The Suede thread for Suede things

329696738_719911529873803_7856324923400039338_n.jpg

Dog Man Star is fantastic, I think, and so is most of Sci-fi Lullabies and some of the songs on the debut album and Coming Up. The rest I just can’t take seriously. It’s as if they’re trying so hard to recreate whatever it is they were in the 90s, and to me it just comes off as contrived. They haven’t evolved. To make matters worse, the songs aren’t there anymore, and that makes all the difference.

I know they are a very popular band among the patrons of Solo, so I expect a whipping for saying what I just said, but that’s okay.
To me, Night Thoughts and particularly The Blue Hour are the very epitome of evolution. Along came Autofiction after that which just blew me out of my socks.

Do anyone of you Suede nerds/connoisseurs know why the stunning and outright brilliant “This World Needs a Father” was excluded from Sci-fi Lullabies? It would probably have been the best song on the album. Top 3 at least.
Yah that was a massive disappointment at the time and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Looking forward to seeing Suede on the 29th, they sound great and look great!

Lucky you! Sometimes I wish I lived in Blighty. I haven't seen Suede since Night Thoughts. I love their Autofiction album and The Blue Hour and would love to see them again.

Apparently suede and the Manics are teaming up to do a duet about some Canadian chick who has recently lost all of her legs.....

They were last seen somewhere
In a valley in Wales, walking to a pace to Nicky's house😱😱

I’ve got my Alexa warmed up to play dog man star...
I loved this album, but it’s been some time since I’ve last heard it...
I’m fearful my mood will sink...

I suppose I can always put the
Proclaimers on to lift the mood😀

Here goes then ....

Lucky you! Sometimes I wish I lived in Blighty. I haven't seen Suede since Night Thoughts. I love their Autofiction album and The Blue Hour and would love to see them again.

Yes looking forward to it, they added a 2nd night in Manchester so got lucky getting a ticket.

He's enjoying himself.

Back
Top Bottom