The truth according to whom

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
Chris Carmichael - Lance Armstrong coach.
“This is the only thing I’ll say about that,” he said. “In 20 years, I never saw him use any banned substances, and in my eyes, seeing is believing.”

I was reading an older article this morning, Lance Armstrong testified that his long time coach knew of his doping. Chris provided the above statement. The truth according to Chris, is he never saw it, which may be his truth, but it says nothing about his knowledge of doping. Hence I would think he is deceitful because he did not answer the question that was asked.

The truth according to whom. I often ask this question to myself when ever I am talking to somebody. We all lie, we want things obscured from social view. But if it is a serious question, this review helps me get past the deflection and focus on what may be the real matter at hand. Am I being deceived. Whether boyfriends, girlfriends, business associates, new friends, whatever. If I think someone is deceitful, I just take note and understand how close I can get or whether it's worth the time. With family I will challenge the truth in those statements to get to the heart quicker. But otherwise in person, I might never let you know I've heard such a loaded statement from them. I find it is hard for me to lie to someone.

I think Morrissey is a truth according to him type guy.

Are you able to catch it when someone does this to you? Do you hear it but don't recognize that the question you asked was not answered?

Chris Carmichael - Lance Armstrong coach.
“This is the only thing I’ll say about that,” he said. “In 20 years, I never saw him use any banned substances, and in my eyes, seeing is believing.”

I was reading an older article this morning, Lance Armstrong testified that his long time coach knew of his doping. Chris provided the above statement. The truth according to Chris, is he never saw it, which may be his truth, but it says nothing about his knowledge of doping. Hence I would think he is deceitful because he did not answer the question that was asked.

The truth according to whom. I often ask this question to myself when ever I am talking to somebody. We all lie, we want things obscured from social view. But if it is a serious question, this review helps me get past the deflection and focus on what may be the real matter at hand. Am I being deceived. Whether boyfriends, girlfriends, business associates, new friends, whatever. If I think someone is deceitful, I just take note and understand how close I can get or whether it's worth the time. With family I will challenge the truth in those statements to get to the heart quicker. But otherwise in person, I might never let you know I've heard such a loaded statement from them. I find it is hard for me to lie to someone.

I think Morrissey is a truth according to him type guy.

Are you able to catch it when someone does this to you? Do you hear it but don't recognize that the question you asked was not answered?
"Morrissey is a truth"?
What on earth does that mean when it's at home?

There are many reasons that the truth is not seen, I could detail all the ones that people commonly list, but there is one that I think happens far more often then most people realize and that can have disastrous consequences when it is misinterpreted.
It's hard to describe but I will try while my ice cream melts just enough that I can get some into a bowl.
simply put:
"Our brains lie to us all the time." :eek:
this happens because we remember things wrong, or think we know something we don't or repeat something we heard from someone else, but when we say it we do so like we really know it and we don't
on and on again shit like this happens
in the postmodern world we live in there is just too much information and that stuff gets all jumbled in our heads
some more than others, but people should not think of it as others lying to them, or that you told a lie
often that really is just too harsh, the fact is people are simply mistaken for one reason or another in the things they say
hell, I've seen people say one thing but know they meant another, a total disconnect between brain and mouth
but if you don't worry about such abstract things like "the truth" or "terrible lies"
well, you might find a way to muddle through this confusing old world filled with so much over exposure to
blah, blah, blah, bleck
Puking.gif

Absolutely I can catch it. When details matter, a person must learn to be specific.
Questions must be asked in such a way as to not allow any wiggle room.
Of course, sometimes people choose not to ask the right questions because they don't necessarily want to know the truth.

On another note, Chris Carmichael sounds like a real cover his ass type of douche bag.

Passive aggressives are experts at this. Cryptic and vague responses. It gives them an out. A way of backpedaling if your response or the outcome was not the one they anticipated. They are not straight shooters. They are masters at throwing curve balls. Uno has me using sports analogies now. Yikes. Next I will be blogging about family values. :D

Of course, sometimes people choose not to ask the right questions because they don't necessarily want to know the truth.

So true, they deceived themselves

- - - Updated - - -

Uno has me using sports analogies now. Yikes. Next I will be blogging about family values. :D

next ill be using emoticons :thumb:

I teach children how to write a proper sentence all the time, don't see the need to do it here.

So true, they deceived themselves

- - - Updated - - -

next ill be using emoticons :thumb:
I think you mean I'll :o and yeah, you could spice up your writing with some smilies perhaps :guitar:
unless sometimes droning on and on is working for you :flamethrow:
:p

Back
Top Bottom