The Suede thread for Suede things

He is really starting to remind me of Bryan Ferry, I think he will take his place as style icon (when Bryan retires) if he starts wearing more suits with great tailoring, he already wears very Ferry like coats. Having seen both up very close, I can see they also have similar builds, bone structure and hair. Lots of similarities.
326780248_721116816314212_1978211693942641245_n.jpg

I've started listening to Suede very recently and I must say I quite like what I've heard so far. A distinctive voice and a distinctive sound. Lyrics sometimes feel a bit "meh" but the delivery usually compensates for them. I gave the first two albums and the latest one a few listens but diverted back to the compilations because I'm a lazy basterd.

What do you all think of the "Beautiful Ones" compilation album? Any songs you think are missing?

Disc 3 of The Beautiful Ones compilation contains almost every Suede song I love, throw in So Young and By The Sea and it would be perfect.

Hm, that's an interesting ranking.. I'd a have the hardest time agreeing with that order. This band seems way too consistent with the quality they put out. Seems to be a lot easier to rank other bands of that caliber. I'd even venture to say some more known acts (DM or the Cure, Pixies, or even other britpop/madchester/indie acts aka Charlies etc..) would be a better candidate for rating, as they have produced some very very questionable if not outright terrible material over the years... I just really don't see that with this band.

Hm, that's an interesting ranking.. I'd a have the hardest time agreeing with that order. This band seems way too consistent with the quality they put out. Seems to be a lot easier to rank other bands of that caliber. I'd even venture to say some more known acts (DM or the Cure, Pixies, or even other britpop/madchester/indie acts aka Charlies etc..) would be a better candidate for rating, as they have produced some very very questionable if not outright terrible material over the years... I just really don't see that with this band.
I ranked the top 4 myself several pages back and I picked the same albums, slightly different order, so how would you rank, if you care to share?

Back
Top Bottom