The Sundays

No fecking way! I'm going....I'm going! Release the album. Announce the gig. I'll be there!

I'll race you to the front Davie. Fiji is only three hours away from New Zealand! I've been there before. You wouldn't get many punters turning up. Good to see that the band have integrity and haven't cashed in their past by doing the standard reunion circuits. New material would be most welcome.

Love love love Reading Writing and Arithmetic. Here's something for the fact-freaks. The first word of that album was meant to be pronounced as in the town, not the activity. It was meant to be a joke, but few got it. Trufax.

P.

I'll race you to the front Davie. Fiji is only three hours away from New Zealand! I've been there before. You wouldn't get many punters turning up. Good to see that the band have integrity and haven't cashed in their past by doing the standard reunion circuits. New material would be most welcome.

Did you ever listen to Static & Silence? I must admit I actually don't give it much of a listen compared to their first two albums. I must get around to it one day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever listen to Static & Silence? I must admit I actually don't give it must of a listen compared to their first two album. I must get around to it one day!

Not as much as the first two albums. I must raise my hand and confess that I have a faded scrapbook with magazine clippings from the NME and Melody Maker and any other music magazine of the time. I have a few old VHS tapes of grainy footage of the band playing in Oxford and places like that. I think they cost me something like 12 pounds, which was a heck of a lot back in the early nineties. I had to add in exchange rates and postage. There's also a few bootleg gigs on tape that I have. Harriet was the indie pin-up girl. The NME front page of her in her Docs. Still makes my heart skip all these years later. And her voice. Lovely. As the talented Melody Maker writer Chris Roberts once wrote. "Let me call The Sundays a veil of mist across a mountain". Something like that.

I'm surprised they haven't managed to write an albums worth of material by now. It's been years since Static & Silence. It will be interesting to see if they still write songs in the same way.

Interesting news - thanks for passing on.
The Sundays were a bit like Keane in that they did a brilliant debut album but everything after that was hugely disappointing.
Oh, except the single, Summertime, which was a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom