The story of 'Hand In Glove' - Johnny Marr on Radio X

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncleskinny, Nov 18, 2018.

By Uncleskinny on Nov 18, 2018 at 7:16 PM
  1. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Redundant Redundant x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncleskinny, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      • Like Like x 1
    2. billybu69
      billybu69
      Just follow the steps kids, and you to be can be a rock god.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Mayfly
      Mayfly
      Thanks for posting. So cool that Johnny can still talk with excitement about the Smiths songs, as if they were written yesterday.I enjoyed it.
      • Like Like x 7
    4. Try Anything Twice
      Try Anything Twice
      I can hear it. Listened to both Bowie songs and then some Chic and I get it. Love learning the backstories.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. marred
      marred
      The entire video was posted at least a month ago. Where have you been? These redundant posts aren't going to make up for your other toxic bullshit.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    6. Amy
      Amy
      Love it.
      "I fucked that up, the 'one night that he left the house' was the punchline!"
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Most of the story was familiar to me, but I loved hearing him play 'This Night Has Opened My Eyes'! :guitar:
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      But more importantly, you need to find a person with an original mind, voice, and vision
      to turn those guitar tunes into music history.

not so easy.

:cool:
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Zoinks
      Zoinks
      Add being a very engaging speaker to the list of Johnny's many talents! He also spoke at the Great Escape Festival and the Cannes Lions Festival of International Creativity this past summer.
      • Like Like x 7
    10. MozIsGod
      MozIsGod
      But Jesse has been playing Marr riffs every night for the past fourteen years. Surely Marr's genius would rub off on him, right?
      • Funny Funny x 2
    11. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      I ye reckon what a load of bull ox cunt tit thick wacker bull ox. I reckon the California Son should sue this foreigner Brit piece of shit for defamation. Stay up in Portland, Oregon overrated guitarist. Stop coming down here to Moz Angeles every six months pretending you are looking for a place near Uncle Steve. You could never afford LA.
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. celibate
      celibate
      Hand in Glove where it started and ended, still one of the best singles in that creative early period. Stands the time easily.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The Smiths were the coming together of a musical genius and a lyrical genius. And Mike and Andy. Now Moz just has a band.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      he has been using that line for years now,like a comedian using the same gag over and over.
    15. pandaproducts
      pandaproducts
      I wish I had the ability to listen to The Smiths for the first time all over again.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. FROSTY
      FROSTY
      ..loved that.. thanks for posting
    17. A Man Escaped
      A Man Escaped
      Indeed. However, if you listen to "World Peace..." continuously for, say 3 three weeks, and then put on The Queen is Dead, *IMO* its a close second.
      • Informative Informative x 2
    18. KingKongLeer
      KingKongLeer

Hand in Glove would probably be nothing but muical cramness without Morrissey's lyrics and vocal melodies.
    19. Amy
      Amy
      I'd never heard it before. I've heard the story of Hand in Glove several times but something about seeing Johnny act it out with such excitement ("I had my legs up", "Moz, listen!") just had me beaming. Imagine getting a knock on the door and standing there in your socks whilst you're gifted Hand in Glove. Surreal.
      • Like Like x 5