!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah exactly. I love math. And I like odds. And the mathematical odds of that happening..... :rolleyes:

Children grow up. They eventually make their own decisions. You did. I did. We all did. If you wanna look at it like that, I would like for teachers to explain to students that life is never fair from the very beginning of school!

I'll write in response tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep, for now......

intelligent_design.jpg
:thumb:

How???

No. Atheists don't "claim" that everything just happened out of chance.
We claim that we don't know what happened. And you don't know either. And the Pope doesn't either. And no ancient book does either.

I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows. So stop worrying and enjoy life.

I find that science has always supported Christianity. Yes, physics and all.

It doesn't. Never did.

According to the Bible:
• Unicorns are real. - Isaiah 34:7, Numbers 23:32 and 24:8
• Dragons are real. - Isaiah 13:21-22
• The moon produces its own light and the earth does not move. - Isaiah 13:10
• God set the earth on a foundation... therefore, it does not move. - Hebrews 1:10
• Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes. - Genesis 1:14-19
• If you are sick, rely on the power of prayer. It works every time. - James 5:14-15
• Those who disbelieve in the Bible's creation and flood stories are "willingly ignorant." - 2 Peter 3:5
• People who cannot speak are possessed with devils. - Luke 11:14 and Mathew 9:39
• The world is flat and has four corners. - Ezekiel 7:2
• Droughts happen because of sin. - Kings 8:35

So yeah... Christians like to say that science supports Christianity. It's cute, but the truth is: It doesn't.

Tags
apostates are boring atheists just need a hug christianism = atheism creationism darwinism intelligent design it's getting old buzz pope think 4 yourselves! vatican where brooklyn at ?! where brooklyn at?
Back
Top Bottom