The top 10 best things Morrissey has said and done

people on here aren't interested in the good things he says and does,only the bad.
he gave a sizeable donation to a music against racism concert he was performing at,the day was to be cancelled until m came to the rescue.im sure somebody on here will have a better recollection of it than I have.

Well, there was the donation to the Salford Lads club ....20000 I think? The Ramsay settlement went to PETA. He donated the WPINOYB drumhead to the Gentle Barn. Those three are off the top of my head.

If I could stick my pen in my heart
And spill it all over the stage
Would it satisfy ya, would it slide on by ya
Would you think the boy is strange?
Ain't he strange?
If I could win ya, if I could sing ya
A love song so divine
Would it be enough for your cheating heart
If I broke down and cried?
If I cried?
I said I know it's only rock 'n' roll but I like it
I know it's only rock 'n' roll but I like it, like it, yes, I do
Oh, well, I like it, I like it, I like it
I said can't you see that this old boy has been a lonely?
If I could stick a knife in my heart
Suicide right on stage
Would it be enough for your teenage lust
Would it help to ease the pain?
Ease your brain?
If I could dig down deep in my heart
Feelings would flood on the page
Would it satisfy ya, would it slide on by ya
Would ya think the boy's insane?
He's insane....

and so on.

WAS SAD BUT ALL TBE REJECTION SHE HAD

TO PRETEND TO BE HAPPY, WOULD ONLY BE IDIOCY

I SMOKE BECAUSE I’M HOPING FOR AN EARLY DEATH

IT TOOK A TATTOOD BOY FROM BIRKENHEAD TO REALLY OPEN HER EYES

I'm going with in no particular order, Well I Wonder, Please, Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, There is a Light That Never Goes Out, I Know It's Over, What She Said/Rubber Ring medley, I Won't Share You, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me, Suedehead, Everyday is like Sunday, The Headmaster Ritual.

I'm going with in no particular order, Well I Wonder, Please, Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, There is a Light That Never Goes Out, I Know It's Over, What She Said/Rubber Ring medley, I Won't Share You, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me, Suedehead, Everyday is like Sunday, The Headmaster Ritual.
No 'The Boy with a Thorn and all that" Charles?

dressed like a priest

No 'The Boy with a Thorn and all that" Charles?

To be honest Peter, throughout The Smiths catalogue there are literally two or three songs I'm not mad on, so you could pick any ten from the rest. Off the top of my head though, if I was stuck on a desert island right now, those are what I'd pick.

Nice choices - though I've never been too fussed on The Headmaster Ritual as it is slightly one-dimensional in a way the other songs aren't. I think there are ten equally great songs from the solo years out there (I know you included Suedehead and Sunday.) As for ten other solo greats, I really rate: Seasick Yet Still Docked, I Know It's Gonna Happen, Tomorrow, Jack The Ripper, Now My Heart Is Full, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Speedway, Nobody Loves Us, Trouble Loves Me, Lost... and I've already hit the limit before the comeback albums.

“What those in power do to you
Reminds us at a glance
How humans hate each others guts
And show it given a chance

We never say aloud the things
That we say in our prayers
Cause no one cares...

We all loose
Rich or poor, we all loose
Rich or poor, they all loose”

The whole song is fantastic but this is he part I love

The trouble is there are too many good songs to think of, Smiths or Solo.

Agree with you 100%!
And would replace the word “trouble” with (great) “pleasure”as to give it the delight it deserves. :thumb:

Filling his songs with references to other artists like an impossible collage. My favourite is his homage to Lautréamont in "November Spawned a Monster".

"And no reason
To talk about the books I read
But still, I do
"

Filling his songs with references to other artists like an impossible collage. My favourite is his homage to Lautréamont in "November Spawned a Monster".

"And no reason
To talk about the books I read
But still, I do
"

Sounds more like Sister I'm a Poet but a similar (well Bona Drag) era and a great song - forgiven!

Back
Top Bottom