The Sundays

ChicagoGuy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this band....I don't think a week has gone by in the last 20 years where I haven't listened to their music. However, why are they so elusive? They finished their careers at their peak (Summertime was their biggest hit) and then fell off the face of the planet.

Does anyone know David or Harriet?

I know they started a family and wanted to focus on all that, but I really can find NOTHING about what they are up to currently....

Does anyone have any current pictures of Harriet or David?

Here's what I found a few months ago...I'll keep my fingers crossed for some kind of reunion...

https://hub.aa.com/en/aw/alternative-rock-music

Seriously, someone out there MUST know them personally and can give us some details...I'm not looking for their address or phone numbers....Just little anecdotes that can tide over a life-long Sundays fan....

BTW, my favorite Sundays song is "You're not the only one I know..."

Also, if David or Harriet are reading this...I love your music so much...thanks for making this world better with your beautiful tunes.

100% agree with you on this.

When I'm thinking about you is my fave - simply wonderful.

I wish they could find time to create some more music, wonderful guitars, wonderful voice, wonderful songs.

I agree: Great band, brilliant records.

No idea what they are doing now. I can only remember that Harriet and David seemed to be quite happy together on stage the only time I saw them live in the early 90s. Harriet seems to be the shy type. May be the reason why they stopped recording, touring etc. For some reason I can only see them now as a happy family living regular lifes outside the music biz.

Last edited:
I agree: Great band, brilliant records.

No idea what they are doing now. I can only remember that Harriet and David seemed to be quite happy together on stage the only time I saw them live in the early 90s. Harriet seems to be the shy type. May be the reason why they stopped recording, touring etc. For some reason I can only see them now as a happy family living regular lives outside the music biz.

I was in college when they were at their peak and was never able to see them live due to not being aware that they were touring (internet was YOUNG) or just not being able to afford a ticket...ugh, I really regret not being able to see them. If they were to reform, I would seriously FLY wherever they were playing and see them...

Update: I did a little more digging on the band and I read in a few places that Harriet had an issue with a stalker...perhaps that is why they have disappeared?

Great to bring The Sundays up here!

I like them very much. I got along the band via a sampler CD here in Germany in the 90's.

Great band with great songs. I Kicked A Boy is my favourite song.

I love the Sundays! I too, recently surfed the Internet hoping to find any info regarding any future plans to tour. I was fortunate to get to see them in Minneapolis (1997?). I think it might be a Sundays night...

I love the Sundays! I too, recently surfed the Internet hoping to find any info regarding any future plans to tour. I was fortunate to get to see them in Minneapolis (1997?). I think it might be a Sundays night...

Are you a fan of The Ocean Blue? Their lead singer is from Minneapolis and runs his record label out of that town....The Ocean Blue definitely took up the void that was left when the Smiths broke up....They are currently touring and putting out new material...they are one of my top 10 fav bands...although, they release music every 5 to 6 years....They are definitely worth a listen...just look up their album, "Cerulean." It's brilliant....

Hey thanks for the tip regarding Ocean Blue, ChicagoGuy. I see they are playing in town on November 29th. Perhaps I will catch them live! I had third row seats to see Moz in Chicago last summer--I was crushed 0-6. I prolly have a better chance seeing The Sundays than our Mozzer... Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom