The troll button

Discussion in 'Site Feedback / Suggestions' started by 12" on the slack, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Calamine Lotion

Calamine Lotion Well-Known Member

I can just see it. They could recruit a few of the regulars to downvote the debunkers and pay them in leftover tour merchandise. Then when the package of t-shirts is "lost" in delivery, the disgruntled former mozbots can expose Morrissey's social media strategy. Front page articles, TTY denunciations, maybe another lawsuit!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

ugh, instead of a troll button can we have a lame button?

• Redundant Redundant x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a good troll for you if in your opinion, it is so...

BENNY LOVES MORRISSEY
    HE HAS POSTERS OF HIM IN HIS ROOM
    HE'S SECRELTY A VEGAN AND HIDES IT
    HE IS ALSO HOMOSEXUAL (good on ya benny)
    HE LIKES IT UP THE ARSE WITH HIS BRUMMIEBOY
    DAVID AND THE OTHERS WATCH AND WISH THEY WERE THERE

(Insert name, flag and knife)

How's that?

4. evennow

evennow So, console me. Otherwise, hold me Subscriber

Good idea. It could be named rifke! ;) :laughing: :tiphat:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. countthree

countthree Obvious person

You are so cheap you believe others are like you. Nobody recruits me, I can pay all the merchandise I like and I'm not the beggar's type of person. The haters tagged me as a mozbot because I'm a fan of Morrissey and I say what I think. That's why I receive negative ratings from the group of haters.
    I respect the work of David on this site, because it has the better information about Morrissey. But I don't understand, unless it's a twisted marketing tactic beyond my comprehension, the bitchy critics and the needy request of support from Morrissey towards this site expressed by some members. As far as I know this site has ads. The bootlicking of some mods towards David is shameful and makes me think someone from England is using this site to take a personal revenge against Morrissey. I sincerely hope it's only bootlicking. On the contrary it would be ethically complicated.
    Some people here are making a career harassing a singer who writes what he thinks. For them that's the worst sin of this miserable world. They excuse all kind of classist parasites, killers, torture, hungry, contamination, war criminals, pedophiles, etc., but they spend their lives criticizing a singer. How sick is that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  6. 12" on the slack

12" on the slack outrightly laughing

I do realise that the rating system is being used ironically (I even do that myself sometimes – you see I don’t really think that Marred is insightful or that Countthree is funny). That’s not what this is about though.

I have lived enough and dealt with enough horrors to judge what's important in life and what's not and when to see a therapist. I can assure you that getting a negative rating on a fan forum of a formerly relevant pop singer is not what keeps me awake at night.

But for some reason I am finding myself browsing these forums a lot lately, just like you, and no, in the big scheme of things none of this is very important (so please don't patronise me, you’re not the only one with life experience), but we do all add our tuppence here and there, and I added mine (in the site feedback / suggestions sub-forum nonetheless, not the “most-important-things-in-the-life-of-a-gay-Swedish-widower” one). My original post wasn’t even about me – I have quite few negative ratings – it’s just something I have noticed in general.

There are two handfuls of people who carry this forum (and I’m not including myself here), and there are some people who post very little (or at least very little of substance) themselves but who dish out lots and lots of negative ratings. I think that’s tedious, cowardly and annoying. I'm tired of these jackasses who have nothing to contribute but ad homs and ratings.

I do not see how, when one person posts twice a year but hits the troll button forty times in one night (out of spite or because they merely disagree with another opinion), how that makes the forum a more open, more interesting, fairer and more fun place for everyone or how stripping said person off their rating privileges and forcing them to articulate what they are so angry about would constitute censorship. If I sat around at work all day doing nothing but attack the ones who do work my (gorgeous) arse would be gone quite quickly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. rifke

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi 12"
    Fear not the troll button, for it is a sign of weakness.
    Turn the other cheek and laugh out loud.
    For you are the victor.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

L O L @ Irish pigshit :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Calamine Lotion

I don't think I've downvoted your posts. If I did it was a while ago. It's usually better to ignore people that consistently irritate you and I don't normally see your posts. Wear your negative ratings with pride I guess. At least someone cares about your opinion.

This has nothing to do with me but I do think it calls for a new rating button. Maybe "Serious Business" or "Caution: Tinfoil Hat Area." :crazy:
    I don't think pointing out some flaw in Morrissey's publicly expressed opinions is harassment, and I don't think it means that people who do so care only about that. You list all these problems and yet you're upset about some group of people that disagree with your favorite pop star's opinions? How sick it that?
    Just put me on ignore. I don't mind if you forget me. :thumb:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. No1uno

No1uno Member of the Month™ Subscriber

Well this has really given me a pause. I thought words could only express the trials and tribulations of no1uno. I head the power of the button and will be expressing myself with the majestic pounding of the appropriate icon.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. rifke

i'd also like to put in a request for a "what the fuck are you on about, son?" button. i feel like it would get a lot of use.

• Like Like x 2
  12. No1uno

I kind of see it like this. This is a skeptics website, not a morrissey website.

Skeptic
    "a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual. a person who maintains a doubting attitude, as toward values, plans, statements, or the character of others"

If you have any skeptic in you, some of the so called "hate" post make some very intriguing and well thought out arguments. Read them see if they square, and adopt or drop. If you have no skeptic in you, none of the things should bother you because the issue cannot be questioned. I know they do bother some people and I'm not trying to minimize that. It's just that "it" is allowed here so I pray it doesn't negatively affect anyone.

I like the morrissey appreciative comments a lot, especially when someone shares how a song help them (many have helped me too). On he other side of this coin is I get one hell of a giggle sometimes of the funny shit that is written by supposed "haters".

I think it's the oppressors trying to opress the oppressors when it comes to being able to freely express yourself. Did you ever think that it may give great joy for people to express themselves, good or bad, and they can do that here.

"Your not right in the head.....this is why I like you"

• Like Like x 2
  13. countthree

countthree Obvious person

I don't know if you downvoted my posts. I don't usually follow your voting process as much as to notice your behaviour towards my opinions. I'm talking about a general situation, wich exists and I honestly don't specially care about, save for the fact that it shows how the haters behave: like a gang of bullies.

Moreover your sayings about people you call "mozbots" and I call fans, admirers or just followers, accusing them of receiving cheap things or aspiring to receive cheap things in exchange of opinions given in this site, is at least insulting and -I repeat- your words talk much more about you and your way of life than about the people you intend to insult with your mean and sickening words.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Calamine Lotion

Why are you talking to me about "a general situation?" You misunderstood a joke that wasn't even anything to do with you and now you're having a dramatic meltdown. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. "I can see it now" is a phrase that means "imagine if this were to occur," basically. You're mad because I used the word "mozbots" and think that makes me a bully, so you and your self absorbed, boring friend with the rabbit avatar decide to gang up and downvote my post? This is why you're a mozbot. You don't have good sense. If you don't like me... etc. You know the words.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. rifke

that's funny that you interpret her post as her having "a dramatic meltdown"; it seemed very calm and in proportion to me. on the other hand, what is disproportionate is your assertion that countthree and i are "ganging up" on you because we both, on an individual basis, judged your post as being worthy of a negative vote. for future reference, does this mean that if i see a post that i think deserves a negative vote, but which already has a negative vote, that i cant give it one myself for fear that the twice downvoted person will think the two of us are ganging up on him?

sadly, your joke wasnt funny; in fact, contrary to what evennow (whose early glowing praise toward my writing style you may have noted, but whose praise, unlike you, i wasnt really fussed about maintaining, since i had him pegged at the outset as the kind of guy who writes in sentence fragments while thinking he's being profound) says, your jokes never ARE funny. all they serve to do is provide mounting evidence of the ugly personality that saturates everything you say. you cant blame someone if they were eventually to take offence. countthree is the loveliest, most civil person around: your speaking to her this way just proves how out of line you are, and always have been. yours is the kind of behaviour morrissey might say is... hmm... regrettable.

p.s. it's a bunny in my avatar. got that? a bunny. hmph.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Calamine Lotion

You're saying you feel a negative post rating is harassment that may lead to suicide and yet you rate posts negatively? What kind of monster are you? :drama:

Or maybe you're just overly dramatic and insincere.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  17. Calamine Lotion

There isn't a "mozbot" rating so "redundant" is the best I could do.

"though I'd like to add.. ' a fan forum of a formerly relevant pop singer' 'formerly relevant' ? Well he must still be relevant to you if you keep visiting this forum."

Now this has been posted in various forms a million times. I removed the rating on the other one to show I'm fair. :thumb: But you do constantly go on about people posting anonymously and it does get redundant.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. No1uno

To satisfy all involved, can we rename some rating buttons. It looks like if we put a "Mozbot" and "Hater" button it should bring harmony as people could express themselves.

I'm serious David, can you rename the buttons?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. 12" on the slack

12" on the slack outrightly laughing

Love you, Benny the BB. :kissingheart:

Also, I haven't seen any evidence of Calamine Lotion having an "ugly personality". Rifke however.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  20. evennow

evennow So, console me. Otherwise, hold me Subscriber

It's like the Sharks and the Jets up in this b*tch. :thumb:

• Funny Funny x 1