the UK Papal visit

People often try to undermine the CofE by saying it was only created because Henry wanted a wife but that's not true.

100% correct. Henry also wanted the Church's gold and land to replenish his treasury.

Also whilst it is true that Henry VIII's marital capers were the catalyst for religious reform in the UK it is wrong to reduce it to merely the actions of one man.People often try to undermine the CofE by saying it was only created because Henry wanted a wife but that's not true.
Well because it is true.It was an action of"one man",Henry was an absolute monarch-you know what it means,and executed Thomas More for treason after he opposed his marriage and the Act of Supremacy.It wasnt a democracy but a feudal state.Well only Anne Boleyn demanded marriage other king's mistresses had their title,maitresse-en -titre sort of style,etc.and thats all.

Last edited:
You're all wrong.

Let my friend Eddie explain:

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion on Protestants is the same like Talleyrand's:"England has three sauces and 360 religions, France has 360 sauces and three religions...":lbf:Just kidding:)

edit:but this saying could be true about the U.S.-with this strange pastor who wanted to burn Koran and those tv preachers-this is strange thing really,looks like in the U.S every idiot can found the church-Scientology,Mormons etc.and this tv preachers institution-what this?-never heard of it before-weird people really.

Last edited:
Really?So quote me the encyclical.

Well, for one:

“Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil; thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder. Therefore special concern and pastoral attention should be directed to those who have this condition, lest they be led to believe that the living out of this orientation in homosexual activity is a morally acceptable option. It is not.”

If you somehow consider that "tolerant," or "loving," or "compassionate," than you are obviously blinded by his bullshit rhetoric.

Well, for one:

“Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil; thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder. Therefore special concern and pastoral attention should be directed to those who have this condition, lest they be led to believe that the living out of this orientation in homosexual activity is a morally acceptable option. It is not.”

If you somehow consider that "tolerant," or "loving," or "compassionate," than you are obviously blinded by his bullshit rhetoric.

wait... are you suggesting the Pope is homophobic? That's absolutely not true. All his friends love little boys.

I'd like to see the world rid of those dirty priests who have abused
children and been allowed to get away with it.....

Of all the bad men, religious bad men are the worst - C.S. Lewis

Well, for one:

And?How is it intolerant?Tolerance and acceptance are 2different words.And what is the Protestant church view on this(or Protestant churches :rolleyes:)?They use the same Bible right?Protestants use it all the time actually.Personally i think that it should be changed.

Last edited:
And?How is it intolerant?Tolerance and acceptance are 2different words.And what is the Protestant church view on this(or Protestant churches :rolleyes:)?They use the same Bible right?Protestants use it all the time actually.Personally i think that it should be changed.

Hold on, you asked him to quote, he did, and you don't like it.

Religious dogma of this nature, like wife-beating, shitting out of a window, and hanging are vestiges of a former age. We know better now. Religion that comforts people and has no effect on any others other than the person that believes is 100% fine. Who is anyone to tell anyone else what to think in their own head? When it starts affecting people who did not ask for it or cannot defend themselves, then it begins to acquire a bad smell, and I get angry.

P.

Has American Psychiatric Association apologized for putting homsexuality on the mental disorders list?APA removed homosexuality from its diagnostic list of mental disorders only in 1973.For me this is intolerant,so non-church institutions have a lot of to apologize here.

Has American Psychiatric Association apologized for putting homsexuality on the mental disorders list?APA removed homosexuality from its diagnostic list of mental disorders only in 1973.For me this is intolerant,so non-church institutions have a lot of to apologize here.

desp.png

Nice quote,too bad that C.S.Lewis was a paedophile.

I have never heard this before and did some looking prior to making this reply and have not found anything other than blog posts that say such. Where do you get this information?

Re: dohhhhhhh

:rolleyes:

Do you know you've mistaken C.S. Lewis and Lewis Caroll?
??hm..Wait,i will have to check it....

edit:Nah, im not mistaken he was a paedophile.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom