The Suede thread for Suede things

I haven't seen them live and the 2 nights in Manchester in March have sold out but might have to go the re seller route. I've never been a a massive fan but have a couple of albums but bizarrely I like to listen to them when I'm running, particularly the high tempo stuff like Trash, going to download the album now as I have a longish drive to do this morning.
Have fun! Get to a show!
I have liked them for a while but started liking them a lot more after watching live performances, great energy. Brett is a wild man, lots of fun.

I've seen them live 35 times and they just seem to get better and better... How Brett can jump around like that at his age is beyond me...

Autofiction is an OK album, but for me it's not as good as Night Thoughts and The Blue Hour...

I've seen them live 13 times, and the most special one was without a doubt the reunion thingie for the Teenager Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall in 2010.

There was so much love in that room, they got standing ovations. The applause after Metal Mickey wouldn't end... the band were completely overwhelmed.

I've seen them live 13 times, and the most special one was without a doubt the reunion thingie for the Teenager Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall in 2010.

There was so much love in that room, they got standing ovations. The applause after Metal Mickey wouldn't end... the band were completely overwhelmed.
Yes, definitely... I was there at the RAH gig in 2010 and it was overwhelming... I remember Richard Oakes just stading there giggling like a schoolboy when the standing ovation just wouldn't stop after MM... I was at the warm-up gig at 100Club a few days earlier as well! Probably the best Suede gig I ever attended - tiny venue...

I rewatched that concert a few days ago. Absolutely stunning concert.

My ranking of the studio albums:

1. Dog Man Star
2. Suede
3. Night Thoughts
4. The Blue Hour
5. Coming Up
6. Head Music
7. Autofiction
8. Bloodsports
9. A New Morning

The first two plus Sci-Fi Lullabies (part 1)

A b-sides collection that was better than most other bands' a-sides.

Agree totally. Amazing b-sides. I was gonna add, if you liked those first two albums, then find the singles from those albums. But yes, though not complete, grabbing Sci-Fi would be easier.

"Suede," says Morrissey, choosing his words with characteristic acidic wit, "are what the NME thought the Stone Roses were – a good group with songs. It's a group with all reference points so tightly packed that it consequently leaves no room whatsoever for originality, should any be lurking. Despite his claims to the contrary, I have never met Brett and wouldn't wish to; he seems like a deeply boring young man with Mr Kipling crumbs in his bed. He'll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie."

"Suede," says Morrissey, choosing his words with characteristic acidic wit, "are what the NME thought the Stone Roses were – a good group with songs. It's a group with all reference points so tightly packed that it consequently leaves no room whatsoever for originality, should any be lurking. Despite his claims to the contrary, I have never met Brett and wouldn't wish to; he seems like a deeply boring young man with Mr Kipling crumbs in his bed. He'll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie."
SPM is a terrible judge of character.

Back
Top Bottom