The story behind this photo?

A

Anonymous

Anyone know?

1zf752s.jpg

Story of my night? :straightface: Later I'm going for snacks.

What the hell is going on with his dirty jeans? Did he come straight from his day job digging trenches for septic systems to attend the gig there? "I'll just change my shirt in the car, I don't need to go home first..."

They're Helmut Lang paint splattered jeans. They were all the rage for 2 months in the 90s

They're Helmut Lang paint splattered jeans. They were all the rage for 2 months in the 90s

Correct. I think he was wearing them during the 'Oye Esteban' tour in 1999. Or was that tour in 2000? Or 1998? One of those years.

Correct. I think he was wearing them during the 'Oye Esteban' tour in 1999. Or was that tour in 2000? Or 1998? One of those years.

1999-2000. I seem to have a vague memory of this photo on the old Morrisseytour website. Those jeans were dreadful. This was also the "West Ham Football Club" shirt phase - and the pleather Elvis "comeback special" suit. And the encore sailor suit for that matter. It was back in the days before Morrissey realized it was too exhausting to play dress-up and he could order the band to do it instead.

If he wore them on the Oye Estaban warm-up leg in SB, I couldn't see the paint splatters as I was in the back row. :cool:

If he wore them on the Oye Estaban warm-up leg in SB, I couldn't see the paint splatters as I was in the back row. :cool:

Did you see when he threw on the sailor suit?

I remember seeing that picture. It's definitely the first leg of the Oye Esteban Tour. I wanna say somewhere in Europe.

I remember seeing that picture. It's definitely the first leg of the Oye Esteban Tour. I wanna say somewhere in Europe.

I've never seen him in the sailor suit. Would someone please put a pic in this thread? I googled and nothing. Thanks so much!

I've never seen him in the sailor suit. Would someone please put a pic in this thread? I googled and nothing. Thanks so much!

He did it for the encore at the Santa Barbra show. I wasn't at the first show in AZ so I don't know if he did it there and I never saw him do it again. This was in 99 and my cell phone back then didn't have a camera, sorry. But I was one of the dudes up front, so I seen it with my own eyes.

He was partial to wearing lots of getups during that tour. I recall in Ventura, he threw on a silk shirt with the Virgin Mary on back, you know the kind mexican guys with cowboy hats wear?

Did you see when he threw on the sailor suit?

I vaguely recall that. I was overwhelmed at hearing Meat is Murder live for the first time. And he said he wanted to have sex with every one of us and in my brain I always thought he preferred the boys so my mind was blown that I had his permission sorta to mammermate to him. :o It changed my whole routine and I was processing it all literally in the back row of the Arlington so I think I missed out on the sailor suit which is a shame bc I love Popeye. :D

Geez. Did the sailor suit make it to the east coast shows? I have no memory of such a thing, and I feel like it's something I would remember. :love:

Geez. Did the sailor suit make it to the east coast shows? I have no memory of such a thing, and I feel like it's something I would remember. :love:
I'm pretty sure he only wore it for the west coast dates at the tail end of '99, but I could be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom