The Sunny E.P.

Oso Blanco

The Truth Is Out There
Hi everyone,

I'm just curios when exactly (which session) the tracks on the Sunny E.P. were recorded. It was released at the end of 1995 by his former record company, but the tracks were recorded much earlier. Tracks are:

Sunny
Black-Eyed Susan
A Swallow On My Neck

The reason I'd like to know this is because I am preparing my own compilation of non album tracks, and I'm not sure where to put those tracks. On the cover it says that tracks 1 and 3 are from 1994 and track 2 is from 1993. But when exactly? What other songs have been recorded during those sessions?

Sunny was was recorded during the Boxers EP form which it was pulled off at the very last minute - don't know the rason though

That's right, Sunny was meant to be the fourth track on the boxers ep from the start of 1995 but was pulled for some reason. It's interesting to note that in the video for boxers there is someone wearing a t-shirt with Sunny written on it.

I believe Blackeyed Susan was left over from the Vauxhall session and A Swallow on my neck was recorded after the Vauxhall sessions as a b-side. Johnny Rogan's new book would have more details in but I'm too tight to buy it! It's a worthwhile browse in the book shop though.

Think I might dig out my Sunny ep in a bit actually.....

Thanks for the info!

I have found some more information that confirms the story that Sunny should have been on the Boxers E.P. and Black-Eyed Susan was supposed to be on the The More You Ignore Me Single.

That leaves "Swallow On My Neck" ... I guess that's from Boxers, too.

From an interview w/ former Morrissey drummer Woodie Taylor:

Q: "Swallow on my neck" & "Black-eyed Susan" were recorded during the Vauxhall sessions, and "Sunny" during the "Boxers" correct?

A: Swallow on my Neck was recorded at the next session in Feb 94 with Moon River, I wasn't there! Sunny was recorded with the 3 Boxers tracks in Oct 94. These were originally to be B sides for two further Vauxhall singles.

Does anyone remember that Boyracer was released on the same day as the Sunny EP?

Another crazy episode in the world of Morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom