The Thread for Smart People

in case anyone needs me ill be busy for the next lil while trying to incorporate the terms desiderata , proustian rush, different gravy and chiaroscuro into my novel! laters!!

i dedicate this sonnet (written not by me but by one w.shakespeare (but then i hardly need tell the denizens of the smart people thread THAT)) to dreamyneil!!!!

Why don’t you just interact with the people you like, and leave the rest by the wayside? As multiple people have rightly repeatedly pointed out to you and also to redacted, there is a history here of conversations and of relationships that goes back years and years and years, and while you may have witnessed some unattractive behavior, you’ve taken it upon yourself to insert yourself into conversations and relationships where with your own broad strokes you also did nothing but fan a bunch of flames - which i’m sure everyone but LH preferred when they were (at long last, finally) quiet embers. But then, nothing good ever lasts.

In any case, Cala doesn’t give a shit about rifke. Rifke is equally fine with that, in turn. They both know how to have a conversation with one another whenever they both feel like it. And LH not only knows how to function here and has her own fan club here, but in fact also has her own extremely vast history of drama instigation on this site, which you unknowingly poured gasoline all over. Fine, you weren’t to know. The point is that while you seemingly want to chastise people from a place of good faith, I don’t see how your particular brand of condescending toward people you don’t know from the next random vagrant on the street is supposed to better than anyone else’s. And the reason it isn’t is because life isn’t black and white, and neither are people’s personalities or contributions here.

The only reason I’m commenting about something that had already been rehashed a thousand different ways before either you or redacted took a look and started posting, in case you’re wondering, is because when people (anyone, this goes for LH too for example, not just you) post 15 and 20 minute long monologue video diaries of themselves trying to speak, but in fact ummm-ing and uhhhh-ing and looking at the ceiling while trying to come off as thoughtful but in fact just taking 20 minutes to say what should have taken 2 minutes - then yes, some people will respond to that because they just spent many long minutes of their lives watching something that they can’t rewind, and no one can ask for the minutes of their life back.

Therefore my intelligent contribution to the so called intelligent people’s thread (which I definitely want nothing to do with) is to say that no adults have any business posting video diary monologues on the internet until they can at least speak fluidly.

This is not an attack on anyone, lest this also has to be stipulated. This is a statement of fact because it is also a statement of fact to point out that the video medium and video diary monologue format is not the friend of anyone who hasn’t mastered the art of speaking + thinking at the same time. 20 minute long ummms and uhhhhs and ahhhs are for middle school.
You can please leave me out of this because I have not done what she has or made any videos, maybe this is an instance where you don't know the entire story and I don't really wish to discuss it. Thank you.

i also dedicate this (also by written by the very same w.shakespeare (but then i hardly need tell the denizens of the smart people thread THAT)) to dreamyneil!!

You can please leave me out of this because I have not done what she has or made any videos, maybe this is an instance where you don't know the entire story and I don't really wish to discuss it. Thank you.
Newsflash - given that you’ve chosen to make public posts on a public forum that is accessible to the entire general population of a large part of the entire planet earth, if you post here then you will come across people who may choose to respond to you or who may choose to make comments about any of your posts at any given time

AKA: The Internet

Newsflash - given that you’ve chosen to make public posts on a public forum that is accessible to the entire general population of a large part of the entire planet earth, if you post here then you will come across people who may choose to respond to you or who may choose to make comments about any of your posts at any given time

AKA: The Internet
I am not here to fight, yes I understand how the interwebs work, I am just saying you are doing what you are accusing others of and you have incorrectly ascribed some actions to me. You do not have the entire story, whether you think you saw posts or not.

I am not here to fight, yes I understand how the interwebs work, I am just saying you are doing what you are accusing others of and you have incorrectly ascribed some actions to me. You do not have the entire story, whether you think you saw posts or not.
I don’t need to know any “whole story”. I’m responding to your posts right here, right now. And I’m certainly not interested in your back story.

Your current posts speak perfectly well for themselves. As do mine. And as do anyone else’s. No one needs a further back story from you, in order to be making valid comments on anything you choose to subsequently post. Why does anyone even need to waste their time explaining nonsense like this to you? Well, i think it’s because your posts speak for themselves!

Like this one, for instance, which you posted not 3 minutes ago in the other thread. This is what is colloquially known as shit-stirring:

Like Ms Now has darkened the new thread with yet another attempt to start a fight. You know, maybe this could have been worked out, but she blew it for you. You can thank her for it. Rifke was happily posting in the new thread and now she has absolutely no reason to not to go any thread she wants because your friend started insulting her again for no reason.

Redacted, are you 5 years old? On second thought, don’t answer

I don’t need to know any “whole story”. I’m responding to your posts right here, right now. And I’m certainly not interested in your back story.

Your current posts speak perfectly well for themselves. As do mine. And as do anyone else’s. No one needs a further back story from you, in order to be making valid comments on anything you choose to subsequently post. Why does anyone even need to waste their time explaining nonsense like this to you? Well, i think it’s because your posts speak for themselves!

Like this one, for instance, which you posted not 3 minutes ago in the other thread. This is what is colloquially known as shit-stirring:

Redacted, are you 5 years old? On second thought, don’t answer
It's ok, just keep rambling about something you know nothing about.

Right. So you don’t like it that you’re so transparent that people who don’t even know you have called you out on what has been and continues in instances to be clearly ongoing and disingenuous behavior - because your entire post history is not only public on this site, but people can and HAVE been reading your posts in real time since you started to post on this site - but because tagging me here in a failed attempt to refute a passing comment I made suddenly hasn’t panned out quite as you hoped it would, now all of a sudden seeing and reading your own public posts is somehow insufficient information for anyone to comment on or about any of those said posts, and people should preferably really have much more exhaustive, further non-public information, in order to be fully versed so as to be able to pass any comment on your public posts? Yes?

Not interested.

Right. So you don’t like it that you’re so transparent that people who don’t even know you have called you out on what has been and continues in instances to be clearly ongoing and disingenuous behavior - because your entire post history is not only public on this site, but people can and HAVE been reading your posts in real time since you started to post on this site - but because tagging me here in a failed attempt to refute a passing comment I made suddenly hasn’t panned out quite as you hoped it would, now all of a sudden seeing and reading your own public posts is somehow insufficient information for anyone to comment on or about any of those said posts, and people should preferably really have much more exhaustive, further non-public information, in order to be fully versed so as to be able to pass any comment on your public posts? Yes?

Not interested.

First of all...shhhh... technically I am not qualified to even peruse, let alone post my thoughts on this scintillating thread~ on account of my poor spelling.
But your cool cool mean club over here couldn't more perfectly encapsulate my belabored point from earlier. The non- vapid, non- narcissistic r is uncharacteristically, on puffed up, self- absorbed display...what a sight to behold! How glorious she is eh????
:swearBorn to h- where are you!?!
Ahhh there you are with your worship hearts. All is well now. He adores me- who could blame him?!

Now....she'll probably pretend this was a joke, ramping up her usual MO~to a super- repellent level of reprehensible charm....but even if it's all in jest, it's all a little bit too close to the real r.

Boy does she sure typify everything that's right in the world! Have a look at this⬆️...nearly the entire thread is dominated by the gal who's won many hearts on solo....who was gifted with not only intelligence, and the wittiness needed to effortlessly compose abusive posts; but also... natural charisma!? Unfair!!!
This will be the only time I will post in this thread. I want us both to tend to our art, not feed the trolls. You've made your point, and it's made me learn to not take the bait anymore, because I now know it really hurts you. I'll be practicing an artistic lifestyle. My eyes glaze over to the trolls now. Because you really care. I love you.

This will be the only time I will post in this thread. I want us both to tend to our art, not feed the trolls. You've made your point, and it's made me learn to not take the bait anymore, because I now know it really hurts you. I'll be practicing an artistic lifestyle. My eyes glaze over to the trolls now. Because you really care. I love you.
Sounds like a plan worthy of our time. Creating and expressing authentically and rightfully. Thanks 🙏 I love you too.

Sounds like a plan worthy of our time. Creating and expressing authentically and rightfully. Thanks 🙏 I love you too.
I know you love me too. I could see it in your eyes, in your video, and hear it in your voice. That's why I'm now taking better care of myself.

Back
Top Bottom