the swindon setlist that never was

Boring.

I'm thinking of how other comparable artists on "never ending tours"e.g.Bob Dylan,Elvis Costello and so on
can constantly change set lists,arrangements etc
whilst Moz does seem stuck.

That was all.

:thumb:

Looks like I'd have loved it. I think some people forget that alot of the crowd haven't seen him live dozens of times. Everyone was really in to This Charming Man too, was shaping up to be a great night

Oh, The Loop.

I second that emotion :thumb:

The possibilities of what Moz could do live are great.
Orchestra,with solo piano,with a different backing band ,a residency where he played completely different sets etc...

Well I think we can forget about the piano/orchestra thing. He has said in interviews that he really is a drum, guitar, bas kind of guy and that he would never "sit behind a piano", etc.
Not in those exact words but that's basically the gist of it.

I suppose I'm one of few here (?) that really, REALLY, likes his "new" band. Perhaps I would like to hear more from Jesse as far as songwriting goes. But I think he does a great job live. Muscular and not to respectfull to the original stuff. Very "to the point", without playing oversimplifying.

:thumb:

He could even read the phonebook (and would make wiitty comments because he just is Moz so What ever happens I love Moz

...or just stand there, nod his head, smile, look at the audience and after an hour or so, take his shirt off. I could live with that...:blushing:

So long as he's conscious and, preferably, upright, I'm happy. Then again, a horizontal Morrissey wouldn't be so bad either.

Well I think we can forget about the piano/orchestra thing. He has said in interviews that he really is a drum, guitar, bas kind of guy and that he would never "sit behind a piano", etc.
Not in those exact words but that's basically the gist of it.

Well it would be insane to think of Morrissey sitting behind a piano, of course. I think even with a sole pianist and nothing else would be kind of boring. But an orchestra -- come on, Moz, you can afford it! :thumb:
You can even keep the band with you, just have the orchestra in the pit or whatever :D :nopity:

So long as he's conscious and, preferably, upright, I'm happy. Then again, a horizontal Morrissey wouldn't be so bad either.

Wow, Morrissey has really managed to lower the bar. :D

Actually, I'm rather fond of him when he's conscious and rolling around on the stage - very dramatic. I wonder if he'll stop doing that sort of thing now that he's scared the bejebus out of his audience; we won't know if he's enjoying himself, or having some kind of seizure.*

*I kid because I love.

I think even with a sole pianist and nothing else would be kind of boring.

Evidence for the defence,m'lud :
[youtube]PUBHq5ErVCg&feature=related[/youtube]

(with Steve Nieve,Costello's master keyboardman,I've seen just the two of them do 2hour shows and they're far from boring)

:)

Well it would be insane to think of Morrissey sitting behind a piano, of course. I think even with a sole pianist and nothing else would be kind of boring. But an orchestra -- come on, Moz, you can afford it! :thumb:
You can even keep the band with you, just have the orchestra in the pit or whatever :D :nopity:

Well, have to agree to disagree on this one.:) I like it raw! :guitar:

But he could afford it yes. If he doubled the prices on tickets which shouldn't be a problem.

Evidence for the defence,m'lud :

(with Steve Nieve,Costello's master keyboardman,I've seen just the two of them do 2hour shows and they're far from boring)

There's a guitarist and presumably a bassist there as well, 1:04 :o
Don't get me wrong, I find the song very lovely -- what I meant was a whole SET, a two-and-a-half hour concert with nothing BUT piano would get a little old, imo. I guess for the same reason I'm never really too fond of acoustic-only sets by solo artists, unless they're PHENOMENAL acoustic players. :guitar:

He did various cities with different UK symphony orchestras over about 10 days.

I see. Well I'm no fan of costello in general but I don't think he is a visual "physical" artist unlike moz whos shows are more than just music and nice songs. It's like a combination of hockey and religion. An orchestra just wouldn't do it for me. And also, if an orchestra is located in pit, where would I stand?

I think Nowhere Fast, Death at One's Elbow and Cemetry Gates make up for Crashing Bores (good song, just played too many times), First of the Gang (enough already!) and Teenage Dad on His Estate (boring song).

Lots of good stuff in there. The Loop, Ganglord, Carol, Black Cloud, Find Out, Goodbye/Farewell...

I could do without HSIN? and Poor Education as well.

I'd love to see those two swapped for Bigmouth and Shame is the Name.

I see. Well I'm no fan of costello in general but I don't think he is a visual "physical" artist unlike moz whos shows are more than just music and nice songs. It's like a combination of hockey and religion. An orchestra just wouldn't do it for me. And also, if an orchestra is located in pit, where would I stand?

The orchestra was on stage all around him.
I'm just thinking of the time when M can no longer be so physical (and it looks like that time is fast coming up).
He could go the Iggy/Jagger route and really work out :sick:
or he's got to come up with a different stage act or,perhaps,it will be retirement ?

Back
Top Bottom