The Strokes

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
I've been listening to their new song Under Cover Of Darkness repeatedly since I first heard it on Friday, it's simply fantastic.

A very promising lead single for the forthcoming album.
If the rest of the album is anywhere near as good, then we are in for a real treat.

The Strokes are back? We can only hope...

yeah, i'm digging the new song as well. fingers crossed for the new album.

I truly don't like The Strokes. I don't know why, but their songs have no personality or even identity and of course Julian's voice is awful. I do believe he'll never get over it. Pay attention on Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and forget Strokes. They don't deserve all good words they received all these years.

I truly don't like The Strokes. I don't know why, but their songs have no personality or even identity and of course Julian's voice is awful. I do believe he'll never get over it. Pay attention on Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and forget Strokes. They don't deserve all good words they received all these years.

I agree. I love Franz Ferdinand and the Artic Monkeys. I couldn't really get into the strokes though. I tried listening to one of their cds. I think I listened to it four times and then gave up on it. It was just too monotone. After a few songs they started grinding on my nerves, but maybe it's just that they have their own sound and it's not my cup of tea. I do like their song "Last Nite."

I agree. I love Franz Ferdinand and the Artic Monkeys. I couldn't really get into the strokes though. I tried listening to one of their cds. I think I listened to it four times and then gave up on it. It was just too monotone. After a few songs they started grinding on my nerves, but maybe it's just that they have their own sound and it's not my cup of tea. I do like their song "Last Nite."

The Strokes has the same problem that other limited bands (Linkin' Park, Blink, Evanescense): all songs sound like the previous one. Yes, the only song is like is "Last Nite/Night". The Julian's solo is terrible (as well as Brando Flowers' ).

The Strokes has the same problem that other limited bands (Linkin' Park, Blink, Evanescense): all songs sound like the previous one. Yes, the only song is like is "Last Nite/Night". The Julian's solo is terrible (as well as Brando Flowers' ).

Well, I am really not sure what you mean by "limited." Where Linkin' Park, Blink, and that other name are pretty average musicians, The Strokes guitarists are really incredible. To watch them weave in and out of each other onstage is really something special. That said, It has all been downhill since their debut for me. The debut is a fantastic slice of guitar-driven Rock: shared leads/rhythms, great lyrics, catchy hooks, bouncy basslines...

Room On Fire sorta lost me. Reptilia and 12:51 were the standouts. And the third album fans waited so long for was just awful. I haven't played it from beginning to end since I first purchased it.

I've seen them live three times and they are/were one of the best live bands I have seen, but they are best in the smaller venues.

So, back to what I was originally saying, if you don't like 'em, that's cool...but to call musicians limited when they are performing at a standard well beyond their peers isn't really being honest. Morrissey is limited too, but we don't discuss that in these forums... ;)

Back
Top Bottom