The Suede thread for Suede things

i love that cheese!!! the truffle one is my favourite! i didnt know it was welsh! aw now whenever i eat it im going to think of the manics and how thoughtful they are. what a bunch of nice boys :hearteyes: i wonder if suede gave them anything???

Hi I was at the gig and saw James Dean Bradfield there. In fairness he does go to a lot of live gigs in Cardiff.

PS Make sure you go and catch Suede live on one of the remaining dates on this tour if you can - they're on fire.
Hello :) I did hear JDB went. I am in the US and saw them both 3x when they were here recently, they were definitely on fire :fire::fire::fire:quite friendly to the fans too.

Fortunate to see Suede twice on this tour, been fantastic
Don’t get the credit they deserve , should be playing much bigger venues easily (although the selfish part of me enjoys seeing them up close

I ended up buying the signed Autofiction lp they were selling at the Merch stand, £35 take note Morrissey , and that was for all 5 of them signing it!

I ended up buying the signed Autofiction lp they were selling at the Merch stand, £35 take note Morrissey , and that was for all 5 of them signing it!

I think I paid about £12 for a fully signed copy of their previous album from their online shop which I thought was a bargain. I am surprised Morrissey doesn't take more of an advantage of this market? Personally I would quite happily pay extra if he sold signed items through Mporium. Obviously it would mean more if he signed the item in front of me, but as I have never been lucky enough to meet him, I would settle for buying online.

Also a recent review from Birmingham Symphony Hall:

Couple of great Suede items out in July (7/7):

The Drowners / To The Birds

Picture Disc in Die Cut Sleeve £14.99 As part of the Suede30 campaign, alongside the newly- remastered editions of the #1 debut album, Demon Records will issue Suede's first four singles as highly collectable 7" picture discs, starting with The Drowners, reproducing the original arresting cover images on the discs. The first release is the absolute classic "The Drowners", originally released on Nude Records on 11th May 1992, and to this day one of the many highlights of a Suede concert. It reached number 49 in the UK charts, paving the way for the next three singles. The NME and Melody Maker both voted it Single Of The Year. AA-side "To The Birds" did not appear on the Suede album. But in recent times, Brett has commented that in hindsight, he would have included the song in the album's tracklisting.

Suede (30th Anniversary Edition)

2CDS in Seven-inch Deluxe Gatefold Packaging, with 8- Page Bookletplus 10 Bonus Tracks £18.99 •Half Speed Remaster. 180 Gram Black Vinyl with OBI £31.99 Released in March 1993, Suede's self-titled debut was a critical and commercial triumph, winning the prestigious Mercury Music Prize and hitting the #1 spot on the UK Album Chart. Featuring the classic singles 'The Drowners, 'Animal Nitrate', 'So Young', and Metal Mickey', 'Suede' sold 100,000 copies in its first week making it the fastest- selling debut album ever in the UK at the time. LP - To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this landmark album, Demon Records and AIR Mastering proudly present this new half-speed master edition. This edition has been newly mastered by Phil Kinrade from the original 12" tapes and production masters, overseen and approved by producer Ed Buller. The vinyl lacquer was expertly cut using precision half-speed mastering by Barry Grint at AIR Mastering. Half-speed mastering is a vinyl cutting technique that improves groove accuracy and transient information creating an incredibly detailed stereo image with a natural high frequency response. Pressed on 180g heavyweight vinyl, housed in a poly-lined inner sleeve, featuring an obi strip and a 4-page booklet insert

2CD - The album has been newly mastered by Phil Kinrade at AIR from the original 12" tapes and production masters, overseen and approved by producer Ed Buller. The nine B- sides are now included on a second CD, along with a cover of 'Brass in Pocket, recorded for an NME covermount cassette. In recent times, Brett has commented that in hindsight, he would have included some of the B-sides in the album's tracklisting. The two CDs are presented in brand new seven-inch deluxe gatefold packaging, with an 8-page booklet which includes the lyrics and credits.

Screenshot_20230419-164536.png
Screenshot_20230419-164521.png

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom