342049059_1971831289818734_6364721285154559782_n.jpg

Great channel for dusting off footage.
Uploaded today:

Next in the series:

Suede 30 Reissues (Wave 2).

FB_IMG_1684971247285.jpg

Suede / Metal Mickey b/w Where The Pigs Don't Fly

Released 15/09/2023 / Label Demon / 7” Picture Disc in Die Cut Sleeve £14.99

As part of Demon Music's Suede30 campaign, they are issuing Suede’s first four singles as highly collectable 7” picture discs, reproducing the original arresting cover images on the discs.

The second release is another absolute classic, 'Metal Mickey', originally released on Nude Records on 14th September 1992, and to this day one of many highlights of a Suede concert. It reached number 17 in the UK charts, earning the band their first appearance on Top Of The Pops, and paving the way for the release of the band’s debut album.

Next in the series:

Suede 30 Reissues (Wave 2).

View attachment 91357

Suede / Metal Mickey b/w Where The Pigs Don't Fly

Released 15/09/2023 / Label Demon / 7” Picture Disc in Die Cut Sleeve £14.99

As part of Demon Music's Suede30 campaign, they are issuing Suede’s first four singles as highly collectable 7” picture discs, reproducing the original arresting cover images on the discs.

The second release is another absolute classic, 'Metal Mickey', originally released on Nude Records on 14th September 1992, and to this day one of many highlights of a Suede concert. It reached number 17 in the UK charts, earning the band their first appearance on Top Of The Pops, and paving the way for the release of the band’s debut album.

I never understood how Where The Pigs Don't Fly -or for that matter ANY of those early b-sides- was left off the debut. That record could have easily been a knockout double album. Dolly, He's Dead, My Insatiable One, Painted People, The Big Time, To The Birds, High Rising...Jesus CHRIST they were on something back then.

Well I trust your opinion even when I disagree. Outside of The Outsiders, No Tomorrow, and Life Is Golden (all of which I absolutely love) I have not been able to get into their reunion era stuff. Can you recommend some songs?
Pardon my interruption, but the first 4 songs off of the most recent release, Autofiction are amazing.

Pardon my interruption, but the first 4 songs off of the most recent release, Autofiction are amazing.
I can't get past the guy who once wrote Pantomime Horse writing an ode to his mommy, and the opening track at that. It makes me cringe. It's about two steps away from Christian rock. Suede were a seedy, sleazy, druggy, illicit band that wrote great songs about addicts and sex and London nightlife. What in the living f*** is She Still Leads Me On.

Last edited:
I just feel like Suede 2.0 is what Morrissey always meant when he would explain over and over why the idea of The Smiths reuniting was abhorrent...that The Smiths were a young band that sang about young people. Same with Suede...except Suede doesn't seem to mind.

I can't past the guy who once wrote Pantomime Horse writing an ode to his mommy, and the opening track at that. It makes me cringe. It's about two steps away from Christian rock. Suede were a seedy, sleazy, druggy, illicit band that wrote great songs about addicts and sex and London nightlife. What in the living f*** is She Still Leads Me On.
Er, The Next Life?

I can't past the guy who once wrote Pantomime Horse writing an ode to his mommy, and the opening track at that. It makes me cringe. It's about two steps away from Christian rock. Suede were a seedy, sleazy, druggy, illicit band that wrote great songs about addicts and sex and London nightlife. What in the living f*** is She Still Leads Me On.
I kind of know what you mean about She Still Leads Me On, but it would be ridiculous for Suede to still be writing songs about "addicts and sex and London nightlife." It would be sad self-parody. Anderson is 55, he's been through all of that, he's clearly a different guy now.

I kind of know what you mean about She Still Leads Me On, but it would be ridiculous for Suede to still be writing songs about "addicts and sex and London nightlife." It would be sad self-parody. Anderson is 55, he's been through all of that, he's clearly a different guy now.
That's fair and I agree but so then why reform the band?

Back
Top Bottom