The Thrills, My Morning Jacket, The Rapture...

> Any info on these bands?

My Morning Jacket hails from my current place of residence, Louisville, KY. They're kind of...mellow, dreamy, haunting, though they look like a bunch of hippies. The singer's voice reminds me of Neil Young, but he uses so much echo and reverb, that it gives his vocals an ethereal sound.

Don't get me wrong - they can rawk out a bit, too...but they're like a cross between shoegazer and alt.country, if you can imagine such a thing.

Hope
this
helps.

The Thrills are very dull. They hail from Dublin but all of their songs seem to be about the West Coast of America; Santa Cruz, San Diego, Las Vegas etc. Their singer has a poor voice. They are marginally more interesting live.

I like The Rapture. Their single House Of Jealous Lovers is a must. You can dance to it, it has a great bassline. I haven't bought their album yet, but I will.

No info about My Morning Jacket, sorry.

THE THRILLS ARE INCREDIBLE , I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THEIR ALBUM. I WILL SEE THEM NOVEMBER 6. ANYONE KNOW HOW THEY ARE LIVE?

> THE THRILLS ARE INCREDIBLE , I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THEIR ALBUM. I WILL
> SEE THEM NOVEMBER 6. ANYONE KNOW HOW THEY ARE LIVE?

far better than on record. The singer has a lot of energy.

Lucky Lucky you!!!!

The Thrills are very good live indeed. They dont have all that much material so expect them to play a lot of the album, but I saw them at the Leeds festival last month and they were amazing!

Not a very active crowd unless you get to the front so if you're into bouncing like a loon I suggest you grab that barrier with all your might and stake your claim at the front of the crowd. Otherwise, standing towards the back is good coz no one really moves and you can get a better view.

Brilliant though.

> THE THRILLS ARE INCREDIBLE , I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THEIR ALBUM. I WILL
> SEE THEM NOVEMBER 6. ANYONE KNOW HOW THEY ARE LIVE?

tHANKS FOR THE INPUT. I WIONDER HOW THE SHOW WILL BE. IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT MANY PEOPLE REALLY KNOW WHO THEY ARE OUT HERE IN THE S.F. BAY AREA. THEY ARE PLAYING A 300 CAPACITY CLUB WITH A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM SO IT SHOULD BE GOOD.

> Lucky Lucky you!!!!

> The Thrills are very good live indeed. They dont have all that much
> material so expect them to play a lot of the album, but I saw them at the
> Leeds festival last month and they were amazing!

I was there. That bloody banana kept getting in the way.

I didnt see that!
I was "attacked" by a giant blue infaltable whale...
Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me and it was really a banana!!

> I was there. That bloody banana kept getting in the way.

if you can see MMJ live,

then DO. Their records are pretty good, but they don't capture the group's grit and synergy. MMJ's great live band

Back
Top Bottom